Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Sony Xperia Rumours 2012

Previous  123 ... 969798 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
stais
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 10:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'll just hope no one (including rss_ndrsn) answers to worfs message above so we don't restart that "discussion" again. Just drop it!

I think Hayabusa seems really interesting and I'm wondering if I'll want to replace my Xperia S once it's released. S4 instead of S3 is of course really nice, but I guess what would seal the deal is Xenon... and sadly, Xenon rumours are nowhere to be seen Or have I missed something?
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 10:15

On 2012-04-19 10:05:16, motvikt wrote:
According to this Hayabusa cant have an amoled panel

http://www.oled-info.com/auo-[....]anel-specs-and-prices-revealed

"AUO will soon start producing 4" to 5" AMOLED panels (Q2 2012), aimed toward smartphone applications. Today Digitimes reveals some details about their first panels, the 4.3" qHD ones. "

I only speculated that the Hayabusa may have the AMOLED panel as the rumors mention Hayabusa having a 4.3 inch screen. The original rumors mention nothing about an AMOLED panel.

Though of course it may have been a mistake and hayabusa may have a 4.55" screen as was mentioned earlier.

But at the same time we must note that AUO will be manufacturing AMOLED panels between 4-5" and the 4.3" qHD screen is just one of the many panels they will start making. So there is still chance of a 4.3" or 4.55" 1280x720 AMOLED screen in the Hayabusa. And the Mint too as that has a 5 inch screen.

There is also a report that Sony will be buying ALL of AUO's OLED production for its mobile phones. So its highly likely that both Hayabusa and Mint will have the AUO-SONY AMOLED screen.

@stais

As it seems now, there won't be any Sony device with Xenon this year.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-19 09:16 ]
stais
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 10:27

On 2012-04-19 10:15:49, randomuser wrote:

@stais

[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-19 09:16 ]

Yeah.. figured as much.

What about "pro-versions", ie with physical qwerty? It's something I don't really get. I'm under the impression that they don't sell too well (for any manufacturer), but personally I'd much prefer to have a physical keyboard for texting/e-mailing, as long as other specs were the same (ie flagship model instead of mid range as has been before). Thickness would be an issue of course, but for me it'd be worth it. What's your take?
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 10:31

On 2012-04-19 10:15:31, stais wrote:
I'll just hope no one (including rss_ndrsn) answers to worfs message above so we don't restart that "discussion" again. Just drop it!

I think Hayabusa seems really interesting and I'm wondering if I'll want to replace my Xperia S once it's released. S4 instead of S3 is of course really nice, but I guess what would seal the deal is Xenon... and sadly, Xenon rumours are nowhere to be seen Or have I missed something?

I already stop this, he keep going on and going on and , so i stop already time ago but he put provocative nickname in this forum so stop already time ago

Xenon will not come this year, that I'm sure but there is hope.
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 11:23
I dont get it...Xperia S sales are really strong and the phone gets good reviews.Why will Sony replace it so soon with Hayabusa?If Haybusa comes with a 4.3-4.5" HD oled panel,12mp+ camera,Snapdragon S4 and slimmer body then it will kill all Xperia S sales potential.Also the rumored price(479eur) is exactly the price of Xperia S.Unless,they plan to drop Xperia S price below 400eur and re-position it as a mid-high device(ala K700,K750,K800,etc),then i believe that there must be a feature(screen/camera resolution,etc) that Xperia S will have over Hayabusa.
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 11:24

On 2012-04-19 10:27:43, stais wrote:

On 2012-04-19 10:15:49, randomuser wrote:

@stais

Yeah.. figured as much.

What about "pro-versions", ie with physical qwerty? It's something I don't really get. I'm under the impression that they don't sell too well (for any manufacturer), but personally I'd much prefer to have a physical keyboard for texting/e-mailing, as long as other specs were the same (ie flagship model instead of mid range as has been before). Thickness would be an issue of course, but for me it'd be worth it. What's your take?

I guess you are right, they don't sell that well. But Rog mentioned there will be a QWERTY keyboard device this year, but its quite likely it will be a mid range handset and not a high end one.

@nikos_se

I guess that is what Sony is gonna do. Lower the XS price and position it as an upper mid range device. Which is probably why it was priced quite low in the first place.
And at a lower price point, the Xperia S will keep selling like hot cakes no doubt. And with the Hayabusa, Sony will have an answer to the Galaxy S3, HTC One X and the LG Prada with S4.

Also the camera on the Hayabusa is expected to be a 13 megapixel unit EXMOR R sensor.
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-19 10:28 ]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 12:50
Judging by the leaked roadmap this is what it's gonna happen.Also,If the leaked roadmap is true,it's also safe to say that Hayabusa isnt gonna be replaced anytime soon,since Mint is going to have similar processor but bigger screen.It's been a while since Sony (Ericsson) was competitive spec to spec.It seems losing billions really helped change their mind.
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-19 13:01
There still is and always will be a market for hardware keyboards and when RIM finally shut up shop (or their patents get bought for a few pence by someone) their regular customers will be looking for a new product. We will probably see a small fight in this sector then and until then (or just before) manufacturers will keep the R&D for keyboard products to a minimum.

I think Xperia S is already over priced and should be below 400 Euro. It doesn't hold much special at all in the market at the moment. The sooner Hayabusa comes out the better regardless of whether or not it steps on the toes of the current portfolio.

OT and contrary to my above statement: I was down n the electronics market in Beijing today and noticed a small change in the tide. Usually the Chinese flood for the piePhones with any other phone by any other manufacturer being classified as 'other'. If you have the money buy an iPhone is the mentality and advice the stall owners give. Today though was different. I was waiting for a iPad (not for me, for my mother-in-law) and the sales assistant pointed clearly at the Xperia S and said it is the best phone out at the minute and that he (and others) are recommending it ahead of the iPhone. With China being such a huge market we might see Sony's fortunes change if this kind of trend continues for the rest of the year.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 13:23
Yeah Xperia S is definiteely selling really well, would be great if sony too would come out and tell how much they sold. I have seen it go out of stock several times, and many shops even recommend that instead of one x.
I would like to point out that going by the leaked roadmap, the availability of xperia s was a month later than on that chart. So the timings taken off of them shouldnt really be accurate.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-19 13:38
That month delay could have been down to the last minute call to rebrand it Sony instead of Sony Ericsson? Hayabusa wouldn't have such an issue if, as suggested, it is the 'first' Sony device.
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 13:40

On 2012-04-19 13:01:40, Ricky D wrote:
There still is and always will be a market for hardware keyboards and when RIM finally shut up shop (or their patents get bought for a few pence by someone) their regular customers will be looking for a new product. We will probably see a small fight in this sector then and until then (or just before) manufacturers will keep the R&D for keyboard products to a minimum.

I think Xperia S is already over priced and should be below 400 Euro. It doesn't hold much special at all in the market at the moment. The sooner Hayabusa comes out the better regardless of whether or not it steps on the toes of the current portfolio.

OT and contrary to my above statement: I was down n the electronics market in Beijing today and noticed a small change in the tide. Usually the Chinese flood for the piePhones with any other phone by any other manufacturer being classified as 'other'. If you have the money buy an iPhone is the mentality and advice the stall owners give. Today though was different. I was waiting for a iPad (not for me, for my mother-in-law) and the sales assistant pointed clearly at the Xperia S and said it is the best phone out at the minute and that he (and others) are recommending it ahead of the iPhone. With China being such a huge market we might see Sony's fortunes change if this kind of trend continues for the rest of the year.

The Xperia S is already very cheap here in Sweden at least. Arc had a much higher price. The S is priced as a high mid-end here. One X costs 200euro more for example
[ This Message was edited by: motvikt on 2012-04-19 12:44 ]
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 13:50
Well,we all have to agree that so far the leaked roadmap has gotten the prices and releases right.Xperia U,xperia P and xperia Sola are about to get released at the prices they were suggested on the leaked roadmap.That means that next month we could see annoucements of olive,hayabusa,tapioca,tapioca DS and Lotus. Atlas,AFFM and Mint could be announced at IFA 2012.
drec
Xperia Arc Silver
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 14:07
Wasn't there a rumour about Sony making the next Nexus device? Also with, again, rumours about android jelly bean appearing in Q3 2012, Hayabusa Nexus perhaps?

Or just wishful thinking...
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 14:30
^
IIRC That wasn't a rumor but someone just wrote an article about the possibility of Sony making the next Nexus device.

On topic, rumors also mentioned two 3.5" FWVGA screen devices. Possibly the Tapioca and Tapioca_DS
[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-19 13:31 ]
aamwng
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-04-19 15:16

On 2012-04-19 13:38:50, Ricky D wrote:
That month delay could have been down to the last minute call to rebrand it Sony instead of Sony Ericsson? Hayabusa wouldn't have such an issue if, as suggested, it is the 'first' Sony device.

LT29i will most likely be delayed because of the production halt last month, hopefully it won't effect it that much... I long for the day when Sony Ericsson/ Sony is back in the competitive scene.

http://www.slashgear.com/28nm-production-halt-could-delay-snapdragon-s4-products-09217680/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 969798 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic