Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > All about Cameraphones - News , Future , Discussion

Previous  123  Next
Author All about Cameraphones - News , Future , Discussion
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-16 21:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My point is, that if this thread is to list the landmarks in the photo capability of mobiles, then it would make sense to put the arc instead as this came first and was first use to the Sony sensor with low light capabilities branded 'Exmor-r'. Although now other phones are using this sensor they aren't labelling it as that sony trademarked name, iPhone call it 'backside illumination sensor' and HTC will no doubt come up for it for their titan 2...
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-01-16 21:49
I'm sure that the Titan II will be not high-quality image - sensor is very small 1/2.8" for 16mp. Also 16mp require high-quality optics and good software post-processing. WM is very young for that
[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2012-01-16 21:01 ]
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-01-17 03:34

On 2012-01-16 21:49:54, Sassho wrote:
I'm sure that the Titan II will be not high-quality image - sensor is very small 1/2.8" for 16mp. Also 16mp require high-quality optics and good software post-processing. WM is very young for that
[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2012-01-16 21:01 ]

Good point.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-01-17 03:42

On 2012-01-16 20:46:02, Bonovox wrote:
Why?? It completely loses all the point of something portable

im sure i saw this on The Gadget Show a while back can't meam what it got
for marks but im sure they were happy with the performance

I need to start using my Camera on my iPhone
I really don't use it cos it does to much I play with already

Camera is good fun though on it theres various apps for editing which are good like Snapseed
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-01-17 04:30
I really do think that silly accessory for the iphone is a gimmick. Personally if you want a great camera to take awesome photos then get a DSLR and dont rely on a phone to produce outstanding images.

Again the N8 is the closet to a digital camera, iphone 4s is good but again the N8 trumps it in every way in terms of night shots and quality. Also the SE Arc beats the 4s in some cases so really the 4s isnt that much of a fantastic camera phone Apple claim it to be.

I agree with Asada, Sony did bring the exmor out and what im happy about is that they are creaming the money from Apple, HTC etc for lenses so really just watch this space as they are cleverly doing this to bring their brand back up to where it belongs at the top!

Happy 2012 Sony, do us proud and bring out them awesome camera phones you used to make!
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-01-17 05:18
N8 is the Best cameraphone if your lucky with optics and understand of the camera settings. Iphone 4S dоes't need from this. All SE / Sony phones have a strong noise reduction and blurry detail - with same Exmor R sensor Iphone 4 / 4S has most better detail and quality. Look samples here
http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]3&model=iPhone%204S&make=Apple
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-01-17 22:06
@Sassho

I disagree with your iphone 4s point, the arc still provides excellent night photos and detail and throws in awesome panoramic which the iphone will never have until the 5 if they do something with that! I think its down to the settings you adjust to but when you get the settings right they are identical.

heres a selection to prove my point.

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?uid=215348

http://www.esato.com/phonephotos/index.php?uid=199814

and some better samples with the arc s.......

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]make=Sony+Ericsson&model=LT18i

If you have also noticed a lot of SE's are top rated photos so please tell me why iphone isnt up there as top rated??? i rest my case.
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 07:03
Look is the Best sample by SE Arc S

....and the Best sample by Iphone 4S

Differences are evident - ArcS - good colors, strong noise reduction , poor detail , little 1.6mb file size
4S image quality is crisper and more detailed ,better color reproduction, 3.5mb file size .
Iphone 4S is the only real alternative to the Nokia N8 as photo-design phone. Maybe the new Xperia S will shot better - we will see
[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2012-01-18 06:06 ]
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-01-18 22:32
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]t-iphone-4s-versus-xperia-arc/

I think this is the best comparison to be honest... .that russian website says nothing about what brand it is.

of course some photos are better on the 4s than the arc but this shows it better than what you previously shown me.

arc just edges it a little i think but yeah bring on the new Sony's this year!

io_bg
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 13:18
It's true the iPhone 4S delivers a slightly better picture quality but it's nothing to worry about. Also having in mind that the 4S doesn't have a shutter button and has only a few options, the Arc is better IMO.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 09:53
There were so many inconsistencies with the list that I would like to correct

first 4S is not the best 8mp with regards to image quality, it's the Samsung Innov8 (higher depth of field, sharper macros) and alot of people had forgotten Pixon12 and Satio which produces way better detail in general than any of the 8mp camera phones available today

also N93 was not the first optical zoom camera, it's Sharp 902SH this phone beats K750 hands down in image quality

T610 was not SE's answer to 7650, It's the P800 (VGA) which came earlier than the the CIF phone

K700 was one of the first models to feature an LED flash, Nokia answered them a year later with 6680, but Samsung beat them with X600 which came approximately year earlier

7610 has 1MP camera, and it's the worst 1MP cameraphone in image quality (Believe it or not K700 trashes this cameraphone even if it's just VGA)

Samsung D600 was not the flagship camera phone to compete with K750/N90 - also Samsung already had a 3mp P850 cameraphone during that year

Why was Samsung so underrated in that list when they almost obliterated the cameraphone competition by coming up with tech features that were not yet seen with Nokia/SE during those times?

what do you mean by diaphragm? or do you mean aperture? because N86-8MP has variable aperture, also you forget that it was launch a year after the C905/Innov8/Renoir and was launched alongside the superior cameraphones Satio/Pixon12 (which also features variable aperture)

OmniaHD was the first mass market cameraphone with 720p HD video recording

Satio had all the features you listed on Pixon12 except the variable aperture, and produces superior video quality

the first 16MP cameraphone were S006 and S007 by Sony Ericsson. I included this since you mentioned the exotic korean-exclusive phones from Samsung
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-01-20 09:06 ]
10 years at Esato
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 12:47
I don't think the 4S is any much better than anything else really. Not saying that cos it's Apple I have seen many phones with cameras with similar quality as the 4S if not better. My point is that sometimes it's who is taking the photos too. For example many people said the Nokia Lumia(not being biased cos I have one) has a poor camera. It does not. I have taken so far many crisp sharp shots with decent detail like the anything else. You can make good photos out of a relatively average camera you just gotta know how to make the best of it. Even on a dull day the Lumia is decent

Original

Original

Original
Even the indoor shot I did here came out sharp it only falls down on night shots a little. I have owned many camera phones & seen people take dreadful photos with what I seen as an excellent camera. It is alot of the time who is behind that lens Disagree with me if you want but many people will agree. Oh & that 4S shot has left hand lens blurring
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-20 11:49 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-01-21 08:06
@razek - I made a summary list of the most popular phones in the world. Exotic korean and japanese phones do not interest us. Innov8 is very old phone with a not good optics ,sensor and color reproduction. Omnia HD is better, Iphone 4S with good optics, BSI sensor and natural color reprodustion is even better
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-01-22 08:19
More info and specs about Polaroid SC1630 ( Kodak Android HD)
http://www.esato.com/news/pol[....]camera-powered-by-android-2206

16 megapixel camera
3x optical zoom. 36 mm - 108mm
3.2 inch touchscreen display
Wi-Fi
Face and smile detection
Geo-tagging
Red-eye removal
Resizing
Colour correction
microSD card slot. Up to 32 GB
HD Video capture
Focal length: 3.1 - 5.6

razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-24 08:13

On 2012-01-21 08:06:22, Sassho wrote:
Exotic korean and japanese phones do not interest us.

You were the ones who brought the korean exotics on your post mate, that's why i decided to include S6607/S007

Innov8 is very old phone with a not good optics ,sensor and color reproduction. Omnia HD is better, Iphone 4S with good optics, BSI sensor and natural color reprodustion is even better

I beg to disagree, Innov8 had NO lens abberations at all, same goes for noise and colour reproduction. and has high depth of field due to it's 35mm angle and F2.6 aperture. plus its sensor is still larger than Iphone 4S, giving it more dynamic range and sensitivity. The Back illumination sensor design for phones are nothing but gimmick to be very honest. ever wondered why even the best Sony compact digicam could never beat a cheap and basic Canon digicam with CCD in per pixel image quality?

Also OmniaHD is just as good if not worse than Innov8, Just because it's got 720p (which is basically a gimmick at that time) on its feature list doesn't make it a better camera phone. read this
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-01-24 07:17 ]
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi