Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Steve Wozniak finds Windows phone more beautiful than Android

Previous  12
Author Steve Wozniak finds Windows phone more beautiful than Android
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-01 14:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I don't care if it does or doesn't. All I know is I love it. Microsoft are worth alot and will always be around. As long as they have their OS and it continues to improve I don't care if it does not compete with anyone. It does all I need to do.
Phone?? What phone??
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-05-01 20:18
To me the UI of WP is all but boring!
This feel about it, when you get to use it, really rids you of any need to customize it!
It's feels futuristic. Something modern, fresh, and unique. Not like anything else.. This factor about it, call it the X factor if you want, regarding the UI and aesthetics, really sets it apart from competitors. And gives no room to complain about boredom!

In Symbian I always left an one empty screen just to have a nice pure background reflecting my own taste and personality.
Even on my PC, I use multiple desktops and leave the main one empty! Just widgets on sides..

But now with modern OSes, the lockscreen does it for you. What do I need the background for if it's all covered with icons, widgets, tiles and whatnot.. Specially with Android and all of it's clutter!

Another point about the UI, it's intelligent. Not just fluid and pretty.
The minimalistic look is also very practical and functional bringing only the info you need right into your face. Whether the topographic nature when you go into apps or menu, or live tiles on the home screen. Pure intelligence. That's how I see it and I do believe one has to use it to know about this fact.
Usually artists and journalists fall in love with the UI and Live Tiles because they're experienced with such topographic nature and modern creative designs. The average Joe or any other smartphone/PC user doesn't accept new stuff that easily. He wants to see icons, widgets and normal fonts filling all over the place. That's what he's used to.

But once get to really use it, you know what it's about.

However, having said all that,yes, the functinality part is where WP still has to catch up.
But look at me, I'm living with an HD7 quite well. I can do more with an Android but WP Mango is enough as well! At least for me, and I consider myself a smartphone power user. But not a geek in need to tinker and install custom third party stuff on my phone..

However, the real reason what lead to me choose WP over Android at the mean time, is what's coming.
No need to go Android then jump to WP later. PureView is coming. Nokia Maps as well as I need soon when I jump to a Lumia (a country I visit regularly isn't covered by Google Maps!!). All the missing functionality will arrive with WP 8 (Apollo).. WP will have same kernel as Windows 8. Some great and unique features are coming as well (based on the leaked roadmap for WP)..
And above all, I can't go with iOS or Android tablets as my main PCs!! This can never happen. I need a Windows PC, and with Windows 8 arriving pretty soon, making with WP one complete integrated ecosystem, it's a no brainer for me really.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-01 21:55
Well explained There is alot of things on Android I find pointless. I don't need battery draining live wallpapers etc. Too much on screen clutter aswell. By the way Bing Maps is excellent & fast,really accurate too. In future WP updates more features are coming.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-05-01 20:56 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-05-02 23:35
Guess the Envy btw Apple and Windows
Stood the ground in early days they seemed
To be more rivalling company's

The new CEO seems a good guy at least
He has more choice with his phones
Lol why so many is an actual wonder haha
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi