Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Sony Ericsson with a free mobile to full screen service

Author Sony Ericsson with a free mobile to full screen service
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-11-29 03:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Sony Ericsson recently announced a service where media on Xperia smartphones can be shared easily on a larger displays
Esato News

Sony Ericsson announces VScreen media sharing service 

If you own a relatively new smartphone, you have probably been wanting to share your captured videos and images on a larger display. This can be accomplished in several ways. Transfer your photos to a PC via Bluetooth or USB cable, or shared on a TV using WLAN and DNLA, or maybe you are lucky enough to have a smartphone with a HDMI plug for those high-res video clips.

Now, Sony Ericsson has come up with yet another way to share content. The new service is called VScreens and the highlight with this service is the lack of configuration required by the user. Just open vscreens.com in a web browser and use the phone to scan the QR-code viewable on the larger screen. If you have installed the companion Android app (iPhone app coming soon), it will start up and let you browse the media gallery in the phone and show this on the larger display.

The services will work on any Android devices with version number 2.1 and up. The instructions on the Vscreens site says only image media are supported, but the latest Android app has a tab for sharing video as well. We did not manage to view video on a larger display but Vscreens is a beta service so you should expect to see the video sharing possibility shortly.

Currently the service has a few bugs. Re-sizing the browser window while looking at the embedded Flash object crashed our Chrome browser. But we found no bugs in IE, Safari or Firefox.

Download the Android app here

echo.shane
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-11-29 03:50
does this work on the x10?
Shane Bygrave - Photographer.Designer.Artist

I Memorable Moments T230, T68i, K310, P1i
I Xperia X10 with 2.3.3
Evilchap
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-29 04:26
Yes it does.
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2011-11-29 08:55
Love this app, extremely easy to use but could benefit from some tweaks here and there.
One is fullscreen, but hey it's still beta and it rocks.
Sky Hi
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-30 13:19
Really great one, but has problem with the videos in my xperia mini. It says that I "must be on the same network as the connected screen", while it doesn't have that problem with images. I suppose it'll be solved in the future, as it's still beta.
10 years non-stop SE user:
T300->K500->K700->K800->K810->C905->Xperia Mini
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi