Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Author Xperia U discussion thread
LegendofCoop
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-04 12:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-11-04 03:37:29, Arne Anka wrote:

The total amount is 8 GB, but only 4 GB is at your disposal to be used in whatever way you want. The rest is reserved (2 GB for the system and 2 GB for other phone stuff).

ICS was released by Sony a couple of weeks ago, so if it is shipped with 2.3 from store you should be able to update it your self to ICS.

Brilliant, thanks for clearing that up! Thinking about it overnight, I think I will go for the U. I'm upgrading from a BB 8520, so this should be a big jump in quality!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-04 14:26
Well,I loved the Xperia U but my vibrate stopped working and I just changed phone as usual. Plus it was locked with some Three branding. You can now get the Xperia U for £109 @ Virgin Mobile UK,and £129 @ Phones4U which has just gone back up in price from £116. At Phones4U you can also get it in white. The lack of storage is a pain but you can have say a gigs worth of music on it and the rest for pics and apps. Camera is very good but video recording is a bit blocky. Build design,battery all good,screen is so sharp and clear too. Speed is pretty good and probably better now under ICS. I wouldn't mind having one again as a spare phone. @LegendofCoop,the Lumia 610 is crap it's a low end Windows phone with limited ram and I really wish Nokia wouldn't release such crap when many low end phones now have at least 512 ram anyway. You won't be able to use a certain number of apps coz of the low ram. Shame really as it's a nice phone otherwise,plus has only 800mhz speed but that's not much of a bother on Windows phone due to it's smooth slick UI. The Xperia U is a bargain dual core phone. It has 8 gig but it shows I think as 4 gig available due to 2 gig soace for the OS and the rest for apps etc if I'm wrong correct me.

One other new nice looking Xperia is the Xperia J but it's got a single core S1 very slow laggy processor which I have had a play with. That is another shame as it's a gorgeous phone.

Nokia Lumia 800 White
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-04 13:38 ]
LegendofCoop
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-11-04 15:56

On 2012-11-04 14:26:00, Bonovox wrote:
Well,I loved the Xperia U but my vibrate stopped working and I just changed phone as usual. Plus it was locked with some Three branding. You can now get the Xperia U for £109 @ Virgin Mobile UK,and £129 @ Phones4U which has just gone back up in price from £116.

Very much appreciated mate. I really wanted someone to say avoid the Nokia!! I did notice the low RAM on the Nokia....v strange!! I just wasn't sure how the two compared!

As I mentioned, I can get the phone from Virgin for £7.50 for 6 months then rising to £15 for the last 18mths. I'd prefer a contract as topping up is a pain, and I'd certainly use more than the £15 a month in text/calls each month! Also, the free insurance is a clincher for me! You can also get it in white at Virgin for the same price, but black will do me just fine!

Once again, thanks for the help!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-11-04 16:04
Hmm,well yes avoid THAT Nokia but the others like the Lumia 800 which I have now that's miles better even the 710 has same specs except camera and doesn't have the uni body design. Lumia 800 is now £159 @ Phones4U it is better than the Xperia U. If you can stretch to get the U on Virgin pay as you go they now do unlimited data and texts for £15 top and keep your credit too

Nokia Lumia 800 White
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-11-04 15:09 ]
bahraini
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-11 23:04
so weird
am still waiting to get my ICS update
how long since it was released
a month
mine is middle east version
so how long more shall i wait?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-12 08:50
@bahraini,

سلام عليكم

It takes some times to get updates for ME, If you use the English interface like me you can get much faster updates you can install a global or uk based ROM, you'll get everything you want and will not miss anything... but this is not an option if you prefer Arabic interface...
bahraini
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-12 10:05
@Xajel

وعليكم السلام

i know it takes some time to reach our region, but it never took that time
with SE ??
usually it used to take one week, and rarely 2 weeks
not a month and still waiting ???

all roms are identical , only some preinstalled apps are different

anyway , how to get the UK rom?
i hope i dont have to unlock the boot loader as i want to get
other updates in the future?
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-11-12 10:24
@bahraini,

With my arc it took longer about 1 month or a little more...

the only different the ME ROM is different AFAIK is the availability of Arabic user interface, the Arabic User interface is not available in any other ROM, but almost most other ROM's support Arabic keyboard including UK and global one...

You don't need to unlock the boat loader as this is the official stock rom with the official kernal, you can just download the ROM ( I prefer UK ROM over Global as updates are quicker also ).. and use a software ( Flash Tools ) and then flash it... then the phone will download all the apps... in Flash Tools there's an option to clear or keep apps data you have to make sure of it in case you want to keep your applications data...
bahraini
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-11-12 10:56
thanx bro

i think ill wait another couple of days
of nothing happened
ill flash to other rooms
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-11-12 21:45
ICS became available for my U today. All seems ok and looks a bit batter than GB was.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-03 17:04
Jelly Bean for U on the way: http://www.techradar.com/news[....]bean-update-on-its-way-1116810
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-03 20:24
Hope it'll be for the P soon too
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-12-09 19:05
New app called U Disco for the light strip

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/12/09/u-disco-brings-the-party-to-your-xperia-u-and-xperia-p/#more-11237
Phone?? What phone??
gayannr
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2013-01-07 06:39
Guys! Bought an Xperia U for wifey, she absolutely loves it. One problem! The proximity sensor is not working sometimes as it should during calls, Have any of you faced this issue ?
[ This Message was edited by: gayannr on 2013-01-07 05:40 ]
alenn
Nokia N900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-05-21 09:34
I'm thinking about getting the U because the P is a bit too expensive.
I started to play Minecraft on the PC and am wondering about the game performance on the U.
Has anyone played Pocket Edition?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic