Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia Releases A Video Teaser 808 PureView !

Previous  1234  Next
Author Nokia Releases A Video Teaser 808 PureView !
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 01:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nokia 808 PureView Technichal Specifications For Digital Camera:

■ Carl Zeiss Optics Vario Tessar ( 5 elements And 1 Group All Lens Surfaces Are Aspherical - One High Index - Low Dispersion Glass Mould Lens With Neutral Density Filter)
• Mechanical Shutter
■ Focal Length: 8.02 mm (Focal Length: 26mm 16:9 | 28mm 4:3)
■ F-Number: f/2.4 F-número: f/2.4
■ Focus Range: 15cm – Infinity
■ Optical format: 1/1.2” Formato óptico: 1/1.2 "
■ Total number of pixels: 7728 x 5368 Número total de pixels: 7728 x 5368
■ Pixel Size: 1.4um

Now I ask Sony Fans...

Really Sony innovates in the item picture ?

Xperia S is actually camerafone year ?

For the love of god stop being stupid and bigoted and adhere to the reality of events in the world of make believe Xperia S has the best digital camera and camcorder !

In the real world he is humiliated in terms of quality photographic and video by the "old king" Nokia NSeries N8, perhaps compared to 808 PureView ... He simply does not exist !

Finally see the chart on the size of image sensors integrated into mobile phones and digital cameras and see which is the level Pureview!

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Die of envy such as Sony technology, Apple, Samsung, would never have courage, courage, and especially the ability to launch!

So Simple !!!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 01:31
If it's such a stupid forum then go elsewhere you cannot force someone to like something just cos you do
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 01:34
Now now, lets be nice to each other. He can't help it

(joke!)
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2012-02-28 00:42 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 01:37
Nokia cannot survive on making just great cameras. As far as I read this will be the last Symbian device. Also this forum now is for all manufacturers and it had been for a long time. You will just find more Sony fans here than any other. Lets keep it clean. In Barcelona Nokia had not really innovated they have released a couple of new cheap low ram Windows phones, a cheap Asha handset and the Pureview. I don't see that as massive innovation except for the camera. And I don't understand your posts when you keep referring to HE. Who is he?? Guarulhos

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-02-28 00:44 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 01:47
I read a survey a few months ago which made out that for most people the OS choice is growing in importance, with the choice of manufacturer becoming less so.

These days it's a battle of ecosystems, rather than a good, old-fashioned Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson online knock-down drag out fight.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 02:00
Yes. Symbian Belle is a massive improvement but it's never still going to compete with the rest.
Phone?? What phone??
9_Destiny
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-28 02:53
I regret I didn't tell you about this 42 Mpix earlier. I knew that at the end of the January from Nokia worker.

Anyway I saw couple of videos in you tube and I've nothiced some interesting informations.

ISO from Pure View 808 is between 50 - 2600 value. That's really nice. Especially 50 ISO. I hope that user will be able to chose ISO values by himself (N9) instead only from low,normall and high (N8)

I also saw Bracketing and Interval mode! And that's the hottest news form me from whle the camera specification cos I already got couple of ideas how to use that modes to create an unusual pics.

false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 05:00
That's no doubt another big innovation from Nokia and a milestone in the world of photography!
The compact cameras segment that is.

Nokia just found a way to deliver 3x lossless zoom in stills, and 4x lossless zoom in HD video without having to resort to optics and zoom lenses!
Not only that, zoomed out at 5MP, with their oversampling technique they found a way to up the IQ at all ends with a significant margin compared to even current high-end compacts! Current smartphones are simply smoked out of the equation by this!
And some are maybe missing the ability of the Nokia 808 to capture and output stereo sound in almost CD quality! No consumer device can do this in the whole world right now I believe!!

I could go into full details, but I'll leave with this white paper written by by Juha Alakarhu, Damian Dinning, and Eero Salmelin "on behalf of many dedicated Nokia imaging experts": PureView Imaging Technology

10 small slides, a quick read. Anyone who's interested in photography, cameraphones, and wanna comment on Nokia's PureView technology, should read this first. (Yes, I'm talking to you norbi_nw )
Focus on the section in slide 6: Quality, not Quantity. And the sections following it directly!!

To me, if Nokia aren't porting this technology to Lumias in few months, then I'll have to get this one and use it simply as my compact camera and secondary phone.

I'll leave you with three quotes from that white paper:
"People will inevitably home in on the number of pixels the Nokia 808 PureView packs, but they’re missing the point. The ‘big deal’ is how they’re used."
"While others jump in, banking on pixel numbers instead of performance, we prefer to skip early iterations." (happened with the N86 and N8!)
"With PureView we’re continuing to make choices focused on performance rather than pixels for pixels’ sake. Fewer but better pixels can provide not just better image and video quality, but better overall user experience
and system capability."
[ This Message was edited by: false_morel on 2012-02-28 04:04 ]
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-28 06:43

On 2012-02-28 01:31:00, Bonovox wrote:
If it's such a stupid forum then go elsewhere you cannot force someone to like something just cos you do

Don't feed the trolls; especially at night. If you do past midnight they become Gremlins lol.

All joking aside this camera is incredible innovation! However since its Ina phone it greatness is heavily marred by the is chosen and design. Phone is used first amongst 80% of phone/smartphone users across the world; cameras are next.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
titus1
C901 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-28 06:56
There was a time when I was crazy about camera on a phone (C905, C901, N95 8G, N86, N8, Pixon12). For me then, it was the be-all and end-all when getting a phone.

But not anymore...

Now, it's about the OS and how they work and works for me. The ecosystem, applications, group of people (devs) that supports my device. Yup, things have change.

Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 12:12

On 2012-02-28 01:15:26, Guarulhos wrote:
Nokia 808 PureView Technichal Specifications For Digital Camera:

■ Carl Zeiss Optics Vario Tessar ( 5 elements And 1 Group All Lens Surfaces Are Aspherical - One High Index - Low Dispersion Glass Mould Lens With Neutral Density Filter)
• Mechanical Shutter
■ Focal Length: 8.02 mm (Focal Length: 26mm 16:9 | 28mm 4:3)
■ F-Number: f/2.4 F-número: f/2.4
■ Focus Range: 15cm – Infinity
■ Optical format: 1/1.2” Formato óptico: 1/1.2 "
■ Total number of pixels: 7728 x 5368 Número total de pixels: 7728 x 5368
■ Pixel Size: 1.4um

Now I ask Sony Fans...

Really Sony innovates in the item picture ?

Xperia S is actually camerafone year ?

For the love of god stop being stupid and bigoted and adhere to the reality of events in the world of make believe Xperia S has the best digital camera and camcorder !

In the real world he is humiliated in terms of quality photographic and video by the "old king" Nokia NSeries N8, perhaps compared to 808 PureView ... He simply does not exist !

Finally see the chart on the size of image sensors integrated into mobile phones and digital cameras and see which is the level Pureview!

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Die of envy such as Sony technology, Apple, Samsung, would never have courage, courage, and especially the ability to launch!

So Simple !!!

Huh? who is 'He'?

Anyway, nobody has denied that the 808 PureView brings a great camera, it truely is innovative, we know.
Unfortunetly in this day and age the Camera isnt the only part most look at when getting a smartphone, the:
OS
Ease of use
Applications/Games
Support
Hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, Display, Battery, build materials used etc...)
Are amongst the things many look at and the 808PureView falls short in most of those.

Doubt anyone will die of envy over the 808, nice phone though but id rather get a One X or Xperia S, they seem more up to date in many other ways, for me and many others the 808 would be a downgrade from our current phones.
Glad to see Nokia building great cameras again though, good on them.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2012-02-28 11:14 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11†2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 12:16
Interestingly on GSM Arena only yesterday the popularity of this device was already at 94%. I think Nokia are the only manufacturer working closely with real photography manufacturers.
Phone?? What phone??
Vincent5
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-02-28 21:47
Hi friends, Nokia is going to rock the world in mobile phone photography because there are lots of mobile phone are available in the market which has high pixel density. So nokia has taken a big step in mobile phone photography to beat their competitors. And nokia announced their 808 pureview phone with 41 MP camera which will really going to beat their customer. If you want to watch teaser and want to some more information so check this Video. Please post some unique information about this mobile phone because I am eagerly waiting for this mobile phone.
[ This Message was edited by: Vincent5 on 2012-02-28 20:48 ]
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-03-01 09:04
http://www.gsmarena.com/d_din[....]rview_nokia_808-review-728.php

interview with damian dinning on Nokia 808 pureview.

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia[....]ew_device_at_mwc-news-3919.php

best new device at mwc 2012.
[ This Message was edited by: exaflare23 on 2012-03-01 13:28 ]
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-05 08:08
think this phone is absolute over-rated (yeh really)

41m.p camera.......sure, thats nice & cool.

BUT, the design ?? Symbian ??...........................no thanks.

if you want a really good camera........buy a real one. (its anyway ten times better then any cellphone)
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi