Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 424344 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 06:10
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I guess your concept and way of approach is different from me, Lostsoulz and other people who required external storage, AND bigger internal memory, such as the ION.

Yes. I do watch movies, video clips and listen to songs on my phone. Play games too. The phone is getting better and smarter than ever, closer to a computer. It is now becoming a mini portable computer. It can do many things. Do you lug your pc around places?

For the 5-day thingy. Why 5 days if you have mass amount of storage and KEEP IT IN THE STORAGE JUST LIKE A PC? I watch / show to friends whenever I feel like it / when there's chance. I myself do not watch all the movies listen to the music and finish the games within your "5 days challenge". BUT do you do it on your pc??

The Sony tablet has 16 and 32 Gb of internal storage, has EXTENRNAL CARD SLOT, AND YET its processor loses out to the Xperia S (1Ghz dual vs 1.5Ghz dual). So why not an external storage? I bet your PC has got more storage than 32Gb. Yet there is still such a thing called "external hardisk" selling. (Isn't it comparable to my external card slot theory?? Phone with external memory card, pc with external hardisk memory) Nowadays newwer computers and laptops comes with built-in 256Gb of SSD hardisk. If a company were to throw in a 1TB SSD with the same specs, design and price, I WILL GO FOR THE 1TB COMPUTER INSTEAD OF THE 256GB version

On the Cloud topic. I believe I have spoken enough about it being slow and need internet / wifi and cost equivalent. And I do not do housekeeping as frequently as the "5 days" which I presume you do it (Kudos to you if you really did that)

Sandisk announced a 64Gb micro SD card which now only the Xperia PLAY can read it, but I believe in future it will be accessible to many. If I were to choose between a 32Gb or a 64Gb card, which one will I choose? Think you got my answer. Memorystick itself announced data storage capability gone up to 2TB. And if were within my means of buying it compared to a 32Gb, again, I will buy it.

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-15 07:25
Is this debate still rumbling on??

OK, so 32GB internal memory isn't exactly a leap forward in technology, but it isn't a step backward either. I doubt more than 10 people who regularly comment in this thread have more than a 32GB microSD in their phone right now, but I also reckon loads here have has "Storage space low" messages in their notification bar on their android phones.

So Sony are solving two problems for us, we don't have to manage apps storage manually and we don't have to go fork out for a 32GB microSD. They do create a small problem for a minority of users who want more even space but Led Zeppelin didn't write music everyone liked, they left that to the Bee Gees.

Can we move on now?

Does anyone know if any handsets outside of Japan will see a revival of the infra-port? Maybe at MWC? I want that Dot-Switch remote control app!
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-15 08:07
highly doubt the IR port thing will come back outside of japan Ricky.... its still alive and kicking there cause the japanese still use it religiously whereas the rest of the world has basically started to rely on bluetooth, which is better anyway.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 08:33

highly doubt the IR port thing will come back outside of japan Ricky.... its still alive and kicking there cause the japanese still use it religiously whereas the rest of the world has basically started to rely on bluetooth, which is better anyway.

Not exactly... IR connects faster than bluetooth which requires initial authentication and most Japanese branded TVs still use IR based remote which is primarily the reason Sony equipped the Japanese Xperias for a more unified interconnectivity with its Bravia TVs or Bluray players. for its purpose (remote control) IR is a more convinient connectivity option
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-01-15 07:35 ]
10 years at Esato
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 12:33
Anyone know a little more about the ST25? Here its listed as a Mini series phone. But GSMarena has it up and saying 3.5" screen. Now I could see a 3.2" mini but wouldn't 3.5" be pushing the Mini part a little far? Since one can guess that the Mini will have a Pro brother 3.5" seems a little too big the Xperia Pro is only 3.7".
I don't want a signature anymore.
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 13:14
Considering Sony released the Tablet S here with an Infra Red port, I dont think it would be crazy to see it on a flagship Sony phone sooner rather then later

In fact it would work better on the phone, considering the similar size between it and a remote control
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 16:34
CES 2012 Ericsson Keynote Human Computer Interface Network Transmission Coupling Innovation WoW

http://youtu.be/mWMuWH5epfc --- MUST WATCH DEMOED ON DEVICE

Ericsson's CEO Hans Vestberg demonstrated the technology by touching a smartphone[ PHONE ], and upon touching a receiver which was connected up to a TV screen, an image taken on the phone immediately appeared. Fully automatic, fully awesome ..

VIA
http://newrisingmedia
Fiskarbert
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 19:44
Xperia S and another unknown Xperia handset for sale on a swedish buy-and-sell website?

Source
Edit:Content was removed from the website.
[ This Message was edited by: Fiskarbert on 2012-01-15 19:13 ]
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 20:10
I can see nypon! Middle of bottom row.

The one you are pointing could be this years flagship, LT29i!
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-15 20:56

On 2012-01-15 19:44:33, Fiskarbert wrote:
Xperia S and another unknown Xperia handset for sale on a swedish buy-and-sell website?

Source

The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 21:10

On 2012-01-15 19:44:33, Fiskarbert wrote:

Source

Interesting! Most of the devices are old SE phones, I can recognise most of them, there is the neo, satio, x2, arc the new xperia s and also that cancelled device that looks like the ray/mini pro etc . The device shown twice with the red arrows looks new, but I also noticed the one above the front arrow (middle row, far right) which looks like the xperia s but has smaller dimensions could this be a mini successor?! And also to the left of this device, is a device I don't recognise anyone know it, or is this another new device!?
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Fiskarbert
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 21:29

On 2012-01-15 21:10:46, adsada wrote:
Interesting! Most of the devices are old SE phones, I can recognise most of them, there is the neo, satio, x2, arc the new xperia s and also that cancelled device that looks like the ray/mini pro etc . The device shown twice with the red arrows looks new, but I also noticed the one above the front arrow (middle row, far right) which looks like the xperia s but has smaller dimensions could this be a mini successor?! And also to the left of this device, is a device I don't recognise anyone know it, or is this another new device!?

He didn't write the names of all phones, he just wrote Xperia S, Arc S, Xperia Pro, Yari, X2, but I recognise the phone left of the arrow as the cancelled SK19i. And if you're right about the Mini, then Sony (Ericsson) has done a great job about the design! But yes, very interesting indeed!
[ This Message was edited by: Fiskarbert on 2012-01-15 20:34 ]
Detox
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 21:32
Ray Pro, X2, S, ???, Arc
Ray Pro, ???, Ray Pro, ???, ???
Yari, Satio, S, Ray Pro, ???
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-15 21:33
At least the top one looks like it might be a slider?
I don't want a signature anymore.
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-15 21:52

On 2012-01-15 21:32:43, Detox wrote:
Ray Pro, X2, S, ???, Arc
Ray Pro, Neo, Ray Pro, Aino, ???
Yari, Satio, S, Ray Pro, ???

Fixed.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-01-15 20:52 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 424344 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic