Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung and Google postpone Nexus Prime announcement

Author Samsung and Google postpone Nexus Prime announcement
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 16:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The Samsung Unpacked event which was supposed to unveil the next Nexus Prime Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich handset is postponed according to sources
Esato News

Samsung Nexus Prime Google phone 

Whenever Google decides to release a new major versions of its Android operating system, they do it in cooperation with one of the handset makers. HTC was made the first Google Nexus One and Samsung has made the following Nexus S. It is rumored that Samsung also will be the handset maker responsible for the next Nexus smartphone. Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is the next version to be announced, and it is anticipated that a Samsung Nexus Prime with a curved display will be the first smartphone running the new OS. The Unpack event was supposed to take place at CTIA taking place on October 11-13 next week but those who received the "Google Episode" invitation to the event now has received a message from Samsung saying

Samsung and Google decide to postpone the new product announcement at CTIA Fall. We agree that it is just not the right time to announce a new product. New date and venue will be shortly announced

A Romanian site has published a video of a smartphone running on the new operating system. The device is supposedly the Nexus Prime. The rumored specifications for the Nexus Prime are similar to the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S II HD LTE which are

• 4.65 inch HD Super AMOLED display with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution
  • 142 gram
  • 132.65 x 68.8 x 9.5 mm
  • 8 megapixel camera, 2 mp front facing camera
  • 1850 mAh battery
  • 1.5 GHz dual core processor
  • Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
  • Bluetooth 3.0
  • 16 GB storage

Samsung usually has a Unpacked app in Android Market. For some reason it's currently missing but we are sure it will turn up again when they have made new plans.

Samsung Nexus Prime

Samsung Nexus Prime teaser video

source

[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2011-10-08 00:43 ]
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 16:56
Is it because Steve Jobs passed away and they don't think that it would be appropriate to launch a iPhone rival at this time?Personally i think that's the right thing to do at this time from a marketing perspective.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-07 18:44
Oooo, that looks nice!
Rob123
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-08 00:46
Dual core battery! That should be interesting.....
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-08 22:26
Well, this will probably be my next phone.

Moving on from the sad passing of Steve for a moment, i dont think they'll postpone the release of this phone, they'll just make it appear that way. They'll delay the announcement, but still release the phone around the original time they planned. So if they announced it on the 11th as planned and released it come 31st October, they'll probably now announced it a week or two later such as the 25th with a probable immediate release. Google and Samsung wont want to let the iPhone 4S take so much of the sales in the run up to Christmas.

So i reckon anyway, i could be completely wrong.

Im wondering whats those three dots on the side of the device ? status LEDs ? a button ? just a grip ? a pressure sensor for unlocking the phone ? Either way i cant wait for a phone with a HD screen for web browsing alone.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-08 23:33

On 2011-10-08 00:46:03, Rob123 wrote:
Dual core battery! That should be interesting.....

Dual core battery??
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-10 03:34
From a marketing perspective it was smart not to officially launch shows that Samsung has some class even considering that their loosing quite a few court battles against apple.

Class you cannot buy, shares and stock and revenue with marketing you can. When the tough gets going class is what ppl respect beyond $$
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-10-10 04:13
Hope this comes with 8MP camera instead of the rumored 5MP.
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-11 20:25
Me want...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi