Previous  123 ... 207208209 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 05:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-07-25 17:37:41, goldenface wrote:
If Mint is the LT30* doesn't this code signify it will be announced or released in 2013?

No "3" has nothing to do with year but generation. It will be released in 2012 not 2013.
FMW300
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 05:02
I'm just posting what I saw on it168. Sounds too good to be true: Walkman (I wish!), Xenon flash, OLED screens....

Xperia Z: 4,6 HD oLED + 2GB RAM Walkman + CYBER-SHOT + PLAYSTATION
Xperia C: 4,3 HD OLED screen + Xenon Flash
Xperia E: 4 qHD OLED Walkman Phone
Xperia 3,7 LCD - qwerty slider -
D & x v + D: B
Xperia Z and X will run on Qualcomm S4 (not Pro) and both will be Cybershot branded.
E and Y will have ST-Ericsson dual Core CPU.

XPERIA Z (part of the second-generation NXT series Z, C, E, Y) will be powered by Qualcomm-S4 Snapdragon chip, the OLED display of the walkman player and Cyber-shot camera lens + CB technology, PLAYSTATION certification, while equipped with a Walkman music player, Z or the use of carbon fiber shell: VAIO Z. August debut (originally planned to debut in September)
T230 > W300 > W890 > W705 > Live > Xperia T > Xperia Z2a > Xperia X > Xperia XZ2
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 06:06
It'll be an interesting announcement, that's for sure.

In the list above..no mention of the Xperia SL which isn't really good news considering we know 100% of its existence.

Unless it's a post just stating 2nd gen NXT rather than the next announcement specifically.

I don't get this talk of high end devices being announced next month and then another announcement later on for another flagship device, but before the end of the year and release by end of the year. Could imagine people ragefitting after buying whatever highend device gets announced and then having this "X" or whatever announced and released directly after it.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 07:09
Oh if those rumours about the Xperia Z were true I think I'd have to give in and get it. Sadly, I doubt they are true, unless Sony has been REALLY good at keeping these models under wraps. I'm honestly expecting something like that to be shown at CES 2013 rather than later this year, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it does show up.

I do wonder what else we might see at IFA. Reports from earlier this year indicated that Sony might once again show off its next gen Crystal LED TV tech at IFA. While we don't have any information at all suggesting CLED TV could be miniaturized for smart phone and tablet use where super high pixel densities are needed, one could hope it'll one day be possible. CLED should give OLED a run for its money in the TV world, and could do so in the mobile world as well.

Plus with the impending release of at least a Sony Android tablet and possibly a Windows based one, I hope we'll get to see something about those at IFA as well. The next month can't go by fast enough!
bronxdude
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 07:14
if that xperia Z will come true, ill get it in a snap. I just wish it is true.

Just give it a killer design, and that transparent strip
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 07:26
Hmm... well we know that come October 1st that Sony Mobile will be moving HQ from Sweeden to Japan. From what I gather, any and all phones we're seeing now are the results of the work done in Sweeden. Do we have any info indicating that work on mobiles was also underway in Japan seperate from the Sweeden team for the past several+ months?

I don't know if that question makes much sense, but a lot of the "inside info" we get on this forum and XDA seem to come from people who are closely tied to the Sweeden operation - correct me if I'm wrong. All of those people seem to dismiss the Xperia Z rumours with all its high end specs as rubbish, which is why the rest of us also think that, but hope they're true. Now *IF* the Xperia Z rumours are true, then maybe it's being developed by a seperate team in Japan. It might explain why the insiders who roam these forums have no knowledge about such a phone... unless of course they do know and just aren't allowed to say anything... oh how I hate all this speculation... makes me sound like a conspiracy nut

Anyways, just gonna sit back and wait for the end of August. Do we have any expectations of mobile related announcements occuring before then?
Tejstar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 09:20
Sony LT30p ‘Mint’ fully unveiled and previewed

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]-fully-unveiled-and-previewed/
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-07-26 09:26
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen! Come on, look at this:

And people said the S3 was ugly! It's pure beauty compared to Sony's piece of crap... It lacks any symmetry and it's shapes are absolutely disproportionate!
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 09:57
It's actually better looking than those pictures make you think.
what I am asking myself is more: why wait another couple of months if you can get an equal phone with better materials already now? e.g. the HTC one s or x?

vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 10:05
I guess rumours of it having a metal back were either mistaken or there will be different versions of the Mint.

It is pretty much what I expected though. As such, I shall sit tight and wait for the 2013 lineup.

It's hard to tell, but can anyone make out if it has an arc design?
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2012-07-26 09:06 ]
rog
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 10:13
It has a little arc, yes
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 10:15
It has an arc design......and its still ugly. Not a bad device though, good performer if you look at it as an all rounder phone. The Xperia S/U/P designs are way better though, very distinctive.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 10:18

On 2012-07-26 10:13:28, rog wrote:
It has a little arc, yes

Thanks for the reply.I do wonder if this will be the last of the Sony Ericsson phones. I am holding out hope for some boundary pushing devices from Sony at CES.
Tejstar
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 10:32

On 2012-07-26 10:05:42, vivftp wrote:
I guess rumours of it having a metal back were either mistaken or there will be different versions of the Mint.

According to Xperia Blog there will be:

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]details-on-the-sony-lt30-mint/
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-07-26 10:43
Before everyone starts screaming ugly remember when Mobile Review previewed Xperia Arc. I remember we all thought it was fugly as hell and we started complaining how x10 was sooo much better looking. Arc is imo one of the best S(E) designs ever made and a lot of people agree with me.

Mobile review has a way of taking photos that make phones look like shit, Ill wait until we see some offiicial photos before I comment on the design
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 207208209 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic