Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > No 3D camera for Samsung smartphones

Author No 3D camera for Samsung smartphones
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 15:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Apple is rumoured to be working on one. HTC and LG already have one. Yet it seems Samsung has no plans to follow suit by introducing a 3D camera to its smartphone range.

Speculation had been rife that the new Samsung Galaxy S III might house some kind of 3D technology when it arrives later this year.

But Samsung has vehemently denied working on a 3D camera for the Galaxy S III or any other potential handset for that matter.

In a statement to Engadget, Samsung said: “Although Samsung Electronics is constantly exploring new technologies for our mobile devices, we have no immediate plan to include displays featuring 3D technology in our upcoming smartphones.”

Read more
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Menoso
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 08:48
Just tell me, how often do you use camera on your phone? Not often... Especially 3d one. It is just some geek stufа that Samsung doesn't support. And I agree with it.
[ This Message was edited by: Menoso on 2012-05-14 07:44 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 09:00
3D is just pointless gimmick. I had the HTC Evo 3D but the camera was awful in 3D.
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 10:24
No matter how pointless 3D is on a smartphone, let it be known that if the next iPhone has 3D cameras and display it will fly off the shelves than any other iPhone has and become an iconic device, the Apple zealots will praise it and call it innovative and Apple will claim to be the 1st to do 3D, never under estimate the power of Apple marketing, just look how many fall for it on a quarterly basis.
I'd love to work in Apple's Marketing department.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-05-11 23:52
I use the camera on my phone every single day, since its a N8 with the best 12mp unit money can buy in a phone.

3D is just one big novelty to me, one which will never take off with the masses. Not in the cinema, not on games consoles and not on phones.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi