Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Sony Xperia S thread

Previous  123 ... 136137 138139140  Next
Author Sony Xperia S thread
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-06-01 18:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i hear the Stamina Mode is missing?,is it true?
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2013-06-01 19:50

On 2013-06-01 18:50:35, Ranjith wrote:
i hear the Stamina Mode is missing?,is it true?

When battery goes under 15% you get a msg telling you to activate stamina mode but XS don't have stamina mode. Another way Sony crippled this phone... and it's s#it like this that makes me not wanting to buy a Sony next year when it's time to upgrade.

The lack of support for this flagship is so bad it gives me puke taste in the mouth every time I think of it.

Nowadays the only people I recommend a Sony smart phone to is people I really don´t like.
[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2013-06-01 18:54 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-01 22:42

On 2013-06-01 19:50:22, S4k1s wrote:
When battery goes under 15% you get a msg telling you to activate stamina mode but XS don't have stamina mode. Another way Sony crippled this phone... and it's s#it like this that makes me not wanting to buy a Sony next year when it's time to upgrade.

The lack of support for this flagship is so bad it gives me puke taste in the mouth every time I think of it.

Nowadays the only people I recommend a Sony smart phone to is people I really don´t like.

Wait, wait, so the only thing your S is missing after the JB, compared to Z, is the Stamina mode, and you're crying like little babies?! C'mon, just look at how Sony ruined the 2011 Xperias ( including the Arc S ) after their shitty half-baked ICS update and how such great phones became completely unusable, buggy, laggy... And not only they didn't get the new 2012 UI unlike how S got the 2013 UI, but they got their own great and polished 2011 UI ruined, missed the Walkman, Album, Movies apps, the new widgets and apps and so on... Instead of crying, just look at all the people ( including me ) who got in much worse situation because of Sony's shitty politics! It's Sony, what can you expect! How can I not hate them after they f*cked me in the ass so bad?!
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2013-06-01 21:56 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-01 23:03

On 2013-06-01 22:42:15, mediar wrote:

On 2013-06-01 19:50:22, S4k1s wrote:

Wait, wait, so the only thing your S is missing after the JB, compared to Z, is the Stamina mode, and you're crying like little babies?! C'mon, just look at how Sony ruined the 2011 Xperias ( including the Arc S ) after their shitty half-baked ICS update and how such great phones became completely unusable, buggy, laggy... And not only they didn't get the new 2012 UI unlike how S got the 2013 UI, but they got their own great and polished 2011 UI ruined, missed the Walkman, Album, Movies apps, the new widgets and apps and so on... Instead of crying, just look at all the people ( including me ) who got in much worse situation because of Sony's shitty politics! It's Sony, what can you expect! How can I not hate them after they f*cked me in the ass so bad?!
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2013-06-01 21:56 ]

I think that only shows how Sony is improving, not going backwards. If our JB was even worse feature wise, then it would be an downgrade to SMC. Yes, you got screwed up, but we are far better. Maybe Z can get the same things as the 2014 flagship next year with the Android update?
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-01 23:30

On 2013-06-01 23:03:31, Felimenta97 wrote:

I think that only shows how Sony is improving, not going backwards. If our JB was even worse feature wise, then it would be an downgrade to SMC. Yes, you got screwed up, but we are far better. Maybe Z can get the same things as the 2014 flagship next year with the Android update?

Wow, such an improvement, 's Arc was running flawlessly GB with 's custom skin less than 2 months after GB's announcement, while Sony finally managed to release its 4.1 update 12 months after 4.1's official announcement... I can see Sony getting better and better...
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2013-06-01 23:39
@mediar, no its not the only thing missing. I had to go through 3 handsets because a faulty yellow screen. I got a ICS "upgrade" that literally f#cked up my phone. Who cares about how the UI looks when your dual core 1,5GHz phone can't even play mp3s without stuttering or hold on to a wifi or 3g network or close a call the right way or stutter in the UI like it's running @ 2 frames per second or take ages to reload the home screen totally random?? Then I had to wait for JB for almost a year, more then 8 months longer than say HTC One X which I dissed for the XS... For me the XS has been the far worst handset experience ever.

The Arc was a pearl when released but it also got a really bad SW treatment and things like these make me not trusting SONY anymore in this department. I am really curious to see how the XZ is treated 12-15 months from now.

Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-02 00:08

On 2013-06-01 23:30:11, mediar wrote:

On 2013-06-01 23:03:31, Felimenta97 wrote:

Wow, such an improvement, 's Arc was running flawlessly GB with 's custom skin less than 2 months after GB's announcement, while Sony finally managed to release its 4.1 update 12 months after 4.1's official announcement... I can see Sony getting better and better...

It took time because there was an internal problem. But take in account that:

Arc: GB -> ICS
Good -> Bad
S: ICS -> JB
Bad -> Good

See?

To @S4k1s: Really? The ICS wasn't that good, I agree, but did you tried tweaking it a bit? Or changing some stuff? Or even the JB? It runs almost without problems. One problem here and there, yes, no person/company is perfect, we all know that (if you don't, are you sure you live on Planet Earth?)

I had no problems whatsoever with WiFi, calls, or 3G data.

I waited a lot for JB. While I couldn't get, I researched, I managed to make that lag way smaller. If you have a brain, you also could do that. But worthed every single minute waiting for it.

The Yellow Screen wasn't Sony's fault. It was a production one, that happened on the industry. That happens with every company. Remember the first iPhone 4S with the reception problem? It was fixed as fast as they could. That probably wouldn't have happened if they there were Japanese producing it. But it was produced in China, likely, and they aren't that trained to see such problems.

So, yes, Sony isn't doing the very best right now. But they are trying. They are working to fix it.

And, mediar, if you hate so much Sony and what they are doing now, and Samsung/HTC is doing WAY better, why you keep her? Really, what makes someone want to troll a place like that?

Why you don't sell your Neo already and get the f**k off ASAP. You've got nothing to add here, and seems Sony doesn't do things the way YOU like. You are one in a world of 7 billion people. That won't make they change EVERYTHING to please you and you only.
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 00:37
@Felimenta97, if you are born 97, I didn't just have a brain before you were born I was on my third cellphone before you were born and I was a SONY fan for more than 2 decades before you were born...

Even if the JB update is better than the ICS one it's still about 11 months to late. It's not acceptable. After the ICS update the XS had ONE update and that was to fix the battery issue, no other bug fixes!

Also who are you to tell people to sell their phone and get the hell out of here? Some people save for a year to buy that precious phone or thing that they want and it should work as expected. This is not Korea, we are allowed to discuss negative things about our phones here, not only the positive.

Not everyone want to install a custom rom, it has nothing to do with brains. The phone should work adequate without the need of a custom rom, at least the first 12 months of its lifetime!

I payed 550€ for this good looking brick and I expect to get 550€ worth of experience from SONY, not excuses that no one is perfect...

And about the yellow screen not being SYNY's fault, LOL? have you heard the term quality control? It's SONY's responsibility to see to it that a product meets the defined set of quality criteria and the specified requirements as advertised.
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-02 01:54

On 2013-06-02 00:37:30, S4k1s wrote:
@Felimenta97, if you are born 97, I didn't just have a brain before you were born I was on my third cellphone before you were born and I was a SONY fan for more than 2 decades before you were born...

Even if the JB update is better than the ICS one it's still about 11 months to late. It's not acceptable. After the ICS update the XS had ONE update and that was to fix the battery issue, no other bug fixes!

Also who are you to tell people to sell their phone and get the hell out of here? Some people save for a year to buy that precious phone or thing that they want and it should work as expected. This is not Korea, we are allowed to discuss negative things about our phones here, not only the positive.

Not everyone want to install a custom rom, it has nothing to do with brains. The phone should work adequate without the need of a custom rom, at least the first 12 months of its lifetime!

I payed 550€ for this good looking brick and I expect to get 550€ worth of experience from SONY, not excuses that no one is perfect...

And about the yellow screen not being SYNY's fault, LOL? have you heard the term quality control? It's SONY's responsibility to see to it that a product meets the defined set of quality criteria and the specified requirements as advertised.

I was born in 97, so what? LOL

ONE update after ICS? There was .452, .453, .45, .50 and .55. I installed all of them and all I got was perfomance and battery improvements. I didn't any major bug with it. About telling others to buy other phones. Ok, he may not need to buy another phone right now, but I think he doesn't NEED to be there, if all he show is hate to Sony, neither he does have to be here if he have a Sony (Ericsson) phone.

And I never meant to install a custom ROM. If you have money to buy one of these phones, you probably have money to access internet. If you can do that, you can Google for possible fixes for their faults. That's how I learnt everything I know.

You paid such a lot... Well, I paid a bit less, but still. Well, I am happy with my purchase. If you (or anyone else) isn't happy, then I have nothing to do with it.

Only you ready SYNY. There is quality control, yes. But, think: control such a huge mass of phones (or whatever your company is producing) isn't that easy. Maybe the pre production models didn't had that, so they didn't bothered.

EDIT: If I offended, which, sadly, I'm sure I did, it wasn't my intention. But this is my vision. That they are working to get better, and also, know that, if you aren't happy with something, leave as soon as you get your chance. Don't stand still.
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2013-06-02 01:20 ]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 10:47
Ok, after a days usage here is some more info. There seem to be a really nasty battery bug. When I use the phone the battery drops 1%/min (so 1%/min when screen is on)... Also it dropped significantly during the night. This is ridiculous.
[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2013-06-02 09:47 ]
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-06-02 12:25

On 2013-06-02 10:47:20, S4k1s wrote:
Ok, after a days usage here is some more info. There seem to be a really nasty battery bug. When I use the phone the battery drops 1%/min (so 1%/min when screen is on)... Also it dropped significantly during the night. This is ridiculous.

Give it a week for the battery issues to resolve, it was similar with the jb update for T and Go. Overall, expect lower battery life than the previous firmware.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 06:19
Quite a lot of issues being reported. Lack of Data Connection,Wifi etc . A bit worried to upgrade now! :-\\
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 06:50

On 2013-06-02 10:47:20, S4k1s wrote:

Strange. I don't have any such issue, in fact I am running mine at minimum 1 ghz both core - 1.5 ghz
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-06-03 12:10
I'm still waiting for OTA...

Even though I can upgrade by just flashing the ftf, I want to make sure I'll be root'ed, CWM'ed without unlocking the bootloader ( to keep BRAVIA )

DoomLoard is still working on CWM for locked BL... but for those who unlocked, they can enjoy both root and CWM...

but I might go for root only and wait for CWM later...

BTW, to those who updated OTA, will you loose root after that ?
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-06-03 17:09
ha. i never even used "Stamina mode" before. I always had it set to only activate if my battery was below 15%. I think the extended standby is essentially the same thing.. just isn't as customizable as stamina mode was.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 136137 138139140  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic