Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > galaxy ace any good ?

Author galaxy ace any good ?
Yoruichi
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
PM
Posted: 2011-11-17 11:52
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
am needing to get a new mobile and after using se for many years (since the old t68 days)
been looking around.. the new se's out of my budget range and not keen on them sticking facebook on them either.

Saw a galaxy ace at the shop - within my budget range and the guy at shop said can get it without the facebook apps. From the specs it looks good and does what I need / use a mobile for.

Are there any major bugs or problems with the galaxy ace ? Thanks
Namo Amitabha
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-17 23:21
The Galaxy Ace is a decent phone for it's current price which is now about £130-to £160. From what I have read the only complaints was battery life with it only having a 1,300mAh battery. But most smart phones only make a days use anyway before they go dead. Not heard many complaints about it & reviews have said the camera takes excellent pics. For everyday tasks such as browsing,music,email like most Androids I think it's a decent budget device & should serve you well. I have played with a live one & it felt pretty snappy considering it's 800mhz processor. Only thing I say it's a little low on is RAM which is only 278mb but Android 2.3 & above does a good job of dealing with RAM usage to minimise problems. So I say if it's your budget go for it. Also do consider in your budget the HTC Wildfire S which is an even better overall device but slightly slower processor @ 600mhz
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-17 22:21 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Yoruichi
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
PM
Posted: 2011-11-18 01:16
sounds good thanks mostly use for browsing, music and a couple games..

Will take look at the htc wildfire too going to be up by the shop later today .. Hadnt thought to check the htc's out

ahh may take bit to get used to android then on the memory part this will be my first android phone still using the old java at present..
Namo Amitabha
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 01:31
Note I did say Wildfire S not the old Wildfire
Phone?? What phone??
Shino03
S700
PM
Posted: 2011-11-19 03:48
Here in my country, the xperia ray, neo and the galaxy ace have almost equal prices. Why not check out this two xperia models first before buying the ace. Both of the xperias are definitely better than the ace in every way.
[ This Message was edited by: Shino03 on 2011-11-19 02:50 ]
aka Dus
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-02 18:36

On 2011-11-17 23:21:05, Bonovox wrote:
The Galaxy Ace is a decent phone for it's current price which is now about £130-to £160. From what I have read the only complaints was battery life with it only having a 1,300mAh battery. But most smart phones only make a days use anyway before they go dead. Not heard many complaints about it & reviews have said the camera takes excellent pics. For everyday tasks such as browsing,music,email like most Androids I think it's a decent budget device & should serve you well. I have played with a live one & it felt pretty snappy considering it's 800mhz processor. Only thing I say it's a little low on is RAM which is only 278mb but Android 2.3 & above does a good job of dealing with RAM usage to minimise problems. So I say if it's your budget go for it. Also do consider in your budget the HTC Wildfire S which is an even better overall device but slightly slower processor @ 600mhz
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-17 22:21 ]

Useful post for me, thanks pal. My sister is choosing between a Galaxy Ace Plus and a Wildfire S. It's in her budget range but I think the slightly bigger screen has her thinking of the Samsung. Interesting you say there have been good reports of the camera in the Galaxy Ace Plus too as that is a consideration for her. An additional question is that the operator offering her the Galaxy Ace Plus has it only on Android 2.2. You say that 2.3 is a more efficient memory manager. Do you know if it can be upgraded to 2.3?

When you descrive the Wildfire S as a better overall device what do you mean? The smaller screen size puts her off a little but it is €80 cheaper than the Samsung. But it does have autofocus in the camera so that might make for better pics?

Thanks for your insight, I appreciate it!
ernesthelmer
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-16 14:23
This phone is good enough for basic android user...its a nice stylish looking phone.
It has got awesome features fast processor, responsive touch screen,Sound quality is excellent too... Really nice phone on the whole thought there are some drawbacks, primarily the low battery life but Charges really fast....
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi