Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Talking on mobile is like "putting face on a toilet bowl"

Author Talking on mobile is like "putting face on a toilet bowl"
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-14 14:20
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
BBC article

Researchers at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Queen Mary, University of London took nearly 400 samples from mobile phones and hands in 12 British cities.

They found 16% of phones and 16% of hands harboured E. coli (Escherichia coli), bacteria which inhabit the human intestines.

The largest proportion of contaminated phones was in Birmingham (41%) while Londoners were caught with the highest proportion of E. coli present on hands (28%).
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-14 14:50
Oh my lord I keep my phone clean I guess I better leave Birmingham then
Phone?? What phone??
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-14 15:04
I often wipe down my arc with a baby wipe, always have with my phones it keeps it clean and clears fingerprint marks dunno how much cleaner it does it in terms of germs but oh well. We are a disgusting race, but germs are everywhere from the hand rails on buses to the buttons at cash machines it's no surprise that something you constantly have in your hands will carry germs...

Anyone else in public toilets after washing your hands do you try and open the door without touching the handle? Or like pick a bit which will be touched less then the main bit? Just me?
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2011-10-14 14:06 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-14 15:53
Ugh yuk. Well,I use from Poundland a Singalex screen cleaner for my phone & PC & it's smear free really great for a quid. My phone is always clean except when I am using it But I am forever wiping it on my shirt to clean the screen of finger prints. But hey it's a touch screen As for baby wipes well,they do the same job I guess & your phone will smell like a clean babies bottom As for the human race well there are more rats than us Two of the dirtiest things are pc keyboard & money
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-10-14 14:55 ]
Phone?? What phone??
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-14 19:43
I think that study should reveal whether the 16% of phones w/ e coli came from the 16% of hands that had e coli.

If the phone GREW e coli without e coli infested hands touching it, that would be a scary reality.

But the source of the e coli is not the phone, it's the user's filthy hands... then the phone isn't really a significant factor in that whole equation now is it? It could be anything that those 16% touch... door knobs, gear shifts, coffee cups.

Then the article could've easily been titled "Coffee cups... modern day killer!"

@adsada - I do that too, or I wait for someone to leave and use my foot to hold the door open... hahahaha
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-15 00:43
but men do tend to take there handsets into the bathroom area don't they do

no wonder this has strummed up..
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi