Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Nokia adds Windows Phone look to Nokia web site

Author Nokia adds Windows Phone look to Nokia web site
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-24 16:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Someone at Nokia is obviously fan of the new Windows Phone 7 interface with grids and thumbnail-sized icons as the new web interface looks like its made by Microsoft
Esato News

Nokia Conversations Windows Phone look 

The Nokia blog is the site where all but press releases from the Finnish company are communicated. During the weekend, the site received a overhaul where both the look and feel. It is obvious that those designing the look and feel of the site has been using Windows Phone because the new interface seems like it is coming from Redmond where Microsoft has its headquarter.

We think it has missed something as we had a hard time finding out which site we were looking at. Navigation elements are located bottom left and many other non-standard ways to do things. We agree that the old interface looks like any other default Wordpress templates and it needed an face-lift, but this new look are probably too much.

The new look was created because Nokia wanted more space for longer, broader and more in-depth stores. Nokia will also include editors, film makers, photographer and a full time art director to edit the daily edition of the site.

Take a look yourself and tell us what you think of the new design. Is it a brave move and will others follow?

Nokia Conversations old user interface

Nokia Conversations new user interface

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-24 16:47
I spotted this yesterday. I thought i would just take a peak on there to see what is new and it had all changed. Looks more refreshing and upto date.
Phone?? What phone??
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-10-24 16:54
I'll visit it later. But it looks good in the pics. WP7.5 is coming
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-24 18:11
I have always been a fan of Nokia, but im going right off them now with such a heavy dependancy on Microsoft and their mobile OS. Sad really for someone like me.

It does look nice though.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-10-24 18:30
Same here etaab, i used to be a huge Nokia fan, but in the past 18months ive lost almost all hope in them, and the fact that they are so dependant on MS worries me.
Nokia used to be like Apple, they always took a different approach and didnt depend on others heavily (the E90/N95-8gb days), how i would've LOVED to see how they would've done if the N9 was released with the N950 globaly, IMO they had a killer combo there, this MS deal just doesnt look/feel right, ah well, nice web page.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-24 18:34
I like WP and its smooth interface. Android is messy
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi