Previous  123 ... 167168169 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 21:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-06-13 20:05:15, moogoo wrote:
if the Z is flagship, shouldn't that make it Mint?

also, that's great if it'll have cybershot optics from the T series. hope it's true!

Yes, that would mean it is the Mint. The question is would they announce it now for a September launch?

As for the optics from the T series, the picture (on the invite) does somehow seem to hint at a camera-centric phone, but the question is, are they going to use those optics?
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2012-06-13 20:15 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-06-13 22:02
i think using the cybershot optics would definitely give them the edge in the camera dept that they need to differentiate. i think it's unlikely that they'll swap out the LCD in the hayabusa for an OLED screen, but hey, if they do, then great. I don't care either way cause the LCD screens have always looked great.

I think if they announce Mint on the 20th, and release in september, it's along the same timeline of 3 months from announcement to release. Though, if they want to take the market by storm they should definitely push for a much earlier release. otherwise people are going to go for the SG3 instead of waiting.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 22:31

Yes, that would mean it is the Mint. The question is would they announce it now for a September launch?

As for the optics from the T series, the picture (on the invite) does somehow seem to hint at a camera-centric phone, but the question is, are they going to use those optics?
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2012-06-13 20:15 ]

I do have to wonder about the previously leaked roadmap and what's being rumoured. It's important to remember that this roadmap is only for India, so maybe there are other higher end phones that just won't be released there? Plus that roadmap technically did come out at a time when Sony Ericsson was still a thing and before SMC took charge and really began working with the rest of Sony. So as more times goes by, what are the chances that we'll see launched items differ from what was planned earlier this year?

Also, I wonder how Sonys stacked camera sensor would play with the optics from the T series Cybershots? I'm quite excited about the prospect as the T series at least has some degree of optical zoom. It's not a huge amount (about 5x), but it's still better than nothing!
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 22:50
This is from March 1st.

The Hayabusa as it’s codenamed, is rumoured to be the un-released and un-announced Snapdragon S4 1.5Ghz dual core Sony Xperia Z though nothing is concrete on that.

Based on the rumor from 3 months ago the Xperia Z could be the Hayabusa.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-13 23:32
Lol, all four models with s4? If that were true, it would mark the end of old ! But i dont think that would ever happen . Nxt Z sounds interesting tho, I hope its somewhat similar to vaio z which is like the best out there. Otherwise it doesnt deserve 'Z'.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 01:49
Well we could always fantasize about it... aluminum unibody, 13mp camera sensor with Cybershot T series optics + xenon flash, 4.6" 1280x720 OLED display, 2 gigs of RAM...

I would like to see other little things like it being waterproof/dustproof, gorilla glass 2 or dragontail glass, having an illumination bar like the Xperia U... it would be amazing though if we could get a flagship phone that was also drop-proof up to at least 5 feet.

The Z series VAIOs are all about packing the best of the best tech into a surprisingly small package, so I suppose it's possible it'll be a 4.3" display rather than a larger one, assuming of course the VAIO Z series is any reflection on the Xperia Z series.

Ah well, less than a week to go I suppose!
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2012-06-14 00:51 ]
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 02:41

On 2012-06-14 01:49:00, vivftp wrote:
Well we could always fantasize about it... aluminum unibody, 13mp camera sensor with Cybershot T series optics + xenon flash, 4.6" 1280x720 OLED display, 2 gigs of RAM...

I would like to see other little things like it being waterproof/dustproof, gorilla glass 2 or dragontail glass, having an illumination bar like the Xperia U...
[ This Message was edited by: vivftp on 2012-06-14 00:51 ]

Except for the aluminium part that is what I'm after from Sony. Something like that which is also shutter-proof like the mighty Xperia active with the S4 quad-core. I wouldn't complain much even if the camera is just the normal 13mp that is on the Hayabusa.

At some point Sony will have to flex its muscles and come up with an all round high-end phone, I really have a feeling that that moment is next year when they would have settled as Sony mobile.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
xenia
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 05:43
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sony-miro-st23i.shtml
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 07:01
Flexible WhiteMagic OLED screen is in the works...

http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony[....]n-with-whitemagic-like-matrix/
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 07:17

On 2012-06-14 07:01:31, argiriano wrote:
Flexible WhiteMagic OLED screen is in the works...

http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony[....]n-with-whitemagic-like-matrix/

Saw this recently and was excited to hear that Sony was still in the flexible OLED race. I loved their demo back in 2010, but we hadn't heard a peep from them since:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OvTLg4i2_U

With Samsungs recent flexible OLED showing where the thing is damn near invincible, I wonder if Sonys will be the same. IE if you hit your Sony flexible OLED with a hammer, will it survive without a scratch?

Not to mention I believe this is the first we've heard from Sony about white magic OLED, which is another thing I was really hoping they'd develop.

Me thinks 2013 is going to be a great year for screen tech on mobile devices... and probably TVs too considering rumours of Sony joining Samsung and LG in releasing OLED TVs, plus the possibility of CLED TVs next year too!
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 07:31
White Magic would be the perfect solution to the bluish tint exhibited by RGB OLED displays
10 years at Esato
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 14:55
Regarding the use of CyberShot T-Series lens there's one little glitch here

the T-Series CyberShot uses Carl-Zeiss lenses, which AFAIK Nokia has a exclusive deal with them for mobile phones... Sony Ericsson didn't have any agreement with them thats why CZ lens never find it's way to any SE phone...

but Sony as a company have a deal with CZ and it uses it's lenses on some of their CyberShot cameras... so I guess now that Sony Ericsson is no more and now only Sony... so they can use CZ lenses also without a need for another agreement...

there's only one different, Nokia does use Carl-Zeiss made lenses, but Sony doesn't... Sony licensed it's technology and using CZ patents and technology makes their own lenses and by the license also they use CZ name as the lenses are made using CZ technology...
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 16:28
I'm sorry to bring some bad news guys

LT30i/LT30a UAProf leaked. And the specs are

* MSM 8960 1.5 ghz (no PRO)
*1280x720 screen
* Bluetooth 3.1
* Android 4.0

So the Mint has nothing over the Hayabusa except LTE.

http://wap.sonymobile.com/UAprof/LT30atR701.xml
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-06-14 15:30 ]
Platia1
Sony Xperia TX
PM
Posted: 2012-06-14 16:47
Wow..quite frankly I don't care about whether or not it's running S4 Pro, if the announcement of the future of the S4 platform was anything to go by S4 Pro was not designed for mobile phones.

Either way, really don't care. S4 is better than S3 so a solid upgrade either way.
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-06-14 16:51
i don't care either. just bring that baby out to market SOON. the longer they way, the higher the chance people (including me) will wait to see what's coming next and delay buying. I can't afford to upgrade every 6 months
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 167168169 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic