Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 20:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-02-15 20:44:16, aurelius wrote:
Strong growth by Sony Ericsson 2011

+2.3% increase in Market Share 2011 Lineup was amazing ..
God Luck SONY for 2012
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 22:49

On 2012-02-15 20:53:30, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-02-15 20:50:58, smclion102 wrote:

On 2012-02-15 20:44:16, aurelius wrote:
Strong growth by Sony Ericsson 2011

+2.3% increase in Market Share 2011 Lineup was amazing ..
God Luck SONY for 2012

The problem for Sony is and has always been Q4 sales (holiday sales) and that still shows. I believe that if Sony can release 1 or 2 mid- to high end devices in late Q3 or early Q4 the numbers will change big time! It's time for Sony to realize that they need a full year of sales, not only Q2 and Q3.

Exactly, an android phone only last about 9months. But with the release of Mint they seem to change that which is great
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 23:26
The xperia S being released so early and at such a decent price. I can't help but feel SE are desperately trying to get this phone out there so they can catch up with everyone else (all other smartphone companies have dualcore devices) so that they can then release their true quadcore flagship device when everyone else does in April time without having a massive leap in technology.

Also its pretty risky, because Sony fans will buy the S thinking that's them with the flagship for the year, then they'll release their new quadcore flagship and leave S owners feeling inadequate.

But seeing as the Xperia S will be cheaper then the S2, they are on to a winner because the specs are a lot better!
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 23:58
Nvidia: Tegra 3 smartphones will ship this quarter. Sony is once again a step behind on hardware. Can the design make up for it?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/[....]ia-tegra-3-smartphones-q1-2012
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-02-15 23:00 ]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-16 00:28

On 2012-02-15 12:20:54, motvikt wrote:
Your ignorance just made me to angry not to write a reply even though I said I would drop this. I wanted to respond to your last post but I thought it was to stupid to even reply. I have given you fact of everything I have claimed, which was that sammy made the screen in vita. Period. I have spent 30min googling the claim you made about sony licensing tech to samsung and have found nothing. SOURCE?!?!.

Samsung fanboy, yea that is why I have the arc and is planning to buy nypon, have a vaio f11 and bravia ex500. Go and die troll. I wont buy Sony products (except phones) any more though, they just aren't good enough. And with a hand on my heart, they havnt been for a couple of years even though I just now am starting to realize it. Asus zenbook and new samsung tv with thin bezel are my next purchases, Sony has nothing to compete with that atm.

And yes, Xperia S has a good screen, not the best though (poor viewing angles) and we need to stop fooling ourselves on that fact. Atleast I have stopped doing so. We have had this discussion in the arc camera thread, arc does NOT have the best camera, its top tier, but not that good. The new sensors are mostly marketing with a lot of noise. Bravia screen on my arc, I have it turned off (consumes battery), dont see any difference.
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-02-15 11:22 ]

Are you nice kiddin me? The view angle isn't the best, but c'mon. Its WAY better than 2011 Xperia devices (that don't make them worse)

I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
juris15
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-16 06:58
Sony Completes Full Acquisition of Sony Ericsson

Sony to Rename the Company Sony Mobile Communications and Accelerate Business Integration
February 16, 2012, Tokyo, Japan - Sony Corporation (“Sony”) today announced that the transaction to acquire Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson’s (“Ericsson”) 50% stake in Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB (“Sony Ericsson”) has been completed as of February 15, 2012 (Central European time). This marks the completion of the transaction jointly announced by Sony and Ericsson on October 27, 2011, and makes Sony Ericsson a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony.

Sony will rename Sony Ericsson “Sony Mobile Communications”, and further integrate the mobile phone business as a vital element of its electronics business, with the aim of accelerating convergence between Sony’s lineup of network enabled consumer electronics products, including smart phones, tablets, TVs and PCs.
Company Overview

New company name:
Sony Mobile Communications AB
Date of name change:
February 2012 (planned)
Representative:
Bert Nordberg, President and CEO
Corporate Headquarters:
London, UK
R&D sites:
Beijing, Lund, Silicon Valley and Tokyo
Headcount:
Approximately 8,000 (as of February 1, 2012)
Principal business:
Design, development, manufacture and sale of mobile phone products
Stated capital:
EUR 100 million

http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/News/Press/201202/12-025E/index.html
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 11:43
Sony to roll out 'monolithic design' for all future products

http://www.techradar.com/news[....]or-all-future-products-1063373

A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 13:42

On 2012-02-15 12:20:54, motvikt wrote:

On 2012-02-15 11:47:07, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-02-15 10:50:00, motvikt wrote:
@moogoo

Dunno how much proof I need to show you guys (thought oled-info with a statement from samsung would be enough...); From a disassemble
"Note the OLED screen is indeed made by Samsung."
http://pspslimhacks.com/ps-vi[....]-oled-confirmed-to-be-samsung/

Now I am dropping that matter

What if Haybusa is a ION for the European market? Would make sense, all the exclusives tend to show up as international versions as well, a couple of months later.

Oled screen are indeed made by Samsung becouse Samsung and Sony has a agreement.
But this tech is from Sony and not from Samsung, Samsung use this tech becouse they made the 5 inch for the Vita.
Furthermore, Samsung never invent those tech they use only those tech nothing more.

I understand you are a Samsung boy, but please you need to stop with downgrading Sony with no single arguments.
Well, i wil drop dat matter also

OT:

The screen are just WOW!!!! I never see such screen, it look like you see a bravia screen

Your ignorance just made me to angry not to write a reply even though I said I would drop this. I wanted to respond to your last post but I thought it was to stupid to even reply. I have given you fact of everything I have claimed, which was that sammy made the screen in vita. Period. I have spent 30min googling the claim you made about sony licensing tech to samsung and have found nothing. SOURCE?!?!.

Samsung fanboy, yea that is why I have the arc and is planning to buy nypon, have a vaio f11 and bravia ex500. Go and die troll. I wont buy Sony products (except phones) any more though, they just aren't good enough. And with a hand on my heart, they havnt been for a couple of years even though I just now am starting to realize it. Asus zenbook and new samsung tv with thin bezel are my next purchases, Sony has nothing to compete with that atm.

And yes, Xperia S has a good screen, not the best though (poor viewing angles) and we need to stop fooling ourselves on that fact. Atleast I have stopped doing so. We have had this discussion in the arc camera thread, arc does NOT have the best camera, its top tier, but not that good. The new sensors are mostly marketing with a lot of noise. Bravia screen on my arc, I have it turned off (consumes battery), dont see any difference.
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-02-15 11:22 ]

Take it easy man, don't get angry at me. You talk Sony down not me with your so called bad lineup and no inventer of Oled tech, Sony is one of the most who most invest in Oled tech, Samsung just use this tech nothing more.

You put Sony in a corner not me.

Point is, Samsung use this tech from Sony they have a deal and you don't like it that's a fact.
Its not AMOled screen just Sony tech Oled screen what Samsung use and make for Sony, becouse samsung get coverment funded for mass production, so don't get mad at me.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-02-16 12:45 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-16 14:17

Nobody puts Sony in the corner.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-02-16 18:35
PlayStation Vita Teardown

-5" OLED Touchscreen running 24-bit color, 960 x 544 pixel qHD display and rear capacitive multi-touch pad

Via
ifixit
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-02-17 01:27
Can we stop with the PS vita screen talk please. Absolutely nothing to do with new product rumours. Thanks

moving on now.....
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-02-17 02:09

On 2012-02-16 14:17:39, moogoo wrote:

Nobody puts Sony in the corner.

"Like I said, Bravia is a gimmick, Sony displays are dying and it would surprise me if Sony leaves the TV-business altogether, the new CEO hinted that no branch was safe (TV is losing most money atm)"

He did not mention Sony will never get out the TV business, what he forget is that Samsung get help from Korean goverment. Sony wil also help from Japanese Goverment, only 10 or more years late what Samsung get from the coverment

"Yes, Sony tvs are awesome, have one myself But that doesnt change the fact that Sonys tv branch is bleeding money. The 2012 lineup is very bad though, my next tv will be a samsung sadly (love those thin bezels and media player)"

He has no Sony TV, i realy don't care he has just a Samsung TV after he put Sony in a corner just the way he wrote

"The most prominent part of the Vita hardware is the 5-inch, 960 x 544 Super AMOLED Plus display from Samsung, which takes up most of the front of the unit. It's absolutely gorgeous, with fantastic color reproduction and deep black levels that often make it hard to tell where the bezel stops and the screen begins. Viewing angles are very good, with the picture remaining clear at extreme positions, though like many other OLED displays it can take on a blueish tint when the system is tilted — you can see what’s happening on screen from nearly 180 degrees, but the color temperature is inaccurate unless you’re looking at it relatively straight on. The screen is glossy, but I found it generally easier to view outside than any PSP model ever was — it still didn’t get great results in direct sunlight, though. With a pixel density of about 220ppi, we're not talking Retina Display (326ppi) or Galaxy Nexus (316ppi) levels of sharpness here, but at the distance you're likely to be holding the device, pixels are rarely distinguishable. Even when you can see the pixels, the RGB stripe arrangement makes everything clear and accurate — no PenTile graininess here. However, certain software titles we've been testing have exhibited resolution issues that undo a lot of the good work the display can do — more on that later."

He said this is proof becouse Samsung said that with their hyped Ameoled screens Man he did not even know that Samsung has a deal with Sony So Samsung can say what they pleased. Also he mean that Sony is not capeble to make Oled screens that's why he put Sony in a corner

Back to the topic

yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-17 09:37

On 2012-02-16 18:35:45, smclion102 wrote:
PlayStation Vita Teardown

-5" OLED Touchscreen running 24-bit color, 960 x 544 pixel qHD display and rear capacitive multi-touch pad

Via
ifixit

Just stop the talk on PSVita screen, we all know that AMOLED is a subspecies of OLED (The other one being PMOLED). And since it will be pointless to have a PMOLED on a vita, it is definately AMOLED. (Ref: http://www.oled-info.com/pmoled-vs-amoled-whats-difference

Can someone just start a new thread on this?

venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-02-17 10:22
^
If anybody wants to discuss about the vita they can do it in the Sony Non Mobile Discussion thread under General Discussions.
Anyways on topic, the Quad Core CPU in the PS Vita is actually jointly developed by Sony and IBM and jointly manufactured by Sony and Toshiba. CPU-Sony CXD53155GG .
This makes me think maybe the Mint will use this Sony quad core chipset. That kinda explains the steep premium over the Xperia S.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-17 10:45

On 2012-02-14 12:13:28, marcink wrote:
Does Sony really have any unique (and important) HW technologies that could be transferred to phones? Don't see anything. I believe the should execute better and start putting better components.

Unique HW Technologies of Sony:
DSP better than the competition,
Camera sensors - we know they rule here.
Camera Lens' the same as above
Hardware design ... their still amongst the best in all consumer electronics not just partnership.

Unique SW Technologies:
Did you know that Sony was the top SW alorhythm in the audio industry creating innovation for the last 25yrs?!
- sure the Magneto-Optical Disc has died (Mini-Disc, Hi-MD, etc) but it offered so much potential until Flash Storage increased its own potential.
Linux .... PS3 runs on this originally developed elsewhere and their doing quite great at it; store included.

Combine all of these in a unique and evolving way and I think Sony can be a force to be reckoned with.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 585960 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic