Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 12:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-01-07 12:30:00, randomuser wrote:
Ok guys so let's suppose for a moment that Sony is not launching any walkman phone. Then why else would Sony Ericsson Facebook talk about a exciting new SONY gadget like no other, then talk about the Walkman brand and say that Walkman is going to change your life once again ?

Please show me where the Sony Ericsson facebook page mentions this.

All I can see is, this from Sony Switzerland and Austria.

and this also from Sony Switzerland and Austria!

Yes Sony bought Ericsson share etc, but they have no where suggested this will be a mobile device?! and at this point in time SE still exists!
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 13:03
Again,the problem is not the specs,but the pricing.If phones like k700,k750,w800,k800,w850 launched above 500euros,they would never become best sellers."Nozomi" has good specs(screen,camera,memory),but has quite an average processor(msm8660) that doesnt justify the 600euro price that will probably ask for.
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 13:15
I don't know whether to believe if there is a top-end Walkman phone coming, but if it has 64GB and all the features of the new Android Walkman players, I will buy it the second it comes out.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 13:23

On 2012-01-07 13:03:33, nikos_se wrote:
Again,the problem is not the specs,but the pricing.If phones like k700,k750,w800,k800,w850 launched above 500euros,they would never become best sellers."Nozomi" has good specs(screen,camera,memory),but has quite an average processor(msm8660) that doesnt justify the 600euro price that will probably ask for.

But I wonder, do the majority of people know that? I think for most people the knowledge is as far as single, dual or quad core. So whether there is one type of dual core processor better then another dual core processor I don't know if people would know (or care, or want to research more in detail) which is why Apple call their chip A4, A5 etc. which is simple to understand...where as screen and camera etc. stand out because they are what is used in the advertisements when selling phones and comparing them.

The ad for this phone wont be:

The new Sony Xperia ION featuring an HD Reality display, a powerful Exmor-r for mobile 12MP camera and a lightening fast Qualcomm 1.5GHz dual core MSM8660 processor chip

but rather just 'a lightening fast 1.5GHz dual core processor'...
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 13:28

On 2012-01-07 12:59:39, adsada wrote:

Ok guys so let's suppose for a moment that Sony is not launching any walkman phone. Then why else would Sony Ericsson Facebook talk about a exciting new SONY gadget like no other, then talk about the Walkman brand and say that Walkman is going to change your life once again ?

Yes Sony bought Ericsson share etc, but they have no where suggested this will be a mobile device?! and at this point in time SE still exists!

See this !
http://www.facebook.com/sonyericsson.in?sk=wall

Sony Ericsson India Official Facebook Page NOT Sony.

Post 1 :
Introduced in 1979, Walkman is a Sony brand tradename originally used for portable audio cassette players. It brought a remarkable change as it allowed people to carry music with them.

Why am I telling you this!
Because the same name, Walkman, is going to change things again.
Are you ready to Live a Walkman life?

Post 2:
I hate my job. I want to share this awesome news with you about a Sony gadget. This gadget is unlike any other. It is the bee's knees.
But my boss has told me to wait till we launch it. It hurts to wait because I know how much you will love it.

And about your last post, sure consumers do not know about specific CPUs but by the time nozomi launches there will be quad core flagship phones out and in front of such phones Nozomi is no more than a outdated "mid range" 2012 device.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-07 12:32 ]
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 13:29
MWC will have other stuff that not many people have talked about, I'm thinking the big boy will be there. CES will show something that is very good, Sony's influence will be quite obvious at CES and you'll get a taste or idea of what their phones will focus on once disappears. This years devices are very good, others are doing quad core (late releases maybe) but two of the cores will be useless since we're not at that level of usage yet so I would avoid those. Sony should have the best camera on a phone this year in terms of quality. Music on their phones will be vastly improved. The Nozomi looks way better with higher quality material. When you try the devices you'll get past the 'but so and so has a better processor' and as a package, Sony will give something that is brilliant. Samsung and HTC aren't improving on their weaknesses much, I don't think they are doing enough with theirs.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 13:42
@badassmam
Sony Walkman phone at CES or no ?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 14:01
Sorry! Sony Ericsson not same as Sony. Sony will definitely use the latest hardware in their phones. There is no reason to think Sony will skimp on latest hardware like Sony Ericsson. It is nothing but ridiculous to think that the maker of a stupidly powerful handheld console PS Vita will not use the latest hardware in their smartphones when there is so much at stake for them in the phone business.

Also they did not place orders for more Vita SoC for nothing. They ordered it for their phones and tablets obviously!

And mean no offence but there were similar arguments last year about single core vs dual core and we all know what happened to the Arc when everyone here said they do not need dual core and the GS2 and other devices left Arc wayyyy behind in terms of sales. Hardware specs DO matter no matter whether anyone personally cares or not. Outdated hardware = low sales.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-07 13:05 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 14:13

On 2012-01-07 13:28:09, randomuser wrote:

On 2012-01-07 12:59:39, adsada wrote:

See this !
http://www.facebook.com/sonyericsson.in?sk=wall

Sony Ericsson India Official Facebook Page NOT Sony.

Post 1 :
Introduced in 1979, Walkman is a Sony brand tradename originally used for portable audio cassette players. It brought a remarkable change as it allowed people to carry music with them.

Why am I telling you this!
Because the same name, Walkman, is going to change things again.
Are you ready to Live a Walkman life?

Post 2:
I hate my job. I want to share this awesome news with you about a Sony gadget. This gadget is unlike any other. It is the bee's knees.
But my boss has told me to wait till we launch it. It hurts to wait because I know how much you will love it.

And about your last post, sure consumers do not know about specific CPUs but by the time nozomi launches there will be quad core flagship phones out and in front of such phones Nozomi is no more than a outdated "mid range" 2012 device.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-07 12:32 ]

Your point was that the SE facebook page posted the 'spy' pics of the walkman device, which I am saying is not correct. Also SE played 2011 with the arc and had it competing as a high-end device against the big players like the SG2. I believe they will do this again this year, which although I would like to see them heavy competing I understand as they provide amazing user experience. Look at how they've skinned Android and the stuff they bring to consumers when upgrading the software, 3D panorama etc. where other companies just upgrade bringing nothing more then bug fixes. That's what makes a phone great, I have managed fine with my arc this year and can live with it happily without it being dual core because the phone has been tweaked to perfection so you don't notice it, and if you do it doesn't seem to matter...
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 14:33
By the way does anybody have a link to Sony live coverage except this? http://www.ustream.tv/sonyelectronics
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 14:36
Dual cores are just fine for this year.As long as they are in the 1.5-2Ghz range,and use powerful gpus.Nozomi,uses a soc that can already be found on htc sensation,a phone that was launched in may 2011(a whole 7-10 months before Nozomi will get announce/released).Sony/Sony Ericsson needs to understand that cpu/gpu/ram is what drives sales in the high-end market.If arc had a dual-core processor,it would have at least 50% more sales.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 14:42
@adsada
Sorry I never said that Sony Ericsson posted spy pics. You may have misread my post. I only mentioned posts by Sony Ericsson admin about a Sony gadget and then another post about a walkman device. Why do you think Sony Ericsson would do such a thing ?
I'd like to know your theory.
I mean if there was no Sony Walkman Phone why would sony ERICSSON post about a walkman device? If they are just promoting Sony since Sony owns them now, then why not promote Vaio, Bravia, Cybershot etc? Heck, leave those they can promote Sony tablets!!. But no they did none of that.

@Hamid

I already posted this link 2 pages back. This is the official Sony CES page with live webcast of the press conference on 9th
http://ces.blog.sony.com/
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-07 13:54 ]
juris15
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-07 15:20
Xperia Blog | First images of Sony Ericsson MT27i ‘Pepper’ leak

http://www.xperiablog.net/201[....]ce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

[ This Message was edited by: juris15 on 2012-01-07 14:23 ]
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 15:41
Is it just me? Or does the back of "Pepper" really looks ugly.
roanmy
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 15:57
That Pepper thing looks hideous. o_O
Currently NExus 4, but want Xperia ZR.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 171819 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic