Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 575859 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-15 01:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@motvikt officially PS Vita page says OLED. if it were AMOLED PLUS, i'm guessing they would put that. Samsung would be pretty upset if their HW tech was used in a big name device and it wasn't advertised as such. And since OLED and AMOLED tech are very different, making the mistake of putting one for the other on the official site is unlikely (hopefully).

ok.. let's get back on topic all any hints or info on Mint? that's the one that's really got me intrigued...
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 02:16
@moogoo

No News on Hayabusa or Mint
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-15 03:26
sad.. it's been kinda quiet lately. perhaps all the focus is being put on the S and Ion... we should still be getting some leaks on the ones to be announced at MWC though, right? maybe not...

My x10 is still alive after spending 3 days in a bag of rice following a brief submergence in water. There is some damage to the screen, but only when I view it from a certain angle. Hopefully it will last me until the fall, at which time Hayabusa and Mint will likely be available. Otherwise, I'll probably pick up the S at a then cheaper price. Currently preorders in the US for $699. Ridiculous.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 03:29
Well, it's actually better for Sony if we don't get any leaks.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 04:47
Xperia S screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yczYDV3pUIM
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 07:05
I'm still curious if the final units will also have the notification LED on the top left (you can see it blinking red pretty nicely in above video).
[ This Message was edited by: rog on 2012-02-15 06:05 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 07:10
I thought that was the point of the transparent strip?
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 10:31

On 2012-02-15 07:10:31, NightBlade wrote:
I thought that was the point of the transparent strip?

Yes, and it actually does light up, but only like 3 times per notification. The permanent notification however is on the top, even on the latest firmware. Let's see... Hope that will change eventually.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 10:50
@moogoo

Dunno how much proof I need to show you guys (thought oled-info with a statement from samsung would be enough...); From a disassemble
"Note the OLED screen is indeed made by Samsung."
http://pspslimhacks.com/ps-vi[....]-oled-confirmed-to-be-samsung/

Now I am dropping that matter

What if Haybusa is a ION for the European market? Would make sense, all the exclusives tend to show up as international versions as well, a couple of months later.

worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 11:47

On 2012-02-15 10:50:00, motvikt wrote:
@moogoo

Dunno how much proof I need to show you guys (thought oled-info with a statement from samsung would be enough...); From a disassemble

What if Haybusa is a ION for the European market? Would make sense, all the exclusives tend to show up as international versions as well, a couple of months later.

Oled screen are indeed made by Samsung becouse Samsung and Sony has a agreement.
But this tech is from Sony and not from Samsung, Samsung use this tech becouse they made the 5 inch for the Vita.
Furthermore, Samsung never invent those tech they use only those tech nothing more.

I understand you are a Samsung boy, but please you need to stop with downgrading Sony with no single arguments.
Well, i wil drop dat matter also

OT:

The screen are just WOW!!!! I never see such screen, it look like you see a bravia screen
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 12:12

On 2012-02-14 12:13:28, marcink wrote:
Does Sony really have any unique (and important) HW technologies that could be transferred to phones? Don't see anything. I believe the should execute better and start putting better components.

Not an expert on the matter, but doesn't Sony have the following:

1) Top-notch image sensors, even Apple is sourcing from Sony
2) WhiteMagic LCD technology, supposed to use much less battery which is a big thing for phones
3) Content: Music and movies from their own labels
4) Good design compared to competition

But the big question is if Sony can break-down the "silos" it's been operating in and use more cross-cp,pany resources.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 12:20

On 2012-02-15 11:47:07, worf1000 wrote:

On 2012-02-15 10:50:00, motvikt wrote:
@moogoo

Oled screen are indeed made by Samsung becouse Samsung and Sony has a agreement.
But this tech is from Sony and not from Samsung, Samsung use this tech becouse they made the 5 inch for the Vita.
Furthermore, Samsung never invent those tech they use only those tech nothing more.

I understand you are a Samsung boy, but please you need to stop with downgrading Sony with no single arguments.
Well, i wil drop dat matter also

OT:

The screen are just WOW!!!! I never see such screen, it look like you see a bravia screen

Your ignorance just made me to angry not to write a reply even though I said I would drop this. I wanted to respond to your last post but I thought it was to stupid to even reply. I have given you fact of everything I have claimed, which was that sammy made the screen in vita. Period. I have spent 30min googling the claim you made about sony licensing tech to samsung and have found nothing. SOURCE?!?!.

Samsung fanboy, yea that is why I have the arc and is planning to buy nypon, have a vaio f11 and bravia ex500. Go and die troll. I wont buy Sony products (except phones) any more though, they just aren't good enough. And with a hand on my heart, they havnt been for a couple of years even though I just now am starting to realize it. Asus zenbook and new samsung tv with thin bezel are my next purchases, Sony has nothing to compete with that atm.

And yes, Xperia S has a good screen, not the best though (poor viewing angles) and we need to stop fooling ourselves on that fact. Atleast I have stopped doing so. We have had this discussion in the arc camera thread, arc does NOT have the best camera, its top tier, but not that good. The new sensors are mostly marketing with a lot of noise. Bravia screen on my arc, I have it turned off (consumes battery), dont see any difference.
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-02-15 11:22 ]
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-02-15 14:47
I think we've heard enough about who owns what tech in Vita and who makes it. Vita isn't even a phone, now is we're taking about phone version then I'm all ears.

Anyway, I just got an email from SE:

Dear Richard,
I wanted to give you some more information about Sony’s intended purchase of Sony Ericsson and what it means for you.

Some things won’t change at all. For example, your existing warranty will remain completely valid and you’ll still get the same great service and support that you’ve been used to. But you will see some important new benefits.

Your Sony Ericsson phone already features great Sony technology. But in future, you can expect even more leading-edge Sony capabilities – and easy connectivity with other Sony products including TVs, PCs and tablets to allow you to share content seamlessly across multiple screens. There will also be more opportunities to enjoy premium entertainment content from Sony including music and film services from the Sony Entertainment Network.

...and some other stuff about Xperia S being lauched soon blah blah blah

Nothing new but it does tell quite clearly that they're taking the mobile division seriously and integrating Sony tech and capabilities into the branch.

Anybody know what's on the table for next week's MWC announcement(s) and if we are indeed going to see some cool Sony stuff?

I'd like to see the PS3 remote play that we saw in Aino make it's way to android in some form. Aino was an amazing device.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 16:31
@motvikt,

There is no denial that vita uses samsung screen, but the screen itself should be oled, if its not oled and is amoled, then please sue sony for misleading information, you probably would get millions out of false advertising. I own walkman x with oled, and there is diffrence between oled and super amoled/amoled.
Sony along with panasonic , sharp and other japanese manufacturers is planning to open up plant for manufacturing of mobile screens.

We should probably open up a thread for this because everyone else is probably getting

Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-02-15 18:03

On 2012-02-15 16:31:17, djin wrote:
@motvikt,

There is no denial that vita uses samsung screen, but the screen itself should be oled, if its not oled and is amoled, then please sue sony for misleading information, you probably would get millions out of false advertising. I own walkman x with oled, and there is diffrence between oled and super amoled/amoled.
Sony along with panasonic , sharp and other japanese manufacturers is planning to open up plant for manufacturing of mobile screens.

We should probably open up a thread for this because everyone else is probably getting

Indeed, lets drop this and move on!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 575859 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic