Btw, in before worf comes screaming about "Sonys hidden power"
koss
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 16:24
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-04-16 12:19:07, smclion102 wrote:
How It All Went Wrong For Sony

The New York Times ran a wonderful feature over the weekend about the firm's decline. It's worth reading in full, but here's a taste:

"What went wrong is a tale of lost opportunities and disastrous infighting. It is also the story of a proud company that was unwilling or unable to adapt to realities of the global marketplace.

"Sony's gravest mistake was that it failed to ride some of the biggest waves of technological innovation in recent decades: digitalization, a shift toward software and the importance of the Internet.

"One by one, every sphere where the company competed - from hardware to software to communications to content - was turned topsy-turvy by disruptive new technology and unforeseen rivals. And these changes only highlighted the conflicts and divisions within Sony."

The New York Times ...
[ This Message was edited by: smclion102 on 2012-04-16 11:19 ]

Great article. Sony needs to learn from samsung.. !!!
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 16:34

On 2012-04-15 09:37:24, rss_ndrsn wrote:
I already stopped commenting about that OLED issue. The thing is wort1000 does not seem to be ready to drop the issue. The thread had been free of posts about that silly topic until wort1000 brought it up again. So it is not really my fault.

Anyway, IGZO LCD screens from Sharp have just been announced. Will Sony's new screen technology be announced next? I am quite excited to see what Sony has to offer. It has been almost 8 years since Sony released a device with very good screen that is way ahead of its time.

Kid, just get lost......................."So it is not really my fault." just get over it!!! Next time never put your interpretation in my mouth please.

IGZO LCD is only for 7" if i not mistaken, i have to say Sharp make good displays as well.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-04-16 15:37 ]
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 16:40

On 2012-04-16 16:24:58, koss wrote:

The New York Times ran a wonderful feature over the weekend about the firm's decline. It's worth reading in full, but here's a taste:

"What went wrong is a tale of lost opportunities and disastrous infighting. It is also the story of a proud company that was unwilling or unable to adapt to realities of the global marketplace.

"Sony's gravest mistake was that it failed to ride some of the biggest waves of technological innovation in recent decades: digitalization, a shift toward software and the importance of the Internet.

"One by one, every sphere where the company competed - from hardware to software to communications to content - was turned topsy-turvy by disruptive new technology and unforeseen rivals. And these changes only highlighted the conflicts and divisions within Sony."

The New York Times ...

Great article. Sony needs to learn from samsung.. !!!

Sony don't get Government support all those years what Samsung and LG did.
So give me some example to learn from Samsung?
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 16:48

The New York Times ...

What a stupid article.

"Sony's gravest mistake was that it failed to ride some of the biggest waves of technological innovation in recent decades: digitalization, a shift toward software and the importance of the Internet."

What was failed to the ride of technological innovation ? why not give some example?

"What went wrong is a tale of lost opportunities and disastrous infighting. It is also the story of a proud company that was unwilling or unable to adapt to realities of the global marketplace"

Typical those well knowing story's without any proof, ND AGAIN no single arguments about that.

"One by one, every sphere where the company competed - from hardware to software to communications to content - was turned topsy-turvy by disruptive new technology and unforeseen rivals. And these changes only highlighted the conflicts and divisions within Sony.""

I think rivals like Samsung and LG who get government support almost a decade and mass infringement of patents from other companies.

The whole article is so stupid and selective as hell.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-04-16 15:48 ]
mediar
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-16 18:12
^^

On 2012-04-16 15:59:49, motvikt wrote:
Btw, in before worf comes screaming about "Sonys hidden power"

Irony.

And again - they say that something hasn't happened and you want a proof? Really? So if I tell you that today I haven't met no a single alien, you'll want a proof?
The best mobile phone brand died with Sony Ericsson's death. Shame on you Sony for killing it! And, of course, for ruining the Xperia brand...
Mediar's Site
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 20:14

On 2012-04-16 16:34:18, worf1000 wrote:

Kid, just get lost......................."So it is not really my fault." just get over it!!! Next time never put your interpretation in my mouth please.

IGZO LCD is only for 7" if i not mistaken, i have to say Sharp make good displays as well.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-04-16 15:37 ]

I really do not want to get down your level. You are just plain stupid who cannot grasp a simple "fact". You're stupidity is terminal. There is nothing that can be done with it.

I am actually thankful that the thread moderator has not deleted our posts. So that when Sony announces in Hayabusha in May, I do not know how are you going to recover from big shame caused by your inability to understand OLED screens.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-16 19:21 ]
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 20:55
God, are there no moderators on this forum?

Give them a little rest to cool down and give the rest of us the hope back to open this thread to find new and interesting posts!
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-16 21:54
Lets move the screen debate to other thread, and I have already created one. Pls post there! Also its kind of weird to see 2 adults argue like kids! I dont mean to offend anyone, but you guys are making fun out of yourselfs! We can argue with logic and sense, but when you start bickering and mocking each other then its childish and not interesting to read.

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=203901
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-04-17 00:30

On 2012-04-14 02:48:31, Ricky D wrote:
@goldenface that's nice to see. What did you put in there? Notice only 7/12 of the features there are gaming specific. I think the real aim of the survey is find out whether or not they can get away with a sh!t-hot Playstation certified phone.

Imagine if everyone who fills that survey thinks "I know Sony have lacked a big screen, multi-core processors and world LTE so I'll put those first.". To Sony it will look like no-one prioritises the Playstation-ness and Play 2 will be downgraded to 'just another android' so as to not devalue the Playstation name.

I think it's obvious what the Play2 should really be. It should be a PS Vita that doesn't look ridiculous if you hold it to your ear to make a phone call.

That's my reckoning too.

I prioritised Quad, HD screen and analogue sticks as well as connection to the PS network. The HD screen is very important but I also think the device should be 60 - 70% gaming, as a device.

The reason for this is because if it is marketed as a smartphone more than a gaming device, reviewers complain that the device is 'too thick', like they did with the Xperia PLAY, even though the phone packed in a very good and sturdy game pad. I mean, how can you fit such a gamepad on to a phone and expect it to be as thin as the average smartphone.

Regarding the screen size, I'd still be happy with 4". As long as it's HD then the quality will be nice and sharp.
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-18 05:57

On 2012-04-16 16:48:19, worf1000 wrote:

What a stupid article.

I think rivals like Samsung and LG who get government support almost a decade and mass infringement of patents from other companies.

The whole article is so stupid and selective as hell.
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-04-16 15:48 ]

Why doesn't Japan complain to the WTO about South Korea's support for Samsung then ?
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-04-18 09:32
^lol. First, 100% OLED screen and now this! Whew. What's next?
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-04-18 12:01
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2012-04-18 16:14
Please guys, this is a rumor thread not a screen one.. if you want open another thread in the correct forum...

peoples comes here to see and discuss about Sony mobiles rumors not about screens technology and which one is better... if it was just an opinion no problem with that but to change the whole thread to screen discussing sorry about that.. but it's just too much...
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-18 16:59
When do you think the next sony announcement will be? may 3 is when galaxy s3 will be announced, an both lg and motorola are working to rival that, What about sony? I personally feel they might use the e3 to announce something as play 2 or vita phone lol..
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 949596 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic