Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple ends China iPhone store sales after launch issues

123  Next
Author Apple ends China iPhone store sales after launch issues
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 12:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
BBC article

Apple has said it will halt the sale of all iPhone models from its stores in China, after large crowds disrupted the launch of the iPhone 4S.

An Apple store, in the Sanlitun area of Beijing, did not open on Friday after a large crowd gathered outside in anticipation of the launch.

The crowd became unruly, throwing eggs. Scuffles broke out with police.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 13:04
Oh i read about this in the BBC News website first thing this morning. What a society the world has turned into when people fight over these things like they did on Boxing day London. And also recently in America its going crazy. Next there will be a war over gadgets
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 13:06
it was the same recently in China with the Meizu launch too

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 13:10
The Chinese are crazy though if that was Japan they would form an orderly Q. What is the Meizu?? PS gotta dash am at work

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-13 12:16 ]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 17:27
Hi bonovox!

This is Meizu

I will visit next May!

Ofiaich

esato since Nov, 12, 2001
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 20:56
Ah the fake iphone
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-13 22:34
That's my local Apple store, where I go in to laugh at the people to claim to be a genius.

It also the same store where the local news reported a an Apple employee removed queue jumpers from the launch of the iPad2 as 'White Apple employee beats up 4 Chinese guys (emphasis on race)' and showed video phone with two women saying "Did you see the white beat up the Chinese guys?? Why have they shut the store? They should let us go in and find and beat up that white guy!".

The Chinese love the Apple goods. Most people assume if you spend more than a certain amount of money you buy an iPhone because the other options simply aren't as good or there are no other options. It's really astounding the level of brand mind washing is present.

Sorry for the longish post, I can talk for hours about this. It's one thing that really gets my goat living in China.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Run_dawn10
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-01-13 23:07
Actually, some of them were scalpers which are only buying the phones to resell them for a higher price.
Nokia 6070 (2006-2009), K550 (second hand 2009-2010), Hazel (J20i) (2010-2011), Samsung Galaxy S II (2011-2012), Samsung Galaxy S III (2012-2014), Sony Xperia Z3 (2014-)
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-14 00:05
Personally I think it's sad scrambling for a phone It's as if their lives depend on it.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-01-13 23:06 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-01-14 00:08
so weird, i was watching Bloomberg West last nite and they were there a few hours before the store was meant to open, and there was piece and excitement...wake up this morning, tune in to The Pulse on Bloomberg and that same store has now got egg stains, and people are fighting, i just laughed.

Hope Apple employees didnt disturb Tim Cook with this meaningless news, he's got $380million in stock to count...the lucky rich bastard. Its good to be Apple, Steve Ballmer could only wish the same happens when AT&T launch the Titan2 and Lumia900
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2012-01-14 00:08
How come the 4S has only launched now its been available since late october?
lol another thing "Designed by Apple California made in China" only now sold to unhappy punters
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-14 00:24
Steve Jobs will be either laughing in his grave or rolling his eyes
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-14 07:55
@Bonovox

Many would see this as a vital component to their life's success potential. It is sad but image is absolutely everything in China. People will open doors for you if they think you or your family or your company has a bit of money.

This leads to people buying Apple products because they symbolise a certain class of people with a certain amount of money and are "the best products you can buy" and owning an Apple product projects this image.

General Chinese mentality:
iPhone/iPad/Macbook Pro/Air = richer person = richer connections = richer prospects = more opportunities

And in China the ones who get the best opportunities don't just become rich but super rich.

Why does money mean so much? Because China is one of the places where if you have money you can buy your way in and out of the law easily and pretty openly and everyone knows it.

It is incredibly sad that the mentality is like that but it is nonetheless.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-14 08:23
Yes mate i see your point but whatever status people have or whatever you want in life why can't people act like civilised people?? Its just a phone at the end of the day. Yeah i know its more than a phone as such but i see it as childish behaviour just to get a gadget. I wouldn' t mind the iphone is hardly revolutionary or anything exciting. The type of materialistic world we have become shooting or stabbing each other over items in stores is very sad. I would sooner rather go on a holiday
Phone?? What phone??
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-14 09:58

On 2012-01-14 08:23:00, Bonovox wrote:
Yes mate i see your point but whatever status people have or whatever you want in life why can't people act like civilised people?? Its just a phone at the end of the day. Yeah i know its more than a phone as such but i see it as childish behaviour just to get a gadget. I wouldn' t mind the iphone is hardly revolutionary or anything exciting. The type of materialistic world we have become shooting or stabbing each other over items in stores is very sad. I would sooner rather go on a holiday

Welcome to the world in which I live.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi