Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Confirmed ICS release dates for Sony Xperia 2011 models - and why you do not want to update

Author Confirmed ICS release dates for Sony Xperia 2011 models - and why you do not want to update
3_nity
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-04-04 06:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-04-03 14:43:59, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Bono
I dont understand why exactly SE are doing that, in Android4.0 ICS when you go to Settings -Developer Options, there is an option already built-in to limit the amount of background processes.

Performance Assistant (at start up), man....
[ This Message was edited by: 3_nity on 2012-04-04 05:48 ]

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2012-04-04 09:10 ]
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-04 20:46
It's not just Sony, looks like Samsung dropped a clanger with this one:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/[....]-unlocked-galax/#disqus_thread
3_nity
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 11:52
Actualy, ICS is very smoothly UI, If...... our hardware is up to date. Particularly RAM & GPU.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 23:07
Guys check out htc one V, it has same 1 ghz cpu and same ram, yet runs ics plus sense 4.0 lag free and beautifully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]lGxJTI&feature=player_embedded

Although i am not an user, i think you guys need to push sony for the proper and actual update for all and not just thru the un notified via pc update. If htc can make sense 4.0 and ics run great on it, then so can sony!
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-07 00:24

On 2012-04-06 23:07:19, djin wrote:
Guys check out htc one V, it has same 1 ghz cpu and same ram, yet runs ics plus sense 4.0 lag free and beautifully

http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]lGxJTI&feature=player_embedded

Although i am not an user, i think you guys need to push sony for the proper and actual update for all and not just thru the un notified via pc update. If htc can make sense 4.0 and ics run great on it, then so can sony!

Most electronics run lag-free and beautifully when fresh out of the box.

GSMArena also notes that some of the animations found in the One S and the One X are missing in the One V.
[ This Message was edited by: lolstebbo on 2012-04-06 23:24 ]
3_nity
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-04-07 04:05
Still waiting for ICS update for my Ray.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-07 17:51
Ofcourse you cannot expect the whole sense 4.0 animations designed for 1gb ram to work with lower end one, instead of those they use stock ics ones such as the launch! I have used brand new arc, arc s, neo , neo v, and configured it for my friends, and non of them were lag free after a while(with minimal apps), and my htc desire 2 years old runs much much smooth with the same apps.

I am pointing out the mistake which sony/ are doing, and I want them to deliver the best, I will be getting an xperia soon enough as I really like x s.. but these things are making me doubt if I should buy it now!

This case reminds me of x10 and not getting gingerbread update, but thanks to the well informed ones, Including me, we kept asking and finally gave us the update, and everyone even the average people got benefited.

If they update for everyone and a good update, then all the better, if not, then most of us wont have anything to loose, but as a company, its still kind of cheating because your not even going to bother notifying if the update is even there, without knowing there is no choice, and the average people will think that buying a new phone would only be better when their barely a year old ones arent running good.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-07 21:18

On 2012-04-07 17:51:27, djin wrote:
Ofcourse you cannot expect the whole sense 4.0 animations designed for 1gb ram to work with lower end one, instead of those they use stock ics ones such as the launch! I have used brand new arc, arc s, neo , neo v, and configured it for my friends, and non of them were lag free after a while(with minimal apps), and my htc desire 2 years old runs much much smooth with the same apps.

I am pointing out the mistake which sony/ are doing, and I want them to deliver the best, I will be getting an xperia soon enough as I really like x s.. but these things are making me doubt if I should buy it now!

This case reminds me of x10 and not getting gingerbread update, but thanks to the well informed ones, Including me, we kept asking and finally gave us the update, and everyone even the average people got benefited.

If they update for everyone and a good update, then all the better, if not, then most of us wont have anything to loose, but as a company, its still kind of cheating because your not even going to bother notifying if the update is even there, without knowing there is no choice, and the average people will think that buying a new phone would only be better when their barely a year old ones arent running good.

How is this anything like the X10 case? Sony promised to update the 2011 Xperia models to ICS, and they're delivering on that; they're just also stating that the user experience may suffer due to changes in the OS.

For people that don't really use any apps, it won't present any issues. In my case, though, even Gingerbread is rather laggy. If I factory-reset my phone, then it would run lag-free. The situation could be even worse for me if I were running ICS.
3_nity
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 05:58
Still waiting for...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi