Previous  123 ... 285286287 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 06:19
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No windows phone 8 from sony

"Sony Mobile’s President and CEO Kunimasa Suzuki has quashed the rumours saying that “we have no current plans for it.”

He reaffirmed that the focus will remain with Android despite conceding that Sony’s market share is steadily shrinking. Suzuki plans to address this by bring products to market faster and increasing transparency between the different departments within Sony. “All devices are connected to each other, so we need a more horizontal organization” said Suzuki.

Suzuki went on to say that the reason why some manufacturers are diversifying operating systems is due to the patent threat. However, Sony has no such concerns given the vast patent portfolio it has, along with the rights to Ericsson’s patent library. “We are not afraid of lawsuits, because we have an extensive portfolio of intellectual property rights,” said Suzuki.

source: http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]eo-says-no-to-windows-phone-8/
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 08:22
Xperia Tx uses 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Dual Core
Xperia SL uses 1.7 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Dual Core

I read this on Whitepaper.

Does that mean SL is more powerfull than TX .Both uses Adreno220 GPU...

EDIT: I think i missed that A again....

Please tell me how is the gaming in that two device...
[ This Message was edited by: bipinm on 2012-09-13 07:29 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 09:27

On 2012-09-13 06:19:41, djin wrote:
No windows phone 8 from sony

"Sony Mobile’s President and CEO Kunimasa Suzuki has quashed the rumours saying that “we have no current plans for it.”

He reaffirmed that the focus will remain with Android despite conceding that Sony’s market share is steadily shrinking. Suzuki plans to address this by bring products to market faster and increasing transparency between the different departments within Sony. “All devices are connected to each other, so we need a more horizontal organization” said Suzuki.

Suzuki went on to say that the reason why some manufacturers are diversifying operating systems is due to the patent threat. However, Sony has no such concerns given the vast patent portfolio it has, along with the rights to Ericsson’s patent library. “We are not afraid of lawsuits, because we have an extensive portfolio of intellectual property rights,” said Suzuki.

source: http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]eo-says-no-to-windows-phone-8/

Sony for example, operates the Playstation game console with its own software. "Maybe we'll turn it into an operating system for mobile devices," said the end of February Sony boss Hirai Kazuro the "Welt am Sonntag". These plans have now apparently rejected.

NO PLAYSTATION OS PHONE ALSO
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 10:28
For now android is the best option as they cannot create and market new os with the losses they are bearing. But, In the long run they will need something of their own... Being heavily dependent on google can result in a backfire. If you guys have seen the moto event you will realise where google's heading. Each company after all thinks about its own profit.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 12:42
I doubt Microsoft would allow Sony to put their Playstation suite on WP8, which is probably why Sony ain't going to put WP8 on any of their smartphones. If they do though, I guess it would be cool.

Right now though, Nokia Lumia is the posterchild for WP8.
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-13 13:14
The problem is that Sony has released so many phones, which so many amazing technology, when combined to one, it makes a phone that can easily kill anything off the market. To me, it seems that all the phones released this year is beta testing something on the market for example:

S/P/U/Ion: Test if internal battery and memory will work
P: Metal casing/White Magic
U: Fancy lighting
Sola: Floating Touch
Ion: Large monitor
T: Marketing by Bond
V: LTE/Waterproof

This leaves with:
S: Successor of X10
Go: Successor of active
tipo: Successor of X8
miro/leo L/J: Succesor of neo

I leave acro S out of the list. This is because waterproof is a standard in Japan, and Sony has no intention to introduce it to other markets until later this year (same as ion).

I know, putting so much tech in a single phone will make the phone oversized and over priced, but think about it, the Galaxy not is already over sized, and everyone is still buying it. In my country, xS is still $130 less than S3, so why not?

Anyway, the next stage in the Japanese evolution is induction charging. I am sure Sony will intergrate that in the near future, and it is the right time. All big players (HTC, Samy, and even Apple) has stopped innovating for one year. Since Sony has 2 flagships (or more) per year, compared to Samy and Apple, who only has 1 per year. It is up to Sony how to play their 2 cards and regain market.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 16:15
Any news regarding new nexus phones ?
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 18:11
http://www.phonearena.com/new[....]exus-phone-from-Google_id34456
Its still a rumor but better than nothing to talk about )
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 19:06
Sadly Not many new rumours right now.. Everyone's busy hating the new iphone
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Raydemort
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-13 23:31

On 2012-09-13 13:14:12, yuunanase wrote:

I leave acro S out of the list. This is because waterproof is a standard in Japan, and Sony has no intention to introduce it to other markets until later this year (same as ion).

Acro S is available in other markets (Europe), and has been for a while.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-14 11:55
I know most people here wouldn't know, but Sony is really starting to increase manufacturing in Japan. 1-2 years back there were very few products namely, the Vaio Z and few professional products that were made in Japan. But now there are quite a few products including the Vaio Z, Vaio Duo 11 ultrabook-tablet, Cybershot RX100, Cybershot RX1, Alpha A99, NEX-VG900 to name a few.

Makes me wonder, will there be a Made in Japan Xperia in the future ?
yuunanase
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-14 12:39

On 2012-09-13 23:31:36, Raydemort wrote:

On 2012-09-13 13:14:12, yuunanase wrote:

Acro S is available in other markets (Europe), and has been for a while.

Yes, I know, but they could have it maybe 1 month after the Japanese release.

Another example is the ion. The sales here only know that they are releasing it about 2 weeks before. It did quite mess up. They first released the "i" version with LTE, which was useless here, then release the "h" version a few weeks later. The result: "h" version was launched with ICS, while the "i" version has not received an update until today. What I want to say is, if they have the hspa version all from the beginning, they would not have wasted all the money making the international version that no wants and go stright to hspa version instead.

On 2012-09-14 11:55:04, randomuser wrote:
I know most people here wouldn't know, but Sony is really starting to increase manufacturing in Japan. 1-2 years back there were very few products namely, the Vaio Z and few professional products that were made in Japan. But now there are quite a few products including the Vaio Z, Vaio Duo 11 ultrabook-tablet, Cybershot RX100, Cybershot RX1, Alpha A99, NEX-VG900 to name a few.

Makes me wonder, will there be a Made in Japan Xperia in the future ?

There was a Japan line all along. From 505 series, X505, SZ and Z were all made in Japan. This is the same as Bravia, HX920 was made in Japan while the HX850 was made in Malaysia. This is to easily to control the quality of their top end products.
venus, kiki, vulcan, rachael, anzu, akane, nozomi, hikari, hayabusa, tsubasa, yuga, togari, honami, sirius, leo, ivy, surime
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-09-14 13:08
yuunanase, I already mentioned that there were no more than 2 products made in Japan earlier, but this year there are more than 6 products made in Japan
That's the highest number in more than a decade since Sony moved most production to China, Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil and other locations.
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-14 13:25

On 2012-09-14 13:08:04, randomuser wrote:
yuunanase, I already mentioned that there were no more than 2 products made in Japan earlier, but this year there are more than 6 products made in Japan
That's the highest number in more than a decade since Sony moved most production to China, Malaysia, Thailand, Brazil and other locations.

I don't think its a very good move from Sony to rely on production in Japan, especially the high end
I know it's easy for Quality control and keep the secret tech in house, but due to the strong yen and the high price level in Japan. How can Sony make an affordable price for their Flagship???
I believe there are some problem with Sony pricing strategy, come out with ridiculously high price and the price comes down rapidly after 3~5 weeks?? =.=
Event Samsung and Nokia have their own Smartphones factories in developing countries such as Vietnam.
I believe that most of their S3 production came from Vietnam, because they have cheap labour and low regulation, thats why they can give very competitive price. But still the S3 is nothing but plastic
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-14 13:28
I read an interview of kaz where he did say they would make their products mostly outside of japan but also invest in making them in japan so that they are proficient with it. This was mainly referring to their tv line though..
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 285286287 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic