Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC One X Official Thread

Author HTC One X Official Thread
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 17:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Glad they got the LED notification light - so handy if you've not got your phone on you all the time.

Just wish HTC would include a small shutter button - using the screen to take photos is a real pain. Even the iPhone has now modified the volume button as a camera shutter button.

Other than that I think this will transform HTC's recent downward slide.
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-07 09:40
LG needs to create a hype, and work on their SW! all thou the LG Optimus 4X HD P880 is some what cheaper than the One X does not mather, you still buy "a brand" that you trust
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-04-07 15:34
Thats very true Skibbe, and after the LG Optimus 3D and 2X failed to meet expectations last year it seems nobody wants anything to do with LG.

Ps. Which will come 1st? Christmas or your One X???
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-07 22:58
Was in Carphone store today(nothing new there) & a customer brought back his One X to the store complaining of yellow tint issue But I gotta say wow what a beautiful device. The screen is the best HTC have made & it has that printed on the screen look about it. So much nicer than the Xperia S crap. Really impressed with it. But I do hope the yellow tint issue is not gonna start with the HTC One X. Apparently the store said 2 devices had the issue & the customer said the One X got very hot

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574058
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-04-07 22:07 ]
Phone?? What phone??
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 20:34
Finally had a chance to play with one in the O2 store today.

All I can say is... wow! Amazing screen which seems to float on the phone, very, very slick operation and Sense 4 is lovely. Not sure what you are on about Bono about the X S screen being crap because X S screen is also very good, albeit different from One X as it's not AMOLED.

Build quality is very good, and overall I think this wipes the floor against the SG2 and will compete with SGSIII.

All in all a stunning phone.

But...

The size kills it for me. Far too big, it even makes the Galaxy Nexus look small (and that's a big phone), it was difficult to use one handed (as it's too wide for me), therefore if you have big hands, fine, but if you are like me with smaller hands it's a real deal breaker.

If they could have put the One X specs in the One S's size, then this really would be the perfect HTC device (minus that elusive shutter button).
[ This Message was edited by: rickster2kuk on 2012-04-10 19:35 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 07:53
I caught a Glimpse of ICS on the HTC Sensation over the weekend
I admit it looked really cool but my partner dislikes all the bugs with it it needs another
update to fix them apparently!

Sorry to hear that the One is a tad Big for you rickster2kuk
not seeing it myself it looks a nice appealing handset but size is also a
big doubt for myself to not all enjoy huge phones we need a petition for
them to not go any higher then 4inch

anyway best of look with your next search of handset rickster2kuk
im sure theres something in the midst for you
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 08:17

On 2012-04-10 20:34:18, rickster2kuk wrote:
Finally had a chance to play with one in the O2 store today.

All I can say is... wow! Amazing screen which seems to float on the phone, very, very slick operation and Sense 4 is lovely. Not sure what you are on about Bono about the X S screen being crap because X S screen is also very good, albeit different from One X as it's not AMOLED.

[ This Message was edited by: rickster2kuk on 2012-04-10 19:35 ]

One X screen is not AMOLED. It's SLCD 2.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-11 07:22 ]
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 20:13
^ Yes, sorry, my mistake. SuperLCD 2 it is and it's mighty impressive. I think some of this is down to the fact that it looks very glossy and the way it's embedded in the device. Lovely.

On a sour note, I finally saw a live working One S and the Pentile screen on that is horrible. Very grainy - it doesn't help it's not high resolution, but after seeing the One X and X S screen's it's quite backward. I don't know why HTC opted for a cheaper solution in the One S (cost I presume) and didn't use SuperLCD2.

@ MissUK - I actually have an Xperia S (which I really like) but I did consider swapping to One X, as it such an amazing device, which IMHO is let down by being too ambitious with screen real estate.

The problem is, although the One S is a really nice device, the screen (Pentile) really lets it down.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-12 20:19
Further to my above thread I had a chance to play with freinds One X rather than a "tethered" one the shop. Maybe I could just about live with the size and it didn't seem to bad if you adjust you grip slightly.

Would have preferred a 4.3 screen thou.

Stand by my comment that this is a beautiful device.
SKIBBE
Xperia Arc Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-19 10:20
Btw i have my One X now had it for like a day, but my sim is not yet activaded so i am just using wlan.

2 annoying things that i have came across

*the 3 dot menu for non ICS apps.. it's just in the way ALL the time (i think i will go custom rom soon, there is a mod for that then)

*campera-app it only has one Shutter button on screen, NO hardware, and no press screen to take photo, making "selfpics" like almost imposible to take... yeah i take a few of thouse one option is the self timer 2sec/10sec but that is just a hazzle..
History
t20e > t68i(t68 f/w) > t610i > k700i > W900i > W960i > x10i > Current: Misty Silver Arc
Killmaster9
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 12:18
Finally you got it

Didn't you know it missed a shutter button?? I don't care about that myself Insted i'm happy of how fast it is

Overall the phone is awsome Battery time is much better than I hoped for [addsig]
milanelo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 12:52

On 2012-04-19 10:20:53, SKIBBE wrote:

*the 3 dot menu for non ICS apps.. it's just in the way ALL the time (i think i will go custom rom soon, there is a mod for that then)

The 1.28 update fixes the "3 dot menu". The update should be available if your 1X is unbranded.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 13:14
http://www.wpcentral.com/noki[....]-htc-one-x-html5-speed-reading
See this
Phone?? What phone??
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 15:24
But the Titan II beat the 900.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 21:06
Yes true
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi