Previous  123 ... 122123124 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 01:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@lolstebbo

All I am asking is quad-band LTE which is not impossible to do. The region-based LTE frequency bands are just a suggestion and of course, the focus would only on markets with high demands for LTE and big time carriers. So what seems to be the problem with that? I did not say that Sony should release a phone with all the LTE frequency bands, or any cellphone maker for that matter! You will not find any device at the moment that support all the HSPA/HSDPA frequency bands even up to now. So why would one ask for with LTE?

@moogoo

How I wish Xperia GXi would come with quad-core 1.5ghz S4 SoC like the rumoured LG smartphone. Plus, the battery would be 3000 mAh and the screen would be the oxide-tft AMOLED screen from AUO. Of course, GXI would have unibody design with metal casing and waterproof coating! Everybody has a dream.

lolstebbo
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 01:43

On 2012-05-12 01:06:27, rss_ndrsn wrote:
@lolstebbo

All I am asking is quad-band LTE which is not impossible to do. The region-based LTE frequency bands are just a suggestion and of course, the focus would only on markets with high demands for LTE and big time carriers. So what seems to be the problem with that? I did not say that Sony should release a phone with all the LTE frequency bands, or any cellphone maker for that matter! You will not find any device at the moment that support all the HSPA/HSDPA frequency bands even up to now. So why would one ask for with LTE?

And it's unlikely to happen on a cell phone for a while. The issue isn't the silicon; there are baseband processors that support all of the possible LTE bands. The problem is the antennae. You could shoehorn in more antennae in a tablet since there's more area for you to distribute out the antennae. In a phone, however, you don't have that luxury of space. All the LTE phones released thus far are only dual-band and things will probably stay that way for a while.
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 01:46
That's is not much of a problem as long as you got single modem for voice and lte. Actually, it is the seperate chips for LTE and Voice that makes smartphone thicker not the antenna! Besides, LTE has been around for quite sometime and for sure many lte antenna designs have been made to fit in slim and small case.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-05-12 01:19 ]
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 02:19
The rumors about the LG "Eclips" suggest the following specs:
1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 by Qualcomm with four "Krait" cores and Adreno 320 GPU. The chipset will be paired with the MDM9615 baseband radio, which indicates the presence of multi-mode LTE (FDD and TDD).

That means that Sony once again will be left behind in the hardware department.
How can other phone maker use the latest and greatest and Sony cannot?
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-12 03:23
On the release schedule. They've obviously previewed these two handsets before they were ready to, hence the lack of official press shots from all sides and the "more info in coming months" line. I think the reason they're showing their hand early is due to the SGS3 being lacklustre and many Sony fans (including most in here for a day or so) were pleading with Sony to take the opportunity.

Well they've shown their capabilities for the second half of the year and it was important they did before too many got the SGS3 pre-orders in. This will give some a pause for thought. "If I can wait two more months I can pick up GX (I'm going to call it Arc 2.0), the follow up to the sexiest phone ever". That was certainly my thought and I was this close to ordering an HTC OneX. If the announcement was 1 month later Sony wouldn't have got my sale.. How many in here would have moaned if they bought another handset before realising they could have had a Arc 2?

On the release schedule, they pretty much published that many months ago, we know phones take a while to develop and we know SE cut crap loads of R&D last few years so it's very difficult to bring a release forward. Why is anyone surprised about the timing?

In my opinion, the mistake Sony is making is not dropping all the deadweight lines for deadweight markets. They should drop down to two or three devices. One like the GX, sexy and powerful, one like the SX, sturdy and including the features that need a bit more bulk and a Play device. Update each one once a year but spread the updates out through the year. i.e. the GX style handset in spring, SX in late Summer, Play before Christmas.

Spending the same in R&D, but on fewer devices will only be a good thing. The quality of handset will be greater and more emphasis will be on those phones. Also schedule like that which is stuck to will let the public know what to expect and when, which increases speculation and column inches (providing the previous couple generations were reasonable handsets, which currently they are).

EDIT: SGS3 is out already but just. I think my point still stands.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2012-05-12 02:29 ]
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-12 03:58
Can anyone say if we're likely to see a return of the old gallery feature for auto-tagging friends? I wonder why SE dropped it out of the X10 in subsequent updates. It seems to be a big feature Samsung are pushing with their new galaxy. SE were in there two years ago!
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 04:44
^I think that feature is part of the new Album app on GX and future Sony devices.

Anyway, what happened to the PlayMemories photo cloud from Sony? Will we ever see that on their smartphones?

razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 07:22

On 2012-05-12 02:19:10, DACHA wrote:
The rumors about the LG "Eclips" suggest the following specs:
1.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 by Qualcomm with four "Krait" cores and Adreno 320 GPU. The chipset will be paired with the MDM9615 baseband radio, which indicates the presence of multi-mode LTE (FDD and TDD).

That means that Sony once again will be left behind in the hardware department.
How can other phone maker use the latest and greatest and Sony cannot?

So the 13MP RBGW camera sensor of the GX which will soon arrive to the international version not the greatest? are processing cores/clockspeed all that matter now in the smartphone world?
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2012-05-12 06:24 ]
10 years at Esato
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-12 07:59
i think they dropped the auto tagging friends feature in the photo album because it was just too resource intensive and pretty much ran all the time, which drained battery life. I for once, LOVED that feature and certainly miss it a lot now. I hate looking through the album trying to find pictures of a particular person when before I could just look at their contact profile and all their tagged photos would come up. SO much easier.

i hope they bring it back.

moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 17:20
@RickyD

I will agree with you on Sony scaling down on the number of phones they release, this thing of too many different phones compromises a whole lot of things.

On the release schedule, I beg to disagree. These phones that are being released now are all still Sony Ericsson phones (Hayabusa included) and they knew well in advance that the dual-core S4 processor was coming and that they could get it just after HTC but they chose not to. Obviously, HTC will get first preference since Qualcomm is a shareholder in HTC but that doesn't mean SE couldn't have gotten the processor and worked on the Hayabusa for a June release.

I can only hope that they go with the quad-core S4 with the Mint (somehow I doubt it is going to happen that way) cause as much as we would like to believe that the Hayabusa is competitive enough to withstand the GSIII it is not. Sony cannot keep on lagging behind any longer cause it will only hurt their sales.

If the Mint is equipped with the quad-core S4 processor then I am getting without a second thought.

Drastic changes need to be enforced at Sony Mobile cause they are still doing things the same as at SE, not that it is a surprise as Sony was essentially in charge over at SE, but things have to change and change soon.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 19:27

On 2012-05-12 17:20:49, Dups! wrote:
@RickyD

I will agree with you on Sony scaling down on the number of phones they release, this thing of too many different phones compromises a whole lot of things.

On the release schedule, I beg to disagree. These phones that are being released now are all still Sony Ericsson phones (Hayabusa included) and they knew well in advance that the dual-core S4 processor was coming and that they could get it just after HTC but they chose not to. Obviously, HTC will get first preference since Qualcomm is a shareholder in HTC but that doesn't mean SE couldn't have gotten the processor and worked on the Hayabusa for a June release.

I can only hope that they go with the quad-core S4 with the Mint (somehow I doubt it is going to happen that way) cause as much as we would like to believe that the Hayabusa is competitive enough to withstand the GSIII it is not. Sony cannot keep on lagging behind any longer cause it will only hurt their sales.

If the Mint is equipped with the quad-core S4 processor then I am getting without a second thought.

Drastic changes need to be enforced at Sony Mobile cause they are still doing things the same as at SE, not that it is a surprise as Sony was essentially in charge over at SE, but things have to change and change soon.

What you forget is that SGS3 in the US will have s4, same as GX, so it will be competitive there at least. The difference between the new exynos and s4 is not that big and if they are roughly equal cpu wise people will look at other features and how the device itself looks. Sony will be competitive imo
Karun
Sony Xperia Z
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-05-12 20:03
But they'll be late ..
For all Sony Mobile news:
Sony Mobile Evangelist
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 20:11

On 2012-05-12 20:03:31, Karun wrote:
But they'll be late ..

That's my whole point!

Also, not all of the US will receive the dual-core GSIII, those whose networks support LTE will get the Qualcomm equipped GSIII.

I wrote that Sony should have scheduled the release of the two Hayabusas (Japanese and International) for next month.

I also wished for a quad-core S4 Mint because by the time of its release it will have to contend with the likes of LG with that processor. I bet HTC will also be ready with their quad-core S4 phone.

So, how are Sony trying to compete when they are constantly behind every time?
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
DACHA
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 20:18
Is this fake?

http://antutulabs.com/Sony-Xperia-LT29i-Hayabusa

It shoes the LT29i with the MSM8960 Pro 1.5GHz CPU
smclion102
T610
PM
Posted: 2012-05-12 20:27
Is SONY in COMA ???
This is really pissing off every loyal fan all over the world we cant support/wait forever.. I am starting to Hate this Company they just keep talking and talking and talking and do nothing idiots. Cant they seriously show some improvements I am not asking for a better phone than S G III. I really want you to manufacture your phones quicker and send them to the market soon.SONY dont act like a fuc*ing Tortoise,seriously launching GX and SX first in Japan will make your company profitable ?? keep dreaming. And pls dont confuse us with too many phones.
SONY STFUP and GROWUP.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 122123124 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic