Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 899091 ... 318319320  Next
Author Sony Xperia Rumours 2012
nikos_se
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 17:41
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am really excited about hayabusa!!!I am also excited about the Vaio chief taking over Sony Mobile..That means that Sony is going to produce some jaw dropping phones for the future,judging from the incredible job that they have done with vaio laptops.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 18:38

On 2012-04-05 17:17:30, randomuser wrote:
So either the Hayabusa or Mint are going to have a 4.3 inch AMOLED screen.

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20120405PB201.html

[ This Message was edited by: randomuser on 2012-04-05 16:17 ]

good that they are getting amoleds but hope they don't use it in high ends. To hard to make them with high resolution without pentile. A good lcd beats AMOLED with pentile any day
zub
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 18:56
I'm so disappoint, no new news about a possible x play 2??

Been waiting for a successor for ages since the initial disappointment with the original x play...
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 19:48

On 2012-04-05 18:38:35, motvikt wrote:

good that they are getting amoleds but hope they don't use it in high ends. To hard to make them with high resolution without pentile. A good lcd beats AMOLED with pentile any day

Those are NOT Amoled panels just OLED panels with SONY innovation , don't think it is Amoled the article writer use that word become it's a common sense because Samsung name that all for years, just as the Vita, produce by Samsung with Sony technique and in exchange Samsung use those technique those are the agreements between Sony and Samsung.

The same point as AUO happens, Sony has no mass production facility they are depend on 3 third parties an very bad sign for Sony that they must exchange with their technique with mass production. I hope soon Sony will build more plants for them self so that they have not to exchange their technique for production.

Read this http://www.oled-info.com/auo-[....]v-production-collaborates-sony it also for mobile included and i know it not mention but is a part of the deal.

So it's not Amoled just oled.
rss_ndrsn
Sony Xperia X Performance
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 23:34
^The screen of HTC One X is amazing. It beats Xperia S'.
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-05 23:36

On 2012-04-05 23:34:28, rss_ndrsn wrote:
^The screen of HTC One X is amazing. It beats Xperia S'.

Keep dreaming friend
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 06:53

Those are NOT Amoled panels just OLED panels with SONY innovation , don't think it is Amoled the article writer use that word become it's a common sense because Samsung name that all for years, just as the Vita, produce by Samsung with Sony technique and in exchange Samsung use those technique those are the agreements between Sony and Samsung.

The same point as AUO happens, Sony has no mass production facility they are depend on 3 third parties an very bad sign for Sony that they must exchange with their technique with mass production. I hope soon Sony will build more plants for them self so that they have not to exchange their technique for production.

Read this http://www.oled-info.com/auo-[....]v-production-collaborates-sony it also for mobile included and i know it not mention but is a part of the deal.

I was actually hoping that Japan Display Inc would begin manufacturing OLED displays using Sonys tech since Sonys small to medium display business is being wrapped up in that company. Maybe they're just not equiped for OLED production yet, which is why Sony had to seek a third party before too much time had passed by.

I do have a question about this though as the little research I've done so far doesn't really answer this. Could the white magic display tech from the Xperia P be translated over into OLED and if so, could that finally end the problem of OLED displays having a problem with whites?

The more I think about it, the more I think it's the Hayabusa that'll be getting the 4.3" OLED display. I've seen plenty of tidbits leaked by supposed informed sources over the past couple of months saying that the Hayabusa will be pretty similar to the Xperia S, but with a design style of the Arc. If that's the case then the screen size fits, and I imagine going with an OLED display will allow them to make the phone thinner, which will then allow the Arc design to work. Others have commented that the Mint is a bigger version of the Hayabusa, but who knows... either way I'm glad I'm holding off until later this year as a Sony inspired OLED would be absolutely amazing, assuming it maintains the quality of Sonys current LCDs. If they wind up looking just like Samsungs OLED offerings I might be a bit disappointed.
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 06:59
Actually now that I think about it, I have to wonder if Sonys next tablet will also use OLED tech. We've got that leaked benchmark that showed a tablet with the same display resolution as their current Tablet S. It would be a massive disappointment if the next gen tablet were an LCD of the same resolution, but an OLED of the same resolution might be pretty frickin' sweet.

Damnit, the future can't get here quickly enough!
Ricky D
Sony Xperia Z3
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-06 07:03
In my opinion the HTC One X is one of the most complete phones on the market with top notch design and feature list and it beats the Xperia S in many ways, but we're not here to discuss two already released phones, let alone an HTC!

I'm much more interested in the upcoming Sony's I'm hoping the unibody design is going become a more common feature, I'm tired of the battery cover popping off if I drop it (even on carpet) and I'm looking forward to a return of the arc style design.

The current NXT series designs look and feel quite blocky compared to previous designs. An news on what 2H2012 handsets will look like? Is the rumour of the arc shape coming back going to get any more momentum?
I have a dig bick
You read that wrong
vivftp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 07:11

On 2012-04-06 07:03:22, Ricky D wrote:
In my opinion the HTC One X is one of the most complete phones on the market with top notch design and feature list and it beats the Xperia S in many ways, but we're not here to discuss two already released phones, let alone an HTC!

I'm much more interested in the upcoming Sony's I'm hoping the unibody design is going become a more common feature, I'm tired of the battery cover popping off if I drop it (even on carpet) and I'm looking forward to a return of the arc style design.

The current NXT series designs look and feel quite blocky compared to previous designs. An news on what 2H2012 handsets will look like? Is the rumour of the arc shape coming back going to get any more momentum?

Well so far I've seem a couple of people on forums like this and one guy on Youtube who supposedly in the know comment that the Xperia S is the design successor to the X10, and the Hayabusa is the design successor to the Arc. If that's the case then that's great, as the Hayabusa will feel a fair bit slimmer in the hand. I have an X10a right now and while I like it, I wouldn't mind a different sort of feel in shape.

If the phone really is only 2 months away from release in Japan/Korea and 3 months away for India (maybe global) then I'm sure we'll be getting more leaked info soon.

BTW, one person on XDA commented to me that the Hayabusa will not have an aluminum unibody like the Xperia P. I was saddened to hear as I think it gives a very high quality feel to these phones. If the iconic design is something theyh plan to carry forward then the antenna is going to be outside the metal body anyways, so I don't think that should interfere with signals at all.

Ah well, once again we play the waiting game. With Sonys new overall initiative towards the different aspects of its business now, I'm EXTREMELY excited to see what's around the corner.
motvikt
T68i
PM
Posted: 2012-04-06 12:06

On 2012-04-05 19:48:39, worf1000 wrote:

Noo, not you again...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-09 21:16
http://www.gsmarena.com/10000[....]for_execs_either-news-4074.php
Phone?? What phone??
worf1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-09 21:42

On 2012-04-06 12:06:24, motvikt wrote:

On 2012-04-05 19:48:39, worf1000 wrote:

Noo, not you again...

What is your problem
[ This Message was edited by: worf1000 on 2012-04-09 20:43 ]
pmugghc
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 11:58
Sony's loss increased from the February projection of $3B to $6.4B for fiscal 2011.

Source: Engadget
^^HAMID^^
Xperia Neo Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-10 21:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]c&context=G27cd72dRVAAAAAAAABA

check this out!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 899091 ... 318319320  Next
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic