Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Need some advice for SIM Only plans in the UK

Author Need some advice for SIM Only plans in the UK
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-01-03 23:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Happy new year to you all.

I'm on a SIM only contract with T-Mobile, 30 days for £13. I get 350 mins and 150 texts but I should be getting unlimited texts now. Anyway, my bill should be around £15 a month but I'm always paying £25+. I spoke to T-Mobile and they said to me that its me over-doing the internet which is 500MB. I find this hard to believe because I only use the TFL website, check the weather or very briefly check my e-mail. My phone doesn't auto update. Basically they have told me that they charge me around £8 for 1MB over the limit. My data manager app on my phone tells me that I use 200MB only.

I see Orange do similar deals to T-Mobile but Three caught my eye because they are the cheapest in terms of calls/text and they give you 1GB for internet. I just wanted to know if you guys/girls use Three, do you get good reception, are their charges fair, do they rip you off etc.

Any advice is most welcome and thank you for your time
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-04 00:30
Hey, my sister is on 3 and thinks its alright but she is considering moving to giffgaff which is what I am on. It's PAYG, so I don't know if the SIM only contract means you have your own phone but its probably the best out there. Calls are 10p and texts, 6p straight off but you can also purchase extra minutes on top of them called 'goodybags' which last a month check out the link, they are all amazing value if you use up all the minutes and provide unlimited internet.

Have a look around, you would just need to unlock your phone, port your number over and register an account with a SIM! I can't recommend it enough, I have got a few of my mates on board and this also means I can call/text them for freeeee. Also if you decide to go for it, if you go through my referral link we both get £5 credit bonus! Oh and you have to top up by £10 when you first sign up, but its really only a fiver because you're getting £5 free.

hope this is a nice option if you want to avoid the big networks

A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-01-05 13:06
Thanks, I called T-Mobile and they have finally decided to be a bit more generous and give me some data plus a billion texts to keep me sweet.

Can the mods lock this please.
[ This Message was edited by: badassmam on 2012-01-05 12:07 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic