UI of new xperia devices

Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-07 00:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-01-07 00:22:30, adsada wrote:

On 2012-01-07 00:03:12, NightBlade wrote:
@adsada: They downgraded the neo camera due to camera sensor shortages because of the Japan earthquake.

That's what I used to think, and might be true to a degree but if they were really wanted the 8MP sensors I am sure they could have sourced them somehow, and anyway didn't they source the sensors for the iPhone 4s?

I don't think the problem came down to sourcing them but rather producing them, correct me if I'm wrong but the backlit sensors are/wee produced only by Sony and only in that part of the world so disruption to that factory would not mean finding a new source but rebuilding the factory.

Also the iPhone thing is a bit different, there are many other things that could have determined who gets any stock available, such as price and contractual clauses. Apple could have had in their contract that they get first dibs on any stock and they may pay through the nose for it in which case who would blame Sony for making their profit. That's if the iPhone actually used the same Sony sensors at all, there are any conflicting reports on that too.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 01:42

On 2012-01-06 23:53:32, motvikt wrote:
It seems nyphon is the way to go 2012

Nozomi is a joke imo, sealed battery and micro sim but still bigger than arc. Hope they use the space for a BIG battery at least
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-01-06 22:54 ]

Yes, because it's an absolute joke that a phone with a larger screen should be larger than a phone with a smaller screen. Absolutely preposterous.
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 02:26

On 2012-01-07 00:55:02, Ricky D wrote:

On 2012-01-07 00:22:30, adsada wrote:

On 2012-01-07 00:03:12, NightBlade wrote:
@adsada: They downgraded the neo camera due to camera sensor shortages because of the Japan earthquake.

That's what I used to think, and might be true to a degree but if they were really wanted the 8MP sensors I am sure they could have sourced them somehow, and anyway didn't they source the sensors for the iPhone 4s?

I don't think the problem came down to sourcing them but rather producing them, correct me if I'm wrong but the backlit sensors are/wee produced only by Sony and only in that part of the world so disruption to that factory would not mean finding a new source but rebuilding the factory.

Also the iPhone thing is a bit different, there are many other things that could have determined who gets any stock available, such as price and contractual clauses. Apple could have had in their contract that they get first dibs on any stock and they may pay through the nose for it in which case who would blame Sony for making their profit. That's if the iPhone actually used the same Sony sensors at all, there are any conflicting reports on that too.

But you don't think it could have had something to do with differentiating the two products? I think that's a valid point. The ray and pro also came out around this time both with the 8MP sensors.
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
king-james
Sony Xperia Z Ultra
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 02:45

Maybe Nozomi doesn't look better than the Arc, but the specs are much better or?
But I must agree to some here, Nozomi doesnt give me the Wow Effect... But maybe at CES.
So let's wait just 2 more days.

Cheers!

More Pics here ---> http://bestboyz.de/sony-erics[....]d-zeigt-sich-in-voller-pracht/
[ This Message was edited by: king-james on 2012-01-07 01:52 ]
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 02:59
We know about these pics.

And I think the phone looks quite good. Considering most phones look like crap in spy shots compared to the official renders, I can't wait to see it when it's officially announced.

And I do agree that the arc's design is a tad more... interesting, but Nozomi's minimalism is growing on me. It kind of reminds me of my old K810 (with the glossy front and matte rubber and all).
[ This Message was edited by: NightBlade on 2012-01-07 01:59 ]
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 03:09

On 2012-01-07 01:42:20, lolstebbo wrote:

On 2012-01-06 23:53:32, motvikt wrote:
It seems nyphon is the way to go 2012

Nozomi is a joke imo, sealed battery and micro sim but still bigger than arc. Hope they use the space for a BIG battery at least
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-01-06 22:54 ]

Yes, because it's an absolute joke that a phone with a larger screen should be larger than a phone with a smaller screen. Absolutely preposterous.

Well yes, considering its only 0.1inch difference. But you maybe think 4.3 is much larger than 4.2? I don't
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 03:23

Wish i could rob all those stuff inside those Boxes

via
sevodoi.blogspot
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2012-01-07 02:26 ]
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 04:58
Official Sony CES blog with live broadcast of CES press conference, updates and more.

http://ces.blog.sony.com/
se_dude
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 06:40
Sony Ericsson India

Introduced in 1979, Walkman is a Sony brand tradename originally used for portable audio cassette players. It brought a remarkable change as it allowed people to carry music with them.

Why am I telling you this!
Because the same name, Walkman, is going to change things again.
Are you ready to Live a Walkman life?

So is the phone version of the Walkman confirmed?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 08:07
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
I knew it! Rog would not have posted the teaser pic of the "Walkman Z" if it was only about the global launch of the Z PMP.
Also another interesting this is that the earlier wall post said "I hate my job. I want to share this awesome news with you about a Sony gadget. This gadget is unlike any other. It is the bee's knees.
But my boss has told me to wait till we launch it. It hurts to wait because I know how much you will love it. "

Sony gadget and not Sony Ericsson. That must mean something right ?

So does this mean that the phone version of the Walkman Z will be the SONY flagship phone for first half of 2012 ? And the Sony Ericsson developed devices like Nozomi will be mid range offerings ?
Just hope they put in a Tegra 3 chip instead of the Tegra 2 in the PMP version

Update: Unknown13x just posted that Nozomi and others will have the Sony Ericsson logo and not SONY. So Sony Ericsson Facebook page talking about a SONY product and not Sony Ericsson only means there is going to be a SONY smartphone too with the Sony Ericsson ones to be announced on Tuesday.

I must say this is quite unexpected. I did not think Sony would have a smartphone ready in such a short notice.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-07 08:57 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-07 09:58
a phone version of the walkman Z would be great! really looking forward to monday!
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 10:11
"Play Watch Listen Share"

With slogan like this i still think 4 display tech will be the key Sony 2012 CES announcement.
It`s something really big after all - uninterrupted user expirience wherever you are and having all Sony brands at one place making Bravia, Playstation and Walkman look like sub-brands at CES 2012.

We`ll see...
[ This Message was edited by: argiriano on 2012-01-07 09:13 ]
kingcool88
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2012-01-07 10:56
From Unknown13x:

"Sorry guys, wrong dimensions for Nozomi LOL wrong file opened.

It will be this dimension 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3mm which is still under 12mm

Last tip until everything being revealed at CES January 9th. Nozomi's name will only have 1 letter So scratch all that HD stuff, it's getting old..."

So what phone was he writing about before?
SE cz
Sony Xperia Ion LT28at
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-01-07 11:37

On 2012-01-07 08:07:38, randomuser wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!
I knew it! Rog would not have posted the teaser pic of the "Walkman Z" if it was only about the global launch of the Z PMP.
Also another interesting this is that the earlier wall post said "I hate my job. I want to share this awesome news with you about a Sony gadget. This gadget is unlike any other. It is the bee's knees.
But my boss has told me to wait till we launch it. It hurts to wait because I know how much you will love it. "

Sony gadget and not Sony Ericsson. That must mean something right ?

So does this mean that the phone version of the Walkman Z will be the SONY flagship phone for first half of 2012 ? And the Sony Ericsson developed devices like Nozomi will be mid range offerings ?
Just hope they put in a Tegra 3 chip instead of the Tegra 2 in the PMP version

Update: Unknown13x just posted that Nozomi and others will have the Sony Ericsson logo and not SONY. So Sony Ericsson Facebook page talking about a SONY product and not Sony Ericsson only means there is going to be a SONY smartphone too with the Sony Ericsson ones to be announced on Tuesday.

I must say this is quite unexpected. I did not think Sony would have a smartphone ready in such a short notice.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-01-07 08:57 ]

Well, while Sony Ericsson will announce several of its last phones, Sony will (maybe) announce its first phone. Sounds logically in case, that Sony Ericsson brand will be "terminated" in mid-2012, so smooth crossing from Sony Ericsson to Sony is (maybe) started. And announcing Sony Walkman phone would be the right way. But who knows it exactly? Only speculation lol
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic