Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 08:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2013-04-25 08:21:29, smclion102 wrote:

On 2013-04-25 05:12:56, reeflotz wrote:

On 2013-04-24 22:14:51, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Unfortunetly that would mean Sony would have to have XBox in their phones and I'm sure they'd never agree to that, especially with XBox360 pretty much owning Playstation 3 in market share.

The funny part is that going WP may be the best route for Sony as they wouldn't have to worry much about software optimization and updates, two things they truly struggle with, all they will have to do is make a very pretty shell, something they are brilliant at, do some marketing and let MS handle most of everything else.

source please? IGN stated that PS3 already surpassed Xbox360 worldwide shipped total Link and that was way back in January, PS3 had a slow start but gained a lot of momentum after finding ways to make it cheaper and more affordable, it was even praised for it's computing power (230 gflops) that even a modern overclocked intel core i7 (104 glfops) is not even close in terms of raw power.

PS3 vs Xbox360 hardware

Intel i7 gflops

"Xbox360 pretty much owning Playstation 3 in market share" yeah right how credible are you?

on topic:

going WP is one of the worst route for Sony, perfect example is what happened to Nokia, they were at the top back then, now what? A closed OS similar to ios but has less apps and less popular? no thanks, plus it directly contradicts Sony's AOSP program.

I don't even know why I bothered replying to you, you only post negative stuff about Sony, and when something good happens to Sony you still turn them down.

Windows phone is already growing ,Android is a short term success for any company.Look at Samsh*t they are planning to ditch Android with their TIZEN OS,Samsung will be launching a highend Tizen based phone in Q4.Its always good to have our own OS that why you keep seeing people asking for VITA OS.Windows phone has very few apps but the OS is very solid and very smooth.Microsoft's only issue was late to the smartphone race and they are paying for it.But the future belongs to ios,Android and Windows and lately we are seeing Firefox,Tizen,BB,Ubuntu OS.later to this party VITA OS will join.
I dont think Sony wants to make windows phone yet we first need to be no3 in global smartphone race and also no2 in Android race we need to keep our position strong for atleast a year then Sony can think of more options like Vita or windows phone.Xbox app is not an issue there are hardly any core Xbox games its just a app store.To control your Xbox and stuff there is a different app called Xbox Smartglass.
Sony's only goal now is to be No2 in Android and No3 in global market.Which it will attain next year with android and cheap firefox phones.
Windows phone Xbox app is same as Sony Playstation Mobile apps exclusive for games.
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2013-04-25 07:23 ]

no, Samsung are not going to ditch Android for Tizen, atleast not that quickly, that would be utterly stupid. Samsung are smart, chances are they will continue to make Androids, WPs and Tizen phones, for atleast the next 2years, they will then ditch which ever shows no signs of growth. They did this with Symbian, WM, Android and Bada. They made a flagship for each, then dropped the OS with the least growth opportunities: Symbian, then when MS started work on WP, Samsung quickly threw more resources at Android and Bada, so as to stay relevant. They will not just drop Android out of the blue, I have no idea who came up with such a ridiculous rumour, but it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Anyway, back to the topic, I feel bad for Xperia S users, it's been one hell of a wait for this JB update, and to add insult to injury not only will it be late but it will be outdated as it will be 4.1, so I guess 4.2 will not be happening for the XS, Ion, XSL etc...?
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-04-25 08:01 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 09:43
@smclion102,
Samsung will continue supporting android until tizen picks up. Its going to be a slow shift from android as primary OS to Tizen. Alos, Tizen is backed by two of the biggest companies with lots of cash. Windows phone has an identity crisis as I can think of, Its for people who want something as polished as ios but not iphone.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 10:06
Djin

Exactly! +1
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 10:16
Be interesting to see what the world would be like if Android had nit come along. I think X Box is better than PS but i only had that thought in my head about Sony and a WP. It would look good. As for Nokia things are looking up.
Phone?? What phone??
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 10:45
@smclion

I agree with your points that its always good to have your own OS as a backup and that WP is growing. It's just right now I don't see it as a good time for Sony to release a WP, maybe next year will be a good idea but that still depends if by that time WP has grown to be more successful. Agree that they need to be back on top first and that seems to be Sony's concern for now.

@Tsepz_GP

and you missed my point, you stated "Xbox360 pretty much owning Playstation 3 in market share" in which you are incorrect because PS3 had already caught up months ago, and that they weren't that far apart either in the past months. The point is you are saying something you know nothing about and worse it's in an exaggerated way. Get it? The thing is you are giving misinformation that is very far from the truth, yet you most of the time expect other members or even Sony to give correct information, and at the same time I don't get where "Xbox does seem to still have the US market" comes in as we are simply talking about worldwide units shipped

It's just like saying PS3 seems to still have the Japanese market, well of course it does! It's so obvious

I'm clearly setting up straight facts in which I've provided sources to my previous post.

Now about WP

your post:
If you read my post propely you'd see that I did say Sony would rather not go WP BUT it would make sense theoretically due to their struggles with SW optimization and Updates

your own contradicting answer to yourself:
but I'm not saying they should do it, as overall it does not tie in with their strategy.

So what exactly do you mean after contradicting your own post? Might be the reason why I don't get it
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-04-25 09:52 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 11:11
reeflotz

Going by your link The PS3 only NOW, in 2013 has caught up, the Xbox360 had years of sitting in the lead so no,I am not entirely wrong. How big is the Japanese gaming market though? And no, it's not completely obvious, the Japanese maybe loyal to their brands, but Americans do tend to stray, just look at the car industry, Toyota has a huge chunk of the market, sitting at 2nd or 3rd last I checked, and 1st for SUVs and Pick Ups.

I didn't contradict myself at all, I'm saying going with WP would theoretically make sense for Sony in terms of software and Updates, it would take care of this area for them BUT unfortunately going with WP doesn't tie in with the rest of their strategy. From what I'm seeing, Sony want to make a complete Eco system with everything from their smartphones, tablets, TVs, laptops, media players, consoles, all being connected to each other, WP does not tie in well with that. So although WP would help them sort out one area, overall it wouldn't help them achieve their overall goal. I can't simplify it anymore than that, unfortunately.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-04-25 10:19 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 15:32
@Tsepz_GP
I never said samsung will ditch android as soon as they launch Tizen phones,they will in 2 year from now.
Launching a Highend tizen phone in Q4 says lot than just launch a low end tizen phone.Their prototype looked like a iphone
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2013-04-25 18:50
What the hell happen with XPERIA S THREAD!!
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-04-27 22:03

[LT26i][4.1.2]{LEAK} Sony JellyBean Firmware: 6.2.B.0.197 (WORKING)

Hello friends,

so finally we have a version which works almost perfect!

i present to you leaked Sony JellyBean Firmware 6.2.B.0.197 for the Xperia S (LT26i)...

this firmware was ment for developer (brown) devices but i was able to get it to boot on production devices...

[ NOTICE ]

since this is an internal testing firmware, do not expect to see the same features on the official final release... some things could be added while others removed...

[ how to install ]

download the ROM and save it on SDCARD
reboot device into recovery (make sure that the /system partition is unmounted, i have noticed that in some kernels the /system partition remains mounted)
flash the ROMs update.zip (this will take some time)
thats it now reboot device
at first boot device will reboot once after bootanimation thats expected
next boot will take a long time!!!
it might happen that in after some reboots u get a "flashing firmware screen" thats ok.. let it complete... DO NOT DISTURB WHILE THAT PROCESS IS GOING ON!!!
after a few reboots the ROM should stabilize!
enjoy!
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 00:15

zomgbbqftw wrote:
Finally some good news. I have just received a message saying that Lund have built the 4.1.2 update for Xperia S in double quick time (working weekends right now apparently) and it has just gone into final internal testing which is a 2-3 week process after which they will roll out the firmware to the public. My source says that the update has absolutely zero bugs so far and that they are impressed with how quickly it runs and performance is top notch for a 2011 chipset.

Good guys Lundaborna .
[ This Message was edited by: Detox on 2013-04-27 23:16 ]
Phones:
W800i | K800i | K850i | W902 | Xperia S | Xperia Z1 Compact | Xperia Z5 Compact | Xperia XZ1 Compact
Firmwares:
R1AA008 | R1CB001 | R1EA031 | R3EA037 | 6.2.B.1.96 | 14.4.A.0.157 | 32.4.A.1.54 | 47.2.A.11.228
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 11:53
That is 100% correct.

I installed the leaked JB firmware and it is PERFECT. No bugs and the speed and smoothness is astonishing On par with quad core phones of last year in real world usage

AMAZING update !!!

Feels like I just bought a new phone ! - Sony Xperia S +
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-04-28 10:54 ]
Luca-S
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 12:59
Xperia S deserves this update !
Are you nervous?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 15:05
Hallelujah!!!!! It's a miracle the lord has blessed the Sony Xperia S with precious new life!!!! Well,taking their time over it at least they got it right and didn't rush it with bugs. They might be slow but at least they do eventually get it out.
Phone?? What phone??
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2013-04-28 18:59

On 2013-04-28 11:53:59, randomuser wrote:
That is 100% correct.

I installed the leaked JB firmware and it is PERFECT. No bugs and the speed and smoothness is astonishing On par with quad core phones of last year in real world usage

AMAZING update !!!

Feels like I just bought a new phone ! - Sony Xperia S +
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2013-04-28 10:54 ]

Wow amazing update super smooth phone is.Really good solid update,I can keep this phone for another 6 months and buy Sony one
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2013-05-22 19:57
Xperia S jb update is out according to sony website. Anyone got it so far?
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 133134135 ... 138139140  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic