Previous  123 ... 464748 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 07:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-01-19 03:40:47, Bialynia wrote:

Sony bought out Ericsson in SE, I don't know why people think the actual design teams and development will switch somewhere else. It's a name and partial ownership change, SE designed and Sony designed is the same thing.

No one said the development or teams are changing. And im almost certain Sony didnt buy out Ericssons share just to continue making handsets which are behind the competition.

Yes, its an ownership change, so that means Sony are now in complete control. Whether its with the current development teams or new ones, they have the last say.
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 07:51
SONY will obviously Join the Japanese Team[Tablet+Walkman] with rest of the X-Sony Ericsson Mobile Team.they need Western and eastern knowledge.

100% sure we will see some Super SmartPhones in another 6 months. Its stupid to Believe that SONY will take forever to fight the Specs race ..

SONY is like Microsoft with win phone 7 ..Sure MSFT came last with Mob OS but Win phone 7 is turning out to be the 3rd best OS and is going to stay.the same way Sony will also become in 10-12 months and soon will be in top 3
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 09:19

On 2012-01-19 08:23:24, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-01-19 07:04:15, >500 wrote:

Sony bought out Ericsson in SE, I don't know why people think the actual design teams and development will switch somewhere else. It's a name and partial ownership change, SE designed and Sony designed is the same thing.

No one said the development or teams are changing. And im almost certain Sony didnt buy out Ericssons share just to continue making handsets which are behind the competition.

Yes, its an ownership change, so that means Sony are now in complete control. Whether its with the current development teams or new ones, they have the last say.

Yes, but still, SONY can't make phones! They never could. Sony brings money, ideas and future technology that SE never had. Which I think is great!

Just a request - STOP ridiculing Sony like this as if you some personal vendetta with Sony!!!!
Sony can very well make the very best smartphone in the market right now if they want to and without any help from the "SE" employees. But just because they don't doesn't mean people start bashing them and not accept the simple fact that Sony Ericsson is no more and its all Sony now. So doesn't matter if its the old team working on phones that does not take away anything from the fact that they are all SONY employees now and everything that they do, they do so under SONY.

So stop pretending as if Sony and Sony Ericsson are two different entities now and Sony is nothing but a stupid old man giving food and shelter to a young man. Sony Mobile Communications is all Sony. Whatever they do, whatever they come up with belongs to Sony from now on. I don't see what's so difficult in accepting this.

So please stop with the Sony hatred already!!!

All the phones that we are going to see this year are going to be SONY phones, developed by SONY employees (ex employees + new) So I don't see how your statement will hold true. Sony IS going to make phones and great phones at that.

And I am pretty sure this year it won't be Samsung that will have the best Android smartphone of the year like last 2 years (Galaxy S 2010, Galaxy S II -2011). The Mint will surely take that crown this year
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Article on Sony Mobile Communications + interview with Bert Nordberg. Two key statements he made
http://www.channel3000.com/money/30233748/detail.html

*The Xperia Ion will be Sony's flagship phone for the time being, but it is still a Sony Ericsson product, Nordberg said, even though it doesn't have Ericsson's name on it. The first true Sony phone is expected to debut later this year"

*My view since I joined 2 1/2 years ago is that it's always been a Sony company," Nordberg said.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-19 08:31 ]
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 15:33
maybe you were meant to say Ericsson cant make phones @aurelius? It come across like you were having a go at sony
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-19 16:24
I read somewhere that we were able to use the Viera thing from Panasonic and Anynet+ from Samsung and the one from Sony TVs to control the Xperia Arc/S on TV, Gallery and such. Anyone knows if it will be possible to do using a Samsung TV with Anynet+ feature? (I have one, just to make sure).
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 18:01

On 2012-01-19 09:19:51, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-01-19 08:23:24, aurelius wrote:

On 2012-01-19 07:04:15, >500 wrote:

Yes, but still, SONY can't make phones! They never could. Sony brings money, ideas and future technology that SE never had. Which I think is great!

Just a request - STOP ridiculing Sony like this as if you some personal vendetta with Sony!!!!
Sony can very well make the very best smartphone in the market right now if they want to and without any help from the "SE" employees. But just because they don't doesn't mean people start bashing them and not accept the simple fact that Sony Ericsson is no more and its all Sony now. So doesn't matter if its the old team working on phones that does not take away anything from the fact that they are all SONY employees now and everything that they do, they do so under SONY.

So stop pretending as if Sony and Sony Ericsson are two different entities now and Sony is nothing but a stupid old man giving food and shelter to a young man. Sony Mobile Communications is all Sony. Whatever they do, whatever they come up with belongs to Sony from now on. I don't see what's so difficult in accepting this.

So please stop with the Sony hatred already!!!

All the phones that we are going to see this year are going to be SONY phones, developed by SONY employees (ex employees + new) So I don't see how your statement will hold true. Sony IS going to make phones and great phones at that.

And I am pretty sure this year it won't be Samsung that will have the best Android smartphone of the year like last 2 years (Galaxy S 2010, Galaxy S II -2011). The Mint will surely take that crown this year
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Article on Sony Mobile Communications + interview with Bert Nordberg. Two key statements he made
http://www.channel3000.com/money/30233748/detail.html

*The Xperia Ion will be Sony's flagship phone for the time being, but it is still a Sony Ericsson product, Nordberg said, even though it doesn't have Ericsson's name on it. The first true Sony phone is expected to debut later this year"

*My view since I joined 2 1/2 years ago is that it's always been a Sony company," Nordberg said.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-19 08:31 ]

You left out the second part of the same line. It gives different meaning to the statement.

"My view since I joined 2 1/2 years ago is that it's always been a Sony company," Nordberg said. "It's very hard, I think, to survive as a mobile hardware-only company."
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 21:11
"Sony Ericsson saw a dip in both sales volume and value in Q4, which resulted in a net loss of €207 million. The company only shipped 9 million phones, compared to 11.2 million in Q4 of 2010 and 9.5 million in Q3 of 2010.

As a result of the poor performance in what's usually the most profitable quarter of the year, Sony Ericsson ended the year with a net loss €247. Only 34.4 million Sony Ericsson handset found their new owner in 2011, compared to 43.1 million in 2010."

Source: GsmArena.com

So sony is going down... down.. down..

Bert Nordberg should read this topic and should immediately do what fans want here... If the sony mobile team will do anything else and if our opinions does not count, sony will perish.
Lollylost100
HTC One
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-19 21:17
Sony can do something Sony Ericsson couldn't - spread the risk. They will not be very much concerned about their losses in the mobile communications segment as long as other markets (TVs etc) are profitable.
puestadelsol
C901 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-19 23:29
Quote:

On 2012-01-18 23:58:45, admad wrote:
Well, all Sony needs to do is put xenon flash and better dual-core chipset (rest of specifications just like Xperia S), and we have a bestseller It\\'s not so hard. But I\\'m afraid they will go for stupid quad-core race. (While it was stupid to got with single-core Arc, it\\'s even more stupid to go with quad-core phone -.-, I mean, powerfull Notebooks are still dual-core, and they behave more than fine... )\\n
[ This Message was edited by: admad on 2012-01-18 22:59 ]

Better chipset? Xenon flash. It would be more than 600 euro with a quite large size (so large that you would bring with you easier even a compact sized camera) that hardly could become a best-seller.
A good phone with mini's or live with Walkman's specs and size with a 8 mp camera and xenon flash for 250-350 euro would be a best-seller for sure.
And for my taste the SE's 2011 UI is much more friendly and eye-catching - I think they wouldn't have changed it, since the UI was one of their major strenght.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 04:56
If you guys watched the Resident Evil Retribution trailer, there is a guy with an Xperia Arc S with the SONY logo on it. So does it mean that Arc will also be rebranded to Sony ?

Link to trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJZDtA7wt9o
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 08:05

On 2012-01-18 16:54:01, adsada wrote:

The Hayabusa looks very hopeful. Rog already confirmed there will be another flagship, and this device is priced higher then the current flagship which has a 1.5ghz dual core!

I guess everybody who is a little bit into motorcycling knows what hayabusa stands for
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 08:37
@rog- some info on the hayabusa and the mint please. Is the mint a phone? A yes or no will do.And is the hayabusa specced better than the S? Again a yes or no shall do the job
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 12:00
Hayabusha is the fastest motorcycle in the world. Would this mean its the first quad-core from Sony? Presumably, the Xperia Play II?
eternal_wind
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 13:14

On 2012-01-20 12:00:34, rss_ndrsn wrote:
Hayabusha is the fastest motorcycle in the world. Would this mean its the first quad-core from Sony? Presumably, the Xperia Play II?

Or the overclocked version of Xperia S/Ion.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-20 13:47

On 2012-01-20 08:05:10, rog wrote:

On 2012-01-18 16:54:01, adsada wrote:

The Hayabusa looks very hopeful. Rog already confirmed there will be another flagship, and this device is priced higher then the current flagship which has a 1.5ghz dual core!

I guess everybody who is a little bit into motorcycling knows what hayabusa stands for

I'll take that hint. So would it be unreasonable to expect this to be a quadcore device, or expect such a device to be released by Sony in 2012?

Edit, according to Wikipedia Hayabua could be a range of things:

Hayabusa is Japanese for Peregrine Falcon. It may refer to:

Hayabusa, an unmanned space mission formerly known as MUSES-C
    Hayabusa 2, a proposed follow-up space mission
    Hayabusa (train), a train service name in Japan
    Hayabusa Station, a train station in Japan
    Suzuki Hayabusa, a sport motorcycle produced since 1999
    Manshū Hayabusa, 1930s Japanese airliner
    Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa, a World War II fighter airplane
    Ryu Hayabusa, a video game character

Though they all are pretty speedy things
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2012-01-20 12:49 ]