Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Sony Mobile launching a new web site

Previous  123  Next
Author Sony Mobile launching a new web site
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 21:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
fair enough... stop trying to be sad!

getting to the point... exactly was was Sonys input into and what was Ericssons such that you can now consider Ericsson really gone?

what is it about the joint venture that Ericsson brought to the party that makes you "sad" that Sony has now taken over fully?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 21:31
You only asking that cos you never really liked Ericsson as much as Sony. And no I won't answer that question cos this will just go on & on
Phone?? What phone??
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 21:32
Well it depends what you mean, yes there brand is no longer on mobiles, but their input very much is. It's the same Sony/Ericsson team who now work for Sony mobile, and Sony will be cross licensing Ericsson patients, so they will live on in a way...

Plus I doubt the cash injection Sony has given Ericsson will see them collapse any time soon
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 21:40
thanks adsada, it was a genuine question as I couldn't understand why Bono was sad when things are as you say, although control has clearly changed hands, but I wonder by how much in the short term...

(btw, I think you mean "patents" )
jack00
T650 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 21:41

On 2012-02-22 21:32:53, adsada wrote:
Plus I doubt the cash injection Sony has given Ericsson will see them collapse any time soon

go to wired.com, they are blowing it out of the window
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 22:18
haha, well they've been cross licensing Ericsson patients for the last 10 years...

and what am I mean to be seeing on wired.com?
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2012-02-22 21:18 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 22:41
I'm sure Ericsson had plenty of input.

It was Sony's design and marketing coupled with Ericsson's wireless know-how that was supposed to be the magic formula, not that the JV didn't have a wildly successful few years (K750i, K800i).

They just failed to predict the popularity of the iPhone. But all they had to run with was Symbian based and I'm guessing that it could never have been a match for iOS, in what ever guise (UIQ).
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-02-22 23:05
website looks Good easy to explore and find some techy info
the Xperia S looks a nice eyecatcher on the homepage too

Im still not like the sony Logo though shame they couldn't
of stayed with the way it was written on Sony Ericsson!

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 00:59
Just been on it & it looks fresh & clean. I wonder how updates via PC will be done now?? Will we see a new update service??
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 01:23
I can't imagine that the update service will change that much as the technology is fairly proven.

in which way is it fresh and clean when to me it looks fairly much like the standard Sony site layout into which it has been incorporated, which would be pretty much as expected and which has been around for quite a while...

Sony are definitly making the brand their own!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 02:00
Well that's a little obvious they are making it their own. I mean it just looks more clean & clutter free compared to the previous site. For the update service I mean maybe Sony will start using their own software when updating via a pc. Currently it's still Sony Ericsson Update service or Sony Ericsson PC Companion that is used.
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 02:13
I guess when your site is focussing on a single phone model, it would appear clean and clutter free on that particular page.

but, agreed (re: update service). Sony have not taken over in full yet in regards to software offerings, and as a developer I can say that its easy to change the GUI to make the same underlying technology appear totally different to the user.

GUI (i.e client side) is just the "prettyness" that the user sees whereas the underlying technology (i.e. server side) is what the user doesn't care about and which really makes the difference as this is where the functionality really is.

I'd suggest Sony buyers should expect a new "prettyness" at some point that will probably work just as the old updates have done. No need to reinvent the wheel.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 02:22
Am not on about re inventing the whole thing. Was just saying it still says Sony Ericsson on it. And I was wondering what Sony may do either bring out now software for updating or just keep the same but just with Sony on it. Stop over exaggerating my posts.
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 02:37
I think my point was that I don't expect much to change in that regard. Indeed I wouldn't expect any deliverables to change quickly given they have only had a couple of months since initial announcement and less than a week since completion.

You seem a bit edgy today, as noticed by someone elsewhere. No need to take my posts personally as you seem to be... this is a discussion forum after all!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-23 02:51
No not edgy at all. In pain but not edgy
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi