Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-03-12 20:30
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-03-12 20:16:52, xenia wrote:

On 2012-03-12 19:50:51, doministry wrote:
I think battery is much better now.

Great news) Perfect phone?

Seems not sucking much energy on idle anymore.

Perfect phone? Is there any
It's great I think, close to perfect.
I don't want to go back
I have to test more, it's harder and harder to please me.

But it's really superb in almost every way.
a w a r e
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-03-12 21:28
I was looking at the official ICS Beta ROM the weekend on some videos on Youtube, as we know it's slated for the Arc S, Neo and Ray first, but I assume that the S may even get priority over this.

I really hope that this is still on course for the end of March/early April - looking at the improvements over Gingerbread they really are massive and I don't see any reason why Sony can't be pushing this out for the S first, it would make perfect sense.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 04:14

On 2012-03-12 19:58:43, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-03-12 13:59:14, randomuser wrote:
Did anyone read the GSMArena interview with Sony official? The xperia S, U and P were designed by the same guy who designed the Monolithic Sony Bravia.

And people here said the design is from Ericsson

Thats not a fact but only your opinion It was just a metal strip

Sorry ? My opinion ? I posted a fact not my opinion. This is what Nikolaus Scheurer, Sony Mobile’s Director of Marketing and Planning said :

"But the designer for the Xperia NXT series is a former Sony designer, and was actually deeply involved, if not the lead, into creating the monolithic design for the Bravias. Knowing that, you can actually read into this design with much more an understanding. ‘Oh, this follows a certain design style.’

LINK
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-03-13 09:34
Battery is much better, just 2% overnight (about 6 hours).
a w a r e
dfurnell
K750
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 11:53
Anyone had any luck getting a good deal out of Orange UK for the S? Their website says it's free on contracts worth over £36 per month which seems a little excessive.
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 14:27
Have had the phone for just over 24 hours now. I'ts a very nice phone indeed, though with it being slightly bigger and different in design to the Arc it takes a little bit of getting use to, like i have to position the phone in my hand at times to reach the top part of the display so i dont have to use my other hand apart from turning the phone on from sleep mode. Okay, what about those capacitive keys i hear you cry. Well surprisingly i find them rather good. Yes ocassionaly they need a firm press, but on the whole they are more responsive than i imagined, going by some of the negative feedback from other users i really was expecting worse.

The display is very crisp and a delight to look at. One thing i have noticed is though with my display is there appears to be a slight yellowish tinge right at the lower part of the screen. Is it possiblet that the display maybe faulty and has anyone else experienced the same?? I only really notice it on a white background. Not sure if i took it back to Phones4U if they would think that there is a fault with the display and just palm me off. This aside, from what i have seen of the Xperia S so far i am impressed. Still lot's to go through and explore.
Xperia S in white ROCKS!!
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-03-13 15:28

On 2012-03-13 14:27:15, dibdin wrote:
Have had the phone for just over 24 hours now. I'ts a very nice phone indeed, though with it being slightly bigger and different in design to the Arc it takes a little bit of getting use to, like i have to position the phone in my hand at times to reach the top part of the display so i dont have to use my other hand apart from turning the phone on from sleep mode. Okay, what about those capacitive keys i hear you cry. Well surprisingly i find them rather good. Yes ocassionaly they need a firm press, but on the whole they are more responsive than i imagined, going by some of the negative feedback from other users i really was expecting worse.

The display is very crisp and a delight to look at. One thing i have noticed is though with my display is there appears to be a slight yellowish tinge right at the lower part of the screen. Is it possiblet that the display maybe faulty and has anyone else experienced the same?? I only really notice it on a white background. Not sure if i took it back to Phones4U if they would think that there is a fault with the display and just palm me off. This aside, from what i have seen of the Xperia S so far i am impressed. Still lot's to go through and explore.

The same with the screen here. Barely noticeable.
a w a r e
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 19:34

On 2012-03-13 15:28:39, doministry wrote:

On 2012-03-13 14:27:15, dibdin wrote:

The same with the screen here. Barely noticeable.

Nice that your battery getting better

I have no single problem with my screen, white is just white
marcink
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 21:39
Looks like a phone to beat right now, even with its sonyericssoneque camera.
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 21:47
Have to say the keyboard is very good...very responsive and accurate.
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 21:52
Should be getting my S tomorrow.

Got an update on my Arc today for the SE/Sony Liveware Manager with changes to "support ICS". Could this be a sign that ICS is not too far off?

Samsung owners are all shouting about ICS now available for GSII and poking fingers at Sony/SE saying that their 1 year old phones are now more up to date than Sony - annoying to say the lest.

What worries me slightly is that the Sola is being touted as released with GB and then updated to ICS, Sola isn't due to hit until late April. Really hope it's going to a be staggered ICS release otherwise Sony will really get left behind.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-03-13 22:38
Yeah, got Official ICS here lol, hopefuly Sony release it before May otherwise Xperia S is doomed with all the quad-core running, fresh out the factory with ICS Droids are landing, and popular dual-cores like GS2, GNote, Sensation/XE and Evo3D will have recieved ICS globaly by then.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-03-14 06:31
Summing things up after over a week:

1. Great phone in almost every way. Brilliant
2. Battery is not bad but slightly worse than Arc
3. Things which annoy: apparently there is no video calling in call menu, and email app is fckn crazy with keeping only 25 mails on the phone. Even if you load more after next refresh they disappear. If I miss something let me know.
a w a r e
dibdin
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2012-03-14 08:34
If you want to get the best out of the capacitive buttons, (swipe from the transparent bar up). Works everytime.

tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2012-03-14 08:49
I aimed my thumb at the icons and did it the other way round, from the touch pad and to the light bar.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 686970 ... 138139140  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic