Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > EU approves Sony buying Ericsson's half of Sony Ericsson

Author EU approves Sony buying Ericsson's half of Sony Ericsson
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 01:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This Friday the European Commission approved the buyout of Ericsson by Sony from Sony Ericsson. The previously 50%-50% joint-venture is now fully owned by Sony.

Sony Ericsson without Ericsson. Sony to buy out Ericsson

Esato News

goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 04:22
End of an Era!.

And the beginning of a new era at ESATO?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 04:47
Finally !!!
I'm sure all here would agree that this move was for the better.

Anyways, GO SONY!!!!

P.S. Admins can we at least now have the SONY logo smiley ???????
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 04:57
So Esato would become SATO now?
10 years at Esato
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 07:44
Good luck to SONY for the future.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
shafiq04162
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 14:03
actually sony ericsson has made loss bcz of the workers and policies maker. there are two possibilities of this. either they have taken workers who are not efficiet or there were internal trators who dont wanted the joint partnership to go on to give long term benifit to one of the two companies. initially sony ericsson has made sets that have almost all qualities or more than the sets of other companies in compitition with it. but then suddenly they started quality difficient sets. for eg no sets among k series have wifi. all the sets of walkman has poor quality camera. g series has poor processor speed. satio has battry timig issue. its really hard to beleive a big set like this will have bst 33 battery.
now after the end of the joint venture sony has made another stupid thing that they are going to end the traditional sets like w995 k850. elm. means all such type of sets will be no more manufactured. but here they dont think that since 10 years they have made a lot of comusters and they are very familier with this old operating system. i am waiting for sony ericsson mobile which is straight like w810 or k850 having 8 megapixil camera. buts its now three years waiting and my lost hope ended when sony has announce that they are ending the sets like this.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 14:08
^
It does not make good business sense for Sony to invest in making feature phones at this point when its all about smartphones. More and more people are moving on to smartphones and they have done the right thing by discontinuing all feature phones.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 14:15
Looking forward to Sony future. I re bought the Ray cos it's one of the last with Ericsson and now the best imo. Never liked it first time but the bugs seem to be ironed out anyway
Phone?? What phone??
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-01-28 15:49

On 2012-01-28 04:57:28, razec wrote:
So Esato would become SATO now?

ditto
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-28 21:36
excellent news!!! I'm ready for my Sony Xperia S - and will be using it for corporate use and testing. Xperia S will be the initial ambassador and along with the PS Vita launch soon in the US, I'd like to see Sony pushing media availability for ALL regions not just asian/euro markets.

PS: Xperia S just got FCC approval for AT&T so its super news for this acquisition approval and deployment of the first model for the lineup.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi