Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Sony Ericsson reports positive numbers from third quarter

Previous  12
Author Sony Ericsson reports positive numbers from third quarter
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 12:16
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes and all i was saying although i love Ericsson. People would recognise Sony on the high street more than Ericsson. Have you noticed how many people refer to their phones as Sony phones and not Sony Ericsson?? Yes it irritates me too but Sony is just more well known. But i do think now they could make some decent phones on their own but despite their brand popularity its still debatable weather they can make it work and bring in the sales again. They need top phones and good promotion.

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-20 11:17 ]
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-20 23:08

On 2011-10-20 00:57:14, NightBlade wrote:

Not necessarily. Receiving normal profits (i.e. 0) is not uncommon in very competitive markets.

I understand how a business works as i run one. However, from SE's point of view their results are not just a single quarter, a single year, but a string of bad periods with little growth overal compared to their competitors. They wont go out of business overnight by making a loss at the end of the business year, but many companies rely on funding from their shareholders and investors. The point of the business is to make money for the people who fund them. If they consecutively lose money year on year, or make such a small profit that they're unable to grow the people who stump up the cash in the first place lose confidence in the management of the company, grow impatient and buy themselves out. Which in turn forces the company to shrink.

Its all about growth, whereas if Sony quit the game and go it alone without Ericsson, thats simply not growth.

Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
randomuser
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2011-10-21 05:10
@Dups

I did read his post completely and understood the fact that he was talking about cellphones. And my reply was regarding to cellphones not general brand value.

A SONY smartphone will receive much greater attenntion than a smartphone. Especially in the US market where has virtually no brand presence.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-10-21 06:52

On 2011-10-21 05:10:44, randomuser wrote:
@Dups

I did read his post completely and understood the fact that he was talking about cellphones. And my reply was regarding to cellphones not general brand value.

A SONY smartphone will receive much greater attenntion than a smartphone. Especially in the US market where has virtually no brand presence.

Okay. The Sony name does have some wieght in the US no doubt but with all this competition in the form of Apple, Samsung and a Google-owned Motorola, how much inroads are they really going to make in that part of the world? I will give them the chance and see how they do as Sony Mobile but I still not too optimistic. Let's wait and see, shall we?
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-22 13:23
I wonder now if it's Sony or Ericsson behind the latest designs of phones like the Ray now?? Cos seeing the new Sony mp3 player the NWZ A866 it looks alot like the Xperia Ray with the home button

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-22 12:23 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi