Joined: Aug 07, 2001
Posts: > 500
From: Oslo, Norway
HTC today announced the HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio, 4.7 inch display and 1.5 GHz processor
HTC today announced a new Sensation XL Android smartphone with a huge 4.7 inch display. The Sensation XL specifications seems good on paper and such a large display will probably be nice to watch short video clips on. But the huge 4.7 inch touch display only has a more common 480 x 800 pixel resolution which gives us a pixel density of 198.
Sensation XL has got a 1600 mAh battery which are said to power the smartphone for 230-360 hours and let you talk for 250 - 710 minutes. We are not sure why talk- and standby time are reported as a range, but 360 hours is about average these days.
Once again, HTC highlights the partnership with Beats Electronics. Last month, HTC announced the Sensation XE with Beats Audio technology which delivers Hi-Fi studio quality sound to consumers. Beats Audio is a combination of headset and software which are said to deliver excellent sound. Included with the HTC Sensation XL package you will find urBeats headphones made by BeatsByDrDre.
The 8 megapixel camera has impressive specifications with f/2.2 aperture and 28 wide angle lens. We haven't got hands on any example shots yet, but they will most likely be uploaded to our example gallery of mobile phone photos soon.
HTC Sensation XL highlights
- Weight: 162.5 gram
- Size: 132.5 x 70.7 x 9.9 mm
- 4.7 inch touch LCD screen, 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- Networks: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 850/900/2100, HSPA 14.4/5.76 Mbps
- 8 megapixel camera, BSI sensor, autofocus, f/2.2, 28mm lens, dual LED light
- 720p HD video capture
- 1.3 megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth 3.0
- 768 MB memory
- 16 GB storage, 12.64 GB available to user. Expandable with microSD card
- Sensors: Gyro, G-sensor, digital compass, proximity and ambient light sensor
- 1600 mAh battery
- Talk time: 250-710 minutes (2G)
- Standby time: 230 - 360 hours (2G)
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- OS: Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- HTC Sense UI
- 1.5 GHz processor. Qualcomm MSM 8255
[ This Message was edited by: laffen on 2011-10-07 03:28 ]
Joined: Feb 29, 2004
Posts: > 500
From: Raccoon City, USA
That is a ginormous screen. There are quite a few announcements since the iPhone 4S launch. I bet it is no coincidence and a way to steal the iPhone's thunder.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!