Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > The Official Camera Phone Shootout Competition April 2012: "Spring has come"

Author The Official Camera Phone Shootout Competition April 2012: "Spring has come"
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-08 15:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-04-05 07:34:46, redhunter wrote:
I'm going to shoot a must-win photo this week

I'm waiting 4 your shot redhunter
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-04-08 19:14

On 2012-04-07 13:09:07, hihihans wrote:
It was a beautiful pic of a bird in her nest breeding eggs.

What was wrong with that ??
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
emporium
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2012-04-08 19:42
Nothing, he deleted photo because of 1 votes.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-08 21:01
I have felt the same again recently not bothering to upload anymore
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-04-08 22:21
You cant not take part just because you only got one vote, or am i missing something more.. ??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-09 03:30
@etaab
I think it's not that he received 1 vote but in the photos section of esato his photos were rated '1' many times giving his photo an unfair ranking in the top rated section. There was suspicion (and strong evidence) that the votes there were being rigged positively and negatively by certain members on the forum. I thought the mods here cleaned it up a fair bit but it seems some are still being targeted. My solution for myself is I don't pay any attention to the ratings there (I don't visit the page at all), ignorance is bliss and I value votes in this thread as the voting is transparent and by people who care.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
biosx
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-09 15:09
Here's my entry... though I'm not so satisfied with it I missed out on the past two competitions as I've failed to get any good entries.

Cheers.

Original

Edit: It does have a 1 vote though I think i noticed a pattern on the "1 voting". If a photo enters the top 100 and "someone" whoever it is doesn't deem it "worthy" of the top, he votes it with 1. Pretty stupid as you're not supposed to make the top yourself, you just contribute with one vote. So even if he feels the photo is a 6 or a 7, he votes 1 to get the photo out of the top, thinking "that one doesn't deserve to be in the top 100". So, if you upload a nice photo and it gets 3 or 4 votes of 10, it will show up in the top briefly. Then our friendly neighborhood troll comes along and does what I've just said.

It's a hunch i have, kind of amuses me, in a sometimes annoying way. All of my really nice photos have at least one "1 vote" whereas my .. let's say "less successful" shots are deprived this privilege.

What would be nice is if someone could check some of the photos in the top and see if they have two or three "1 votes", if the person who voted them down was the same sad little troll. Then it would make sense...

I've been frustrated by this phenomena many times, but it's really not worth it mlife just smile!
[ This Message was edited by: biosx on 2012-04-09 14:14 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-09 16:44
I'd be honoured if one of my photos got the 1 vote treatment.

It's like Sir Alex Ferguson only slags off the teams that pose a threat to Man Utd, calling City desperate last week. He's completely stopped arguing with Wenger, he's even complimented him once or twice this season!

P.S. Great photo! ^^
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-04-09 15:45 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-04-09 20:59
Ah i see, i dont really use Esato for anything other than its forum so yes, ignorance is bliss.

Its the same on any site, you go to the news section and you get lots of morons posting stupid comments to the news but then you actually venture into the forums and find you have to sign up to post and you get more creditable comments.

@ mlife - like these guys have said ignore them and just post here, people can see quality with their eyes not by paying attention to a morons rigged voting.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-09 21:50
Nice shot @biosx I can almost smell the scent of spring now
Phone?? What phone??
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-10 00:24
Great shot biosx. Good to see your shot in this month's competition.

Regarding to the haters the best strategy is not to worry about them and their trolling votes. I remember when I was close to stop posting shots here at the end of the April last year. Fortunately jsrjr_gua_br and CecoBizona discouraged me from doing it. Even mlife wrote at one of my shots that he was also frustrated with it.

I bet it was the main reason of leaving many great photographers from Esato. I could bring dozens of links where owners of the shots are calling such haters of trols, idiots even gays

Esato could be great alternative for Flickr as cameraphones database. "Could" because sluggish mods don't do much in this case. Pity. If not us who don't bother such trolling, there would be hardly any user posting new shots. Who normally would to upload pics here and see couple of one's at start? Nobody. Everybody could fell as a stranger here.

Medicine on that would be a modification which automatically delete lowest marks every day. Otherwise I can’t see better future for mobile photography here in Esato. For now I’m trying not to bother those haters but I’m not guarantee that one day I will simply go away and I will upload shots only @ Flickr. All to left haters for themselves

At least here is less anonymity and everybody who wants to be part of monthly voting must reveal.
[ This Message was edited by: 9_Destiny on 2012-04-09 23:36 ]
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 23:16
That's why I put the names in the list at the end. To keep things clear and open.

Back to topic, post some spring-worthy pics please.
Can people from the southern-hemisphere post an autumn photo? I'd like to say yes
io_bg
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-12 14:39
Here's my entry. I've always wanted to shoot in foggy weather and today I had a perfect opportunity Click on the thumbnail to see it in the Photos section

*deleted*
[ This Message was edited by: io_bg on 2012-04-13 19:20 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-04-12 21:41
Do you think your picture illustrates spring has come though ?
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-12 22:00

On 2012-04-12 14:39:35, io_bg wrote:
Here's my entry. I've always wanted to shoot in foggy weather and today I had a perfect opportunity Click on the thumbnail to see it in the Photos section

I think the same way as etaab. To be honest I would never hit that it’s a picture of a spring or nature comes to life. Maybe more suitable shot would be better? What do you think io_bg?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic