Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 21:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-04-10 21:02:50, ^^HAMID^^ wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]c&context=G27cd72dRVAAAAAAAABA

check this out!

Xperia S run on Android 2.3.7 and HTC One run at ICS OS
I have to say, The quadcore run very good and fast.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 21:50
I really like the SLCD 2 screen of HTC One X. It beats the Xperia S handsdown. I hope Sony use a better screen on their future high-end smartphones.

Anyway, have you guys noticed in that video the Xperia S and One X almost have the same length. I just hope Sony designers use the space better in their design. The chin is just annoying and I can't still figure out its purpose. There is a lot of wasted space in the Xperia 2012 line-up so far. Please Sony, listen to me.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 21:56
How could the XS screen be improved? I thought it was getting rave reviews for sunlight legibility and sharpness and even in the video above it looked pretty bright.
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 22:28
you know wortoff there is no such thing as a 100% OLED in the context you believe in. All the OLED screen you see now including AMOLED are 100 % percent OLED. Why, because these screens have organic materials in them. Sony is developing an AMOLED screen not 100% OLED as you keep on insisting. Sony uses the name OLED I guess because they have not come up with a name that would differentiate their OLED technology from others.

Actually the link you gave us about Auo, that company uses oxide-tft backplane for the large TV models. So that makes the screen undoubtedly AMOLED as it uses a tft backplane. I hope I was able to help you grasp how OLED works and clear whatever confusions you have about it.y
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 22:42

On 2012-04-10 21:50:07, rss_ndrsn wrote:
I really like the SLCD 2 screen of HTC One X. It beats the Xperia S handsdown. I hope Sony use a better screen on their future high-end smartphones.

Anyway, have you guys noticed in that video the Xperia S and One X almost have the same length. I just hope Sony designers use the space better in their design. The chin is just annoying and I can't still figure out its purpose. There is a lot of wasted space in the Xperia 2012 line-up so far. Please Sony, listen to me.

completely agree. Way to much wasted space in Xperia S overall. They could have fitted a much bigger battery in there also, the double backplate is so stupid. Also we here at esato, including me, have always made fun of HTC and their attempts to make a good camera. Well now they have a better camera with one X than Sony which have not innovated their camera tech in 5years apart from upping the megapixel count. Sony really needs to step their game up with Hayabusa or they will loose even more market share. Really hope the rumours about Hayabusa having a arc 2.0 design are true. Arc was a great design
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 22:44

On 2012-04-10 21:56:48, goldenface wrote:
How could the XS screen be improved? I thought it was getting rave reviews for sunlight legibility and sharpness and even in the video above it looked pretty bright.

My friends have HTC One X and Xperia S, and I have iPhone 4. We compared the screens of our phones and Xperia S came out as the loser. Both iPhone 4 and HTC One X have better brightness and viewing angle, not to mention color reproduction. Those are the three things that Sony has to improve on the screen of their future high-end devices.
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-11 08:43 ]
rickster2kuk
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 23:06
Agree on the viewing angle aspect, Sony always have been short in the department, but who looks at their phone side on? Regarding colours and brightness, not sure what your getting at there - can't say X S brightness any worse from iPhone 4 or One X.

You need to bear in mind the One X used AMOLED which is a totally different type of screen - unless Sony use this in their next phone (which they are likely to) I can't see how they could improve the X S screen.

X S screen has universally been praised for a LCD panel.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 00:10

On 2012-04-10 22:28:56, rss_ndrsn wrote:
you know wortoff there is no such thing as a 100% OLED in the context you believe in. All the OLED screen you see now including AMOLED are 100 % percent OLED. Why, because these screens have organic materials in them. Sony is developing an AMOLED screen not 100% OLED as you keep on insisting. Sony uses the name OLED I guess because they have not come up with a name that would differentiate their OLED technology from others.

Actually the link you gave us about Auo, that company uses oxide-tft backplane for the large TV models. So that makes the screen undoubtedly AMOLED as it uses a tft backplane. I hope I was able to help you grasp how OLED works and clear whatever confusions you have about it.y

If you can't type my nickname correctly boy, don't play the smart boy.
You and your so-called all know better are deeply wrong, AMoled is not pure Oled technique it use TFT it means "thin film transistor (liquid) crystal displays" Oled means "Organic Light Emitting Diode"

Let me give you some Oled structure.

1 Cathode
2 Emissive ( Organic Molecules or Polymers)
3 Conductive layer (Organic Molecules or Polymers)
4 Anode
5 Substrate

I see no single Active Matrix mention (Active Matrix) means (Active matrix is a type of addressing scheme used in flat panel displays) it can also use in Oled related screens that call AMoled or SAMoled. But still not 100% Oled displays.

And as i said before, Sony is still develop Oled technique for a long time long before Samsung or LG did.
I rest my case
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 01:09
Sorry for not getting your username right. I am being dyslexic.

Do you even hear what you are saying? You really are confused about TFT technology. LCD or Liquid Crystal Display as you mentioned can also have thin-film-transistor. IT is different from AMOLED screen. AMOLED is OLED and TFT LCD is LCD.

Please read:
"TFT LCD is a variant of liquid crystal display (LCD) which uses thin-film transistor (TFT) technology to improve image quality (e.g., addressability, contrast). TFT LCD is one type of Active matrix LCD, though all LCD-screens are based on TFT active matrix addressing. TFT LCDs are used in television sets, computer monitors, mobile phones, handheld video game systems, personal digital assistants, navigation systems, projectors, etc." wikipedia

That's why you most of the time will see in the phone specs TFT LCD screen. It is the most widely use type of LCD screen for mobile phones.

The TFT that I am mentioning is a component that makes up the AMOLED screen.

Please read:
"An AMOLED display consists of an active matrix of OLED pixels that generate light upon electrical activation that have been deposited or integrated onto a thin film transistor (TFT) array, which functions as a series of switches to control the current flowing to each individual pixel.[5]

Typically, this continuous current flow is controlled by at least two TFTs at each pixel, one to start and stop the charging of a storage capacitor and the second to provide a voltage source at the level needed to create a constant current to the pixel and eliminating the need for the very high currents required for passive matrix OLED operation.[6]

TFT backplane technology is crucial in the fabrication of AMOLED displays. Two primary TFT backplane technologies, namely polycrystalline silicon (poly-Si) and amorphous silicon (a-Si), are used today in AMOLEDs. These technologies offer the potential for fabricating the active matrix backplanes at low temperatures (below 150°C) directly onto flexible plastic substrates for producing flexible AMOLED displays.[7]"

Do you understand now what I am trying to point out?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How amoled is not pure OLED technique? OLED cannot function without the two addressing schemes namely: Passive-matrix and Active-matrix. Without these two, OLED screen cannot function. The same case as LCD, TFT LCD is a variant of LCD but it still "pure LCD technique." That's just putting my point in your own words!

You probably pertaining to PMOLED which does not require TFT backplane. But no one has ever made it bigger than TDK's 3.5" flexible PMOLED screen with 256x64 resolution. I do not think anyone would as AMOLED is the way to go at the moment.

And Sony is not developing pure OLED technique and whatsoever crap that you are saying. This is what SOny is developing: and AMOLED screen that uses oxide-TFT backplane. Hence, the rumour of Sony collaborating with AUO.

Please read:
http://www.oled-info.com/sony-official-well-release-oled-tvs-2013

It is really about time to rest your case and listen to the truth. Frankily, you have embarrassed yourself enough. Remember, Sony is developing AMOLED screen with oxide-TFT backplane. So again do not confuse this to TFT LCD because AMOLED is not a variant of LCD. So having said that, we might see Hayabusha with AMOLED oxide-TFT technology (I guess this is identical to the rumoured iPhone 5's IGZO screen as oxide-TFT technology is quite the same.) I hope this time you get it! If not, well, as the saying goes, "there really isn't a cure for stupidity".
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-11 00:17 ]
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 01:20

On 2012-04-10 23:06:34, rickster2kuk wrote:
Agree on the viewing angle aspect, Sony always have been short in the department, but who looks at their phone side on? Regarding colours and brightness, not sure what your getting at there - can't say X S brightness any worse from iPhone 4 or One X.

You need to bear in mind the One X used AMOLED which is a totally different type of screen - unless Sony use this in their next phone (which they are likely to) I can't see how they could improve the X S screen.

X S screen has universally been praised for a LCD panel.

HTC Ones X has a SuperLCD 2 screen which is a variant of LCD. It is not AMOLED!
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 01:41
[This is going way off topic, I am not following these much as of now, but oled and amoled are similar but not same, sony was the first to have oled tvs commercially avialable, and they heavily invested in oled but then stopped to focus on lcd(due to losses and high prices), the next focus for sony is crystal lcd and whitemagic. Crystal lcd seems to be the route sony will take with bravia line instead of amoled, until oled further evolves/gets cheaper to produce. Atleast thats the picture i get from when i was following.

Also, if you check out samsung's 55inch oled tv announced at ces 2012, they mention super oled and not super amoled hd + etc for it.]
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 02:10

On 2012-04-11 01:09:00, rss_ndrsn wrote:
Sorry for not getting your username right. I am being dyslexic.

Do you even hear what you are saying? You really are confused about TFT technology. LCD or Liquid Crystal Display as you mentioned can also have thin-film-transistor. IT is different from AMOLED screen. AMOLED is OLED and TFT LCD is LCD.

Please read:
"TFT LCD is a variant of liquid crystal display (LCD) which uses thin-film transistor (TFT) technology to improve image quality (e.g., addressability, contrast). TFT LCD is one type of Active matrix LCD, though all LCD-screens are based on TFT active matrix addressing. TFT LCDs are used in television sets, computer monitors, mobile phones, handheld video game systems, personal digital assistants, navigation systems, projectors, etc." wikipedia

That's why you most of the time will see in the phone specs TFT LCD screen. It is the most widely use type of LCD screen for mobile phones.

The TFT that I am mentioning is a component that makes up the AMOLED screen.

Please read:
"An AMOLED display consists of an active matrix of OLED pixels that generate light upon electrical activation that have been deposited or integrated onto a thin film transistor (TFT) array, which functions as a series of switches to control the current flowing to each individual pixel.[5]

Typically, this continuous current flow is controlled by at least two TFTs at each pixel, one to start and stop the charging of a storage capacitor and the second to provide a voltage source at the level needed to create a constant current to the pixel and eliminating the need for the very high currents required for passive matrix OLED operation.[6]

TFT backplane technology is crucial in the fabrication of AMOLED displays. Two primary TFT backplane technologies, namely polycrystalline silicon (poly-Si) and amorphous silicon (a-Si), are used today in AMOLEDs. These technologies offer the potential for fabricating the active matrix backplanes at low temperatures (below 150°C) directly onto flexible plastic substrates for producing flexible AMOLED displays.[7]"

Do you understand now what I am trying to point out?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How amoled is not pure OLED technique? OLED cannot function without the two addressing schemes namely: Passive-matrix and Active-matrix. Without these two, OLED screen cannot function. The same case as LCD, TFT LCD is a variant of LCD but it still "pure LCD technique." That's just putting my point in your own words!

You probably pertaining to PMOLED which does not require TFT backplane. But no one has ever made it bigger than TDK's 3.5" flexible PMOLED screen with 256x64 resolution. I do not think anyone would as AMOLED is the way to go at the moment.

And Sony is not developing pure OLED technique and whatsoever crap that you are saying. This is what SOny is developing: and AMOLED screen that uses oxide-TFT backplane. Hence, the rumour of Sony collaborating with AUO.

Please read:
http://www.oled-info.com/sony-official-well-release-oled-tvs-2013

It is really about time to rest your case and listen to the truth. Frankily, you have embarrassed yourself enough. Remember, Sony is developing AMOLED screen with oxide-TFT backplane. So again do not confuse this to TFT LCD because AMOLED is not a variant of LCD. So having said that, we might see Hayabusha with AMOLED oxide-TFT technology (I guess this is identical to the rumoured iPhone 5's IGZO screen as oxide-TFT technology is quite the same.) I hope this time you get it! If not, well, as the saying goes, "there really isn't a cure for stupidity".
[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-11 00:17 ]

I already know this, Active Matrix IS NOT a part of OLED technique it use in Oled technique, read my post again please i get the feeling you won't understand my post before you call somebody stupid BOY!!! And AMoled is not (oxide)-TFT technology.

An AMOLED display consists of OLED pixels that are (embedded in a thin film transistor) (TFT) that call men TFT array.
So, Active Matrix can use in Oled and is not 100% Oled technique.

I rest my case.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 02:14

On 2012-04-11 01:41:35, djin wrote:
[This is going way off topic, I am not following these much as of now, but oled and amoled are similar but not same, sony was the first to have oled tvs commercially avialable, and they heavily invested in oled but then stopped to focus on lcd(due to losses and high prices), the next focus for sony is crystal lcd and whitemagic. Crystal lcd seems to be the route sony will take with bravia line instead of amoled, until oled further evolves/gets cheaper to produce. Atleast thats the picture i get from when i was following.

Also, if you check out samsung's 55inch oled tv announced at ces 2012, they mention super oled and not super amoled hd + etc for it.]

That's what i already mention why Sony invest Crystal led technique to compete AMoled SAMoled TV from Samsung and LG Because Sony is still develop Oled technique without a Active Matrix.
rss_ndrsn
PM
Posted: 2012-04-11 04:04
OMG! Can someone put some sense into worf1000's mind! If an OLED screen is not using active matrix as addressing scheme, then it is using a passive matrix one! The structure that you are talking about is the simplest OLED screen which is from a PMOLED model. The purpose of that structure is just to show OLED technology works. Do you even understand how OLED works? Why is it hard for you to grasp this idea?

Let's define what an addressing scheme is and how important it is to a display screen. It is to set (or maintain) the state of a pixel to either black/white or, more commonly, a gray-scale level. So without the addressing scheme, a display screen will not be able to show pixels properly. That's why any display screen have addressing scheme. The most common and practical is the Matrix addressing (active and passive matrix). The other two types which are direct and raster addressing are not being used in OLED. So how can an OLED screen display pixel properly without an addressing scheme as you keep on insisting about pure OLED technique?

Worf1000
"An AMOLED display consists of OLED pixels that are (embedded in a thin film transistor) (TFT) that call men TFT array.
So, Active Matrix can use in Oled and is not 100% Oled technique."

You just said it yourself but still can't grasp the idea behind OLED. AMOLED uses TFT to eliminate higher voltage which is required for PMOLED operation. So this solidify my point that OLED screens can either use passive matrix or active matrix to operate and that AMOLED or PMOLED use 100% OLED technique (according to your own understanding). OLED is just a general term like LCD. OLED can come in different variation but it is still OLED. There is no such thing as pure technique or whatsoever because every OLED screen use the common structures to make up one, or else it cannot not be an OLED. OLED whether a passive matrix or active matrix are all 100% OLED screen.

Whichever OLED screen that uses TFT backplane is considered an AMOLED screen. Ergo, ipso facto, case closed. Q.E.D. In the Oxide-TFT case, the silicon is replaced with amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide (a-IGZO) as semiconducting layer of the TFT backplane. Since it uses backplane, it is an AMOLED screen. OK!

Please read this:
SID, the display industry’s leading annual academic conference, is always a great source of information on R&D into future display technologies. Crystallization of a-Si to p-Si and its application to AMOLED fabrication have been a favorite topic of the symposium for several years now. However, looking over the proceedings of this year’s recently held conference, there anecdotally seems to be shift in focus; I could only find one paper on LTPS crystallization for AMOLED backplanes. Instead, a variety of papers promote using oxide semiconductors as a panacea to technical and cost issues that continue to restrict the growth of the AMOLED industry.

Samsung SDI’s development of a 12.1″ WXGA AMOLED (see Figure 1) highlighted the potential of this technology. The company used amorphous indium-gallium-zinc-oxide (a-IGZO) to replace silicon as the semiconducting layer of the TFT backplane

Proof that SONY OLED is AMOLED:

AMOLED screen with OXIDE_TFT backplane from SONY:

[ This Message was edited by: rss_ndrsn on 2012-04-11 08:39 ]
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-11 05:25
OMG.. take it to private...
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 909192 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic