Previous  123 ... 272273274 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 20:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@ randomuser & worf

I'm just happy that SONY finaly did the right thing. Since this year I was very angry about SONYs decisions... We got 3 devices from the NXT Series (S/P/U) until yet + some low ends. So far so good, but the main problem was the thing with the ION. I'm still sad that this beast die slowly. SONY killed itself. Very bad marketing strategy... The ION will available soon, but it will not have success, because of the new handsets (V, T, TX)... SONY needed to release the ION with the Xperia S on the same time. You know, the Xperia S brought good selling numbers and helped sony a lot. I think the ION would even help more till yet... And don't forget the Acro S as well...

Now we will see in Q3 and Q4 a lot of highends from SONY, this is good but a lil bit too much on same time. 1H 2012 should be in market same time: Xperia S, ION and Acro S. 2H 2012 Xperia V, TX, T (IMO unnecessary), J. Istead of two 4,6" I would bring one 5" device... But all this highends will help SONY a lot. I am sure SONY will see positive numbers after Q4 until the end Q1'13. The new phones looking much better than the ugly NXT series and much slimmer. ARC Design always loooking good! SONY has the most choice now in the market...

I have tested the latest devices from other manifactures and I came back to my ARC! Latest HW doesnt means best phone... I need only a Arc with Update and I found it finaly or found them. The V is what I am looking for! But TX is almost the same just lil bit bigger.

I can't leave SONY anymore. In my home I have too many things from Sony. I love this brand. I connect something emotional with this manufacturer... I just look forward now and bet for SONY...
Samsung has only S3 + NoteII = both shit. LG you can forget and HTC has lost this year a lot... I hope SONY catch HTC next year in market-ranking... IMO SONY will come in future close to Samsung and Apple.
I can talk allday, but it's too much for here.
Sorry for my bad english. Keep going SONY!

OneSONY.make.it.believe

[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-08-31 19:18 ]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 20:25
Let me ask you guys something: Any Xperia device has 700 Mhz or 2100 Mhz frequencies for LTE? Any of the versions: DoCoMo, AT&T, other Asia markets, Europe markets.
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 20:42

On 2012-08-31 20:25:11, Felimenta97 wrote:
Let me ask you guys something: Any Xperia device has 700 Mhz or 2100 Mhz frequencies for LTE? Any of the versions: DoCoMo, AT&T, other Asia markets, Europe markets.

Sony Xperia Ion has the LTE: 700 MHz Class 17 while the Sony Xperia SX/GX have the 2100 MHz.

Xperia v also supports the 850 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2600 MHz
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-08-31 19:44 ]
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 21:44
Sony: 'Mobile is critical to overall business'

Sony has told TechRadar that smartphones are critical to its success and is a key way of driving consumers to its other products.

During Sony's IFA 2012 press conference in Berlin, company president Kazuo Hirai revealed the company was focussing on three main divisions; gaming, mobile phones and digital imaging.

TechRadar spoke to Calum MacDougall, Head of Xperia Marketing at Sony to find out how important the mobile side of the business is to the Japanese firm.
Needs smartphone success

MacDougall said: "what's pretty clear is mobile is critical to the overall business.

"If you want to be a successful consumer electronics company you need a successful smartphone division, not just within itself, but as an entry level and a way of driving consumers towards other new, connected products."

"The smartphone is the most frequently changed device, you'll buy a new phone more often then you buy a new tablet, PC or TV, so if we get people buying Sony smartphones then it affects the overall business."

The launch of the Sony Xperia T, Xperia V and Xperia J in a new range of handsets signals the firm's strong intent in the mobile market, as it looks to refresh and innovate on a regular basis, allowing it to keep up with trends and the competition.
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2012-08-31 20:45 ]
bipinm
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 22:14

On 2012-08-31 19:05:02, Ricky D wrote:

On 2012-08-31 18:18:00, stedus wrote:

Guys, this is the Image of a "Mysterious" device that I just found on Sony Mobile's FB page
They claim that it is the Xperia V, but its totally different from the "Real" Xperia V (i.e. the White Strip and a weird logo on the back)

Just as soon as i post my question, they took the page down )

Is it really the Xperia Nexus that we are talking about??

It's not the Xperia Nexus, it is a regional variation of one of the Xperia V. It appears in the Sony Mobile site press photos. The logo is China Mobile if I'm not mistaken.

I am curious about the two things that look like metal contacts on the left hand side of Xperia V. Anybody?

See the below link...
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]set-without-opening-port-flap/
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 22:29

It's not about the curve, it's about the material, look and view. Xperia Arc, Neo and Pro are stylish, while Xperia T/TV/V... are... rubbish. Agh, I mean rubber. Rubber, right.

So you mean you prefer the cheap glossy plastic that scratches easily and is a fingerprint magnet?
OK, whatever floats your boat, but I'd also like to point out the phone that I have recently aquired; the rather lovely Xperia Ray.....Which uses rubberised plastic (basically what the 2012 Xperia's use) backing. Now I happen to think the Ray is one of the best looking phones made by Sony Ericsson. Unless of course that too is made of "rubbish....er I mean rubber"

@djin - you see? You see why Arc looks better?
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-31 18:08 ]

No....I don't. The Arc had a beautiful shape, but was ruined by the cheap-ass glossy plastic. Not to mention that horrible chrome plastic which would get scratched into oblivion, and looks ridiculously cheap in the process.

On 2012-08-31 19:09:46, mediar wrote:

Yup, especially when you put it on your wooden table.

That's because they're using a larger sensor and better optics and in order to keep the thinness on par with competitors they needed a little bump. Not to mention the fact that the lens sheild is recessed into that hump a little.

Besides you're complaining about entirely subjective things and presenting them as though the 2012 Xperia's are factually uglier than the 2011. I mean I personally do not like the look of the Xperia Pro. Something about the shape and the way the hardware keys have been placed just don't sit well with me.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2012-08-31 21:32 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-08-31 23:19
So you don't like the cheap-ass glossy plastic, because you prefer the even cheaper rubber, making the back of the phone looking like an used school eraser ( especially around the edges )? Xperia Arc's plastic was glossy, but not cheap-looking. X10's white plastic was cheap-looking. You're right about the chrome-like plastic, they should have used real metal. But if you take care of your phone ( like me ), you won't get any scratches. Xperia Ray's back is good as well, as far as I'm concerned, only the black version uses rubberized plastic, but the lack of arc-curve and rounded edges makes it look good. Unlike the new Xperias. My personal preferences:

rubberized/mat/metal + sharp edges + no/slight curves = good ( Xperia Ray, Lumia 900, Motorola )
glossy + rounded edges = good ( HTC, GS3, Lumia 610 )
glossy + arc-like curve + rounded edges = excelent ( Xperia Arc/Neo/Pro )
Everything else is shit. ( 2012 Xperias, LG )

This applies only to the current smartphones ( Android era ), not for the pre-2009 smart- and feature phones.

"The smartphone is the most frequently changed device, you'll buy a new phone more often then you buy a new tablet, PC or TV, so if we get people buying Sony smartphones then it affects the overall business."

Well, the first thing Sony should do is take care of curing its amnesia, because forgetting the people who bought your products half an year ago is a serious deal-beaker.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-31 22:41 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
-XYZ
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-31 23:43

On 2012-08-31 23:19:20, mediar wrote:
So you don't like the cheap-ass glossy plastic, because you prefer the even cheaper rubber, making the back of the phone looking like an used school eraser ( especially around the edges )? Xperia Arc's plastic was glossy, but not cheap-looking. X10's white plastic was cheap-looking. You're right about the chrome-like plastic, they should have used real metal. But if you take care of your phone ( like me ), you won't get any scratches. Xperia Ray's back is good as well, as far as I'm concerned, only the black version uses rubberized plastic, but the lack of arc-curve and rounded edges makes it look good. Unlike the new Xperias. My personal preferences:

rubberized/mat/metal + sharp edges + no/slight curves = good ( Xperia Ray, Lumia 900, X1, Motorola )
glossy + rounded edges = good ( HTC, GS3, Lumia 610 )
glossy + arc-like curve + rounded edges = excelent ( Xperia Arc/Neo/Pro )
Everything else is shit. ( 2012 Xperias, LG )

[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-31 22:36 ]

What makes you so sure that the current crop of smartphones are made of cheap rubber? For mercy's sake, have you held the new phones in your hands to know that they're made of cheap rubber? Do you have any evidence to suggest that its rubber, and not Rubberised plastic?

So far the Hands-on impressions I've looked at strongly suggest that its rubberised plastic.
[ This Message was edited by: -XYZ on 2012-08-31 22:44 ]
Felimenta97
Sony Xperia S
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-01 01:39

On 2012-08-31 20:42:59, DACHA wrote:

On 2012-08-31 20:25:11, Felimenta97 wrote:

Sony Xperia Ion has the LTE: 700 MHz Class 17 while the Sony Xperia SX/GX have the 2100 MHz.

Xperia v also supports the 850 MHz, 1800 MHz, 2100 MHz, 2600 MHz
[ This Message was edited by: DACHA on 2012-08-31 19:44 ]

I'm sorry, I confused the values. No Xperia phones running on 2,5 Ghz, or maybe even 450 Mhz? (Reports says that those two frequencies will be used in Brazil in a unknown future.)

EDIT: I know China uses the same frequencies that we will use. Any Xperia China LTE phones?
[ This Message was edited by: Felimenta97 on 2012-09-01 00:42 ]
I don't get people. Never Have, never will.
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-09-01 05:03

On 2012-08-31 19:15:32, stedus wrote:

I'm still hoping for an Xperia Nexus next month (

Me too! I wouldn't mind if it looks something like the XV for the Chinese market that was pictured. But I doubt it will come in October, more likely November, if at all.
stedus
Apple iPhone
PM
Posted: 2012-09-01 05:11

On 2012-09-01 05:03:37, pmugghc wrote:

On 2012-08-31 19:15:32, stedus wrote:

I'm still hoping for an Xperia Nexus next month (

Me too! I wouldn't mind if it looks something like the XV for the Chinese market that was pictured. But I doubt it will come in October, more likely November, if at all.

I doubt those new Nexuses (Nexi??) will come out in November
Most likely that Google will announce their new devices after Apple's event (20th Sept)

Remember last year??
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-09-01 08:06
I for one can't wait for the new Sony phones to come out...although, i'm very much still in love with my xperia s...
the xperia t is definitely better looking than the arc, the arc design is just the best phone design bar none imo. xperia t takes one step further.

most likely will get the xperia v for the lte but i absolutely do not like the look of that chinese version xperia v...looks...cheap..

anyone saw this article on sony design?
http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]mobile-talks-design/#more-9490

imagine if there was a real wooden phone...or maybe that beautiful rounded phone in the middle..these designs are unparalleled. Good going sony...
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-01 08:21

On 2012-08-31 23:43:30, -XYZ wrote:
What makes you so sure that the current crop of smartphones are made of cheap rubber? For mercy's sake, have you held the new phones in your hands to know that they're made of cheap rubber? Do you have any evidence to suggest that its rubber, and not Rubberised plastic?

So far the Hands-on impressions I've looked at strongly suggest that its rubberised plastic.

Man, when I say rubber, I mean the rubberized plastic. But the way it looks... not just cheap ( like j110's back, you can check it out ), but ugly. Xperia TX's front, for example, looks good, but the back ruins it all. They should have used glossy plastic ( like the one around the screen ), in my opinion, and the phone would have looked better, trust me - http://i.imgur.com/VYbE8.jpg. Xperia T is ugly and I can't do anything about it. Xperia V's back does not suit the front as well. They should have made is of glossy plastic as well.

And then comes that horrible black UI, which is so... imperfect compared to 2011's UX UI.

It's funny because you see only 4 identical black rectangles.
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-09-01 07:48 ]
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-01 08:28

@winnerzero The one in the middle here? If that was coming within 6 months I'd wait and skip over Xperia T/V (not decided which to get yet). Mind you I like the one on the left too.

Why weren't these developed to release instead of the T design? Or are these for next year? Perhaps the base of next year's phones?
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-09-01 08:37 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-09-01 08:36

On 2012-09-01 08:28:37, Ricky D wrote:

2010 Xperias.
Mediar's Site
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 272273274 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic