Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 247248249 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 17:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Damn this Chinese Phone looks so sexy and cost soo cheap with this amazing specs!!!

I hope it will come for europe too... Will use it until SONYs grenades coming 2013...

http://www.engadget.com/photos/xiaomi-phone-2-hands-on/
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-08-17 16:26 ]
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-17 21:16

On 2012-08-16 22:18:33, mediar wrote:

On 2012-08-16 13:44:16, randomuser wrote:
Hmmm !! Chinese Manufacturer just announced the Mi-Two. First smartphone powered by Qualcomm S4 Pro Quad Core APQ8064 CPU with XBOX360 level Graphics performance.

Priced at just 315$

http://www.gsmarena.com/new_x[....]h_quadcore_krait-news-4657.php

Sony won't have an answer to it until late Q1 2013
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-08-16 12:44 ]

Where's worf1000 now to prove me that quad core processors are just overhyped and useless??? And once you tried to convince me that Sony aren't behind the competition... It seems that even the chinese manufactures are ahead of them... Sony, sony, you were the chosen one...
[ This Message was edited by: mediar on 2012-08-16 21:22 ]

WOW!! You are just make yourself ridicules even you know that i explain very well about that subject.

Quad core is not 100% supported by Android OS yet, it won't take the 100% advance of Android.
That's why my Xperia S is almost faster than my SGS3 faster on programs or browser that i use.

And yes, Quad Core is over hyped, the only what is good is antutu testing result but in daily use you won't see the different.
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 01:26
Don't be non-sense, Android OS does support Quad-Core, it's up to the software developers to make use... and thats why synthetic benchmarks will give you high scores because these actually use all these cores

When Android devs added support to dual cores they didn't added it as just dual cores... but as multi cores support... having XS faster than GS3 is very related to SE UX UI which is very optimized and not resources hungry not like GS3 UI which adds alot of features and eyecandy... try to use the same UI on both devices for a while and see for your self, specially if the UI is optimized for multi-cores
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 07:02
Here is some interesting info I just gathered at XDA regarding the Xperia tablet and maybe a future connector on Sony devices.

I said:
I have been staring at this leaked info for a while, and I have a question. The specs mention a mysterious ST Port on the new tab, but I can't find anything about it. Then we get the above pic of a dock and it has an odd looking port on it... maybe USB, maybe something else. Then just now I was staring at my Vita and its charging connector, and it looks surprisingly similar to the one on the new tab. So, could it be the ST port is the Vita connector? And since this seems to be used for power and data, plus Sony has apparently designed it for things like a speaker dock, could this be Sonys answer to Apples dock connector?

If my speculation is true, I would imagine that practically all Sony devices will have this port in the future. Or am I missing something?

To which xperiax10.awesome replied:

According to the info I have, there will a PS VITA connector to be announced can used with Xperia Tablet, u can plug in PS Vita to Xperia tablet using connector to enjoy Vita games on big screen.........not sure if same dan be used for big screen TVs as well

So it seems that the Vita connector port will be finding its way to more Sony devices. I would be VERY happy if they use it like the dock connector Apple uses. Btw, here is that thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762902
winnerzero
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 07:35
omg...u just made my day...that news is awesome if it was true....really hope it is...but after the xperia tablet is released, it means my tablet s is now useless....bugger
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 07:48

On 2012-08-18 07:35:52, winnerzero wrote:
omg...u just made my day...that news is awesome if it was true....really hope it is...but after the xperia tablet is released, it means my tablet s is now useless....bugger

Yeah my tablet S won't see much use either, but that's ok. I might donate it to my brother or sister. Or keep it around and try to find a use for it.

On the Vita dock connector, I'm giddy at what this could mean for future Sony phones and getting proper speaker docks and whatnot for them. I've always been puzzled that Sony makes dozens of products with Apple docks, but almost nothing for their own products.
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2012-08-18 06:51 ]
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 11:16

On 2012-08-18 01:26:22, Xajel wrote:
Don't be non-sense, Android OS does support Quad-Core, it's up to the software developers to make use... and thats why synthetic benchmarks will give you high scores because these actually use all these cores

When Android devs added support to dual cores they didn't added it as just dual cores... but as multi cores support... having XS faster than GS3 is very related to SE UX UI which is very optimized and not resources hungry not like GS3 UI which adds alot of features and eyecandy... try to use the same UI on both devices for a while and see for your self, specially if the UI is optimized for multi-cores

No single programs use the 4 cores from the Quad core on Android OS at least not at the moment.
This has nothing to do with optimize. My SGS3 is still useless with the quad core, it has no advance.

The UI is also the same as that from Dual cores.
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 11:33
@worf1000, with all due respect, QuadCore is not exactly an overhype, there indeed were some android apps that can make full use of the 4 processing cores and GPU cores at max. i.e. Adobe Photoshop Touch and Autodesk Sketchbook. Although PS Touch is best used on the 10.1" Galaxy Note due to digital pen I can't imagine dual Core A9 or anything similar CPUs handling dozens or even hundreds of layers especially when at A4 size resolution or more. and I personally find the 10.1" note a "good alternative" to those expensive Cintiqs at least when it comes to basic digital design.
10 years at Esato
Ultimus
Sony Xperia Go
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 11:46
Also, even if the OS supports four cores perfectly, it's not as if every app is suitable for four cores and usually, at least on desktops, you'll find that processors with more cores run at a lower frequency or are left with a smaller cache size or other cuts. The performance per core is usually lower to offset the extra generated heat of the extra cores.

That explains why many of the current dual core phones run some or most apps even faster than quad core phones.

IMO, it's nothing to do with optimizing Android or apps. Many types of (simple) apps just don't benefit from extra cores, they run just fine on one or two threads. And in that case, the two (faster) cores of a dual core phone will perform better than two cores of a quad core phone.

If you're running multiple heavy apps in the background though, the quad cores should perform better.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 12:36
The main advantage with quadcore is that it's future proof. I bought arc on release day and it got old way too fast. Next phone I'll buy will be the absolute top of the line
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 13:43
Goole announced that they're going to conduct an experiment: giving the Xperia S Nexus-level AOSP support. My inner optimist hopes that this'll eventually extend to the rest of Sony's phones if the experiment is a success (it probably will be since Sony's probably the most likely to be compliant with this). http://www.theverge.com/2012/[....]-experiment-aosp-sony-xperia-s

Also, Jean-Baptise Queru is probably the biggest Sony fanboy within Google; he's the same guy who praised Sony for contributing to AOSP so much, and he's basically rewarding Sony for it now, it seems.
nagirodu
K660 Wine on black
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 13:56

On 2012-08-18 13:43:15, lolstebbo wrote:
Goole announced that they're going to conduct an experiment: giving the Xperia S Nexus-level AOSP support. My inner optimist hopes that this'll eventually extend to the rest of Sony's phones if the experiment is a success (it probably will be since Sony's probably the most likely to be compliant with this). http://www.theverge.com/2012/[....]-experiment-aosp-sony-xperia-s

Also, Jean-Baptise Queru is probably the biggest Sony fanboy within Google; he's the same guy who praised Sony for contributing to AOSP so much, and he's basically rewarding Sony for it now, it seems.

Just posted this in Xperia S section and later looked at your comment. Seems to be a great development from Google, but hope they will provide the support for other devices from Sony as well.
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 14:10

On 2012-08-18 13:56:54, nagirodu wrote:

On 2012-08-18 13:43:15, lolstebbo wrote:

Just posted this in Xperia S section and later looked at your comment. Seems to be a great development from Google, but hope they will provide the support for other devices from Sony as well.

There are rumors that Sony's looking into actively supporting Google in this endeavor, a move that would be conducive to their entire line of devices being supported under this initiative. They're just experimenting with a single device for now, though, and it's great that all the factors peg a Sony device a the beqst candidate for is experiment.
cha-B
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 15:17
Xperia SL gets official: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-sl/
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-08-18 15:44
Nice, it mentions the latest version of Android so it seems that Jellybean is confirmed for the SL. I hope they managed to get JB on hayabusa and mint too for launch.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 247248249 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic