Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia S or Iphone 4S

Previous  123  Next
Author Sony Xperia S or Iphone 4S
ernesthelmer
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-18 11:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
As per me Xperia S is now very much superior in almost everything to the Iphone. Though apple fans too are uncountable...but now Xperia S is ready to win the battle.The Sony Xperia S has a larger screen and the main camera is now a 12-megapixel one against the 8-megapixel camera of its rival.
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-20 06:16
iphone 4s eats Sony S like nothing. (Sony S is just a big phone...thats it)

@ernesthelmer.........you think more Megapixels = better camera ?

(i hope not, because its not true........a hint: k750 year 2005)

cheers
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-04-20 05:19 ]
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-04-20 08:15
I'm not especially impressed by the Xperia S either, it's just big and got this original Sony Ericsson plastic feel. People tend to complain about the iPhone screen, but it's sufficient for most activities and i have never met anyone who uses a smart phone to watch movies. Of course there are people out there that does, but the big mass? no...

My answer to the question would be, neither! Wait 'til fall and see what Sony and Apple got in their labs.
Ravager
The tiny rabbit from outer space
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-08 22:43

On 2012-03-23 06:37:26, ernesthelmer wrote:
For me the winner is Iphone 4S.....The iPhone 4S might not be the most exciting update, but the improved camera, faster performance and the addition of Siri make it a top-ranking smartphone.Visit this link-
http://geekaphone.com/compare[....]-vs-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-arc-S

Comparing Xperia Arc S, when thread is about Xperia S vs iPhone 4 S..
Mano82
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-08 23:12
Here's a comparison between Screen Quality & Picture quality of iPhone 4S & Xperia S:

http://youtu.be/iYnz1S_jxzE

Video Camera Quality between both phones:

http://youtu.be/Xsy332wt1S4

xerox89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-08 23:28

On 2012-04-20 08:15:54, Ravager wrote:
I'm not especially impressed by the Xperia S either, it's just big and got this original Sony Ericsson plastic feel. People tend to complain about the iPhone screen, but it's sufficient for most activities and i have never met anyone who uses a smart phone to watch movies. Of course there are people out there that does, but the big mass? no...

My answer to the question would be, neither! Wait 'til fall and see what Sony and Apple got in their labs.

no for me . I watch alot movie on my phone and you do 100% activities on your screen .

A tiny screen with that cost is unacceptable . I haven met anyone who didnt use a smart phonw to watch movies .

Of course there are who dont , but the mainstream ? not

For screen ( not mentioning the size ) there is alot of device better than iphone4s include lumia 800 and xperia S .

Same for camera 4s don even surpass ARC in term of picture and video quality .
[ This Message was edited by: xerox89 on 2012-05-09 02:29 ]
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-09 00:09

On 2012-04-16 20:08:43, plankgatan wrote:
well, first of all WAY better photo quality on iphone 4s.

second, ive never seen a better screen then iphone 4s....have you ???

ps. the only bad thing with iphone 4s is, its to pricey.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-04-16 19:09 ]

Looks like a bull..shit.
Haven't seen any comparison proving that.
a w a r e
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-05-09 12:16
Without a doubt the xperia s.

Why?

I tell you why, it's beautiful, bigger gorgeous screen, swype messaging which the iPhone will never have, PlayStation certified, brilliant camera, out of the box HDMI, Android ICS when it arrives shortly plus it's half the price of the iPhone and still get more with the xperia s, don't believe the hype of the iPhone I think it's overrated and outdated. As per previous comments about angles I personally don't care about that, it's not s necessity especially with privacy!

If you don't end up with either I really recommend the Samsung Galaxy S3, it may new bit of an ugly duckling but it sure is some serious tech!
mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 02:43
Actually, I think viewing angle only matters with large displays for mass sharing like in a room packed with people viewing in all sorts of angles. If anything, privacy should be enhanced and made a feature for mobile screens. As it is, Sony phones are good enough for sharing say between my two kids who love to watch their favourite cartoons on my Arc S. In fact, it is more than adequate for its purpose, so I seriously don't understand the big deal with viewing angles other than it being a simple piece of technology not necessarily appropriate for mobiles. What would be really awesome is if someone came up with a technology which lets people determine whether or not their screens can be shared
[ This Message was edited by: mode on 2012-05-10 01:48 ]
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
xerox89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-10 08:08
Further more xperia s 's viewing angle not that bad . I got whole 90 degree viewing angle from mid .

Who really use their phone and watch movie from over 135' -.- thats funny .
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-05-16 01:44
@mode You are spot on with the feature to hide particular items on your phone, say your on a bank app for example, you dont really want people to see what money your transferring or have, thats really a sensitive issue I believe and glad my Neo V has poor viewing angles because I do a lot of mobile banking!!!

As for your kids watching cartoons, why dont you get or use the HDMI cable for your Arc S and hook it up to a TV and your kids dont need to use the phone screen? I love the HDMI on my Neo V, I mostly play games and using the livedock I have hooked up my wireless ps3 controlller, mouse & keyboard too!
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-05-16 06:42

On 2012-04-17 03:00:14, borg_ wrote:
What i can say is choose the iPhone 4S if you don't mind for bigger screen size.

I had the Xperia S and returned for the iPhone 4S

Main reasons:

-Size of the iPhone / Xperia S wasn't very handy for me
-Better screen from the 4S in view angle mode and playing games/ Xperia S is better for watching movies
-Camera on the Xperia S is good, but the iPhone seems always better and had better quality
-iPhone more battery life than the Xperia S

I'm not saying that the iPhone is better or worse than the Xperia S, but after having both, the iPhone suits better for me on a daily base

how u r telling better screen for paying games in ip4s?? hitting between fingers on a small screen with poor aspect ratio too..?? come on!!
[ This Message was edited by: idumbakumar on 2012-05-16 05:46 ]
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-05-16 06:48

On 2012-03-23 06:37:26, ernesthelmer wrote:
For me the winner is Iphone 4S.....The iPhone 4S might not be the most exciting update, but the improved camera, faster performance and the addition of Siri make it a top-ranking smartphone.Visit this link-
http://geekaphone.com/compare[....]-vs-Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-arc-S

are u joking. Poor siri is not smart enough to open the installed application. how come its top smart phone??
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-05-16 07:00
Bottomline: Xperia S can do everything an Android phone can do, it's got arguably better hardware than iphone, and cost half the price of the apple product, those who really buy iphone are either one of the following

- diehard fans/Android haters (particularly Samsung)
- people who loves the straightforwardness of IOS software and app store
- people who hates being in the same boat as others (Android is available in almost all major mobile phone manufacturer while Apple is only Apple)

anyone can freely add more to the list
10 years at Esato
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-05-18 01:52
@ razec I completely agree with you with the Xperia S, and even when the others i.e ion etc arrive it will push more pressure on Apple to release a half decent phone.

As for reasons why people are buying the iphone is one major reason - people are brainwashed and think the iphone is the only smartphone out there, thats why Samsung have tried to penetrate the market with their piss taking marketing campaign at Apple. I think thats a fair call and hey lets keep the sector competitive and not just one company domineering.

Another reason is iOS has heaps of apps which is another attraction, I do think it is awesome but Android is creeping up on the numbers as you can see the trend, apps for Android being released either same time as iOS or released after. That is becoming a more common theme which again I approve of and if Apple didnt have that many apps you wouild seen Android having an even more bigger slice of the cake!

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi