Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony to buy off Ericsson's shares in their joint mobile business

Previous  123 ... 151617  Next
Author Sony to buy off Ericsson's shares in their joint mobile business
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 22:38
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Oh good glad of that then Don't want it as SATO backwards ONLY TRUST A SONY or ESAT
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 22:43
btw, to state my opinion clearly... I never had an ericsson before the T68 but I had many Sony's.
I wasn't particularly happy and indeed was quite shocked when I heard about the joint venture, but shortly after the T68i was announced and it seemed that Sonys influence was already becoming apparant... but then the Z700 got cancelled and I started to be concerned.

Fortunately P800, P900, T610, K700, K800 etc came along and I was always fairly happy with the offerings but after the K850 I really lost interest in and apart from flirting with a few models since (M600, P1) I've had no interest and went back to WM phones and now, of course, iPhone.

I'd be very interested to see what Sony would do on their own...
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 22:46
I would be too interested what Sony will come up with. It would also be interesting to see how Ericsson would fare too but with Sony tech I only see one winner here. The one thing I hated about some old Ericsson phones was the tiny screens
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 22:49
I would be very surprised if Ericsson went back into the mobile phone business on their own
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 22:52
Yeah,they have their network devision & such things anyway. If Ericsson went alone now many people would be saying "who". They would not with Sony. Everyone still says Sony when it's phone so if Ericsson name was gone would the average consumer really notice?? I doubt it
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 22:58
I'd be interested to see what comes along when Sony brings their mobile development in-house - Sony Mobile.

I'd be very surprised if Ericsson reappeared in high street stores - the market really is cut-throat.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 23:01
Yes,it would be like starting over again for them. All the Sony branding will sell & what does Ericsson have that will make them sell??
Phone?? What phone??
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 23:03

On 2011-10-06 22:49:29, masseur wrote:
I would be very surprised if Ericsson went back into the mobile phone business on their own

Surely if sony does buy out ericsson, it would make sure it takes all their patents and stuff, effectively making it impossible for ericsson to do this. And they (hopefully) will stick with the name sony ericsson, if they do will they not by the name trademark as well?
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-06 23:07
I would've preferred to seen it differently. But i can understand why Sony would do this.
I don't think Ericsson would restart making phones on their own, to bad actually.
About naming phones, most people over here say Ericsson instead of Sony.
The only good thing Sony had to offer before the joint venture was the jogdial, but now with all those nice touch screens its out of date. I admit walkman branding helpt, and the camera modules where great.
But Memory stick was plain stupid, after they abandend UIQ and the P5 it all went down hill. Nothing new came to the market, half finished products, products that were out of date before they hit the market, overpriced products, poor pr campaigns. When a company ignores its loyal fans they will lose in the end.
Samsung was clever enough to read all our comments here and they are now the leading company.

I myself am not sure what i'll do. I still use my trust P1i. Had the X10 but sold it after a week, it was boring and the software wasn't finished yet. the neo is a nice phone, but abit over priced. I think i'll just wait for the last batch of phones under the name of and then decide. Maby i'll just buy a half a dozen old phones and use them for the rest of my life.

With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 23:50
Well,Amazon & Ebay still sell many older phones still brand new. I am tempted by the w995 again

It's on GSM Arean now
www.gsmarena.com/sony_to_buy_[....]_mobile_business-news-3240.php
Phone?? What phone??
mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 00:07
If Ericsson would want to get back into phone making on its own the smart thing would be to take the Apple model. Put vanilla Android on the flagship ST-Ericsson SoC and update it once a year. Unless this move means Sony will be able to pump more money into R&D and ultimately pull up along side HTC and Samsung, I don't see this making much difference. But then if Sony wants to be like Samsung with a model for every 0.2" of screen size between 4" and 10" I guess this move will really make sense.
I don't want a signature anymore.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 00:26
Comparing Ericsson and Sony is like comparing German and Japanese cars if you all know anything about cars then you will know which is best.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 00:32
German cars
Phone?? What phone??
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 01:05
No matter what happens i will continue to support Sony / Ericsson they are just different to everyone else and thats what i love about them!
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-07 01:27

On 2011-10-07 00:32:00, Bonovox wrote:
German cars

Correct and its what makes Ericsson better at making phones than Sony.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic