Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 23:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2011-10-04 23:52:49, Bonovox wrote:
Steve Jobs is ill still isn't he??

Yes but still chairman of Apple pulling the strings.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 23:58
Oh so he never fully stepped down then??
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 00:00

On 2011-10-04 23:58:18, Bonovox wrote:
Oh so he never fully stepped down then??

Oh no that was only cosmetic as he wanted to concentrate on his health but he still very much in the driving seat at Apple.
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 00:12
I find that with Voice activated stuff, it only works well if the environment you use them in is quite quiet - which is not all the time, but if they can get past this then it will be impressive.
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 00:23

On 2011-10-05 00:12:12, goldenface wrote:
I find that with Voice activated stuff, it only works well if the environment you use them in is quite quiet - which is not all the time, but if they can get past this then it will be impressive.

Exactly voice commands are again nothing new and is very old news now which Apple claim to be something they somehow invented well most of us know here that its been done and is nothing but a gimmick and rarely works properly Windows Phone has this feature now and it only works in certain places and conditions and i doubt apples version will be any different.
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2011-10-04 23:24 ]
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 00:26
I don't use voice control on my Garmin GPS in the car as I agree that is next to useless, but I've never had trouble using the existing voice command on iphone 4 to dial numbers in busy areas likes London Bridge station.

I'll reserve judgement on this Siri until I have tried it. Unfortunately it wasn't a part of the iOS 5 beta...
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 00:34
This will be interesting as people who love Apple will feel cheated as they really go for looks and not for functionality and really that cool factor has worn off now, especially when they try show off their new devices it will basically be iphone 4 so a flop! Sony Ericsson you rule and now you can come back and get some of that market share Apple stole from you!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 00:58

On 2011-10-05 00:34:09, chunkybeats wrote:
This will be interesting as people who love Apple will feel cheated as they really go for looks and not for functionality and really that cool factor has worn off now, especially when they try show off their new devices it will basically be iphone 4 so a flop! Sony Ericsson you rule and now you can come back and get some of that market share Apple stole from you!

That's what I was just about to post - for the image conscious, the iP4s looks like the upgrade.

Ironically, the Samsung GSII probably looks like what people were expecting the next iPhone to look like - slimmer, faster, brighter.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 01:22
so actually, its sounding to me that most people are dissapointed that the media based hype has not met media based expectations in the direction of hardware while, at the same time, there seems to be little chatter in the blogs etc about iCloud and other latest offerings

Thats probably as most except beta testers have yet to experience it but I'm confident that when it is available next week, even those that have used mobile me and .mac (which I never did but read much about), will be more than impressed, not to mention the cheap offerings of music match to improve most of our music library quality etc.

...and why would Apple make something that looks like the SGS2? surely thats just asking for trouble (not that I would have minded!)
Haribolman
Sony Xperia Acro S
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 02:11
Apart from the phone continuing to look about ten years out of date with it's flat, featureless body, small screen, massive borders and way-out-of-fashion rounded corners, what does it offer? Move along, nothing to see here. All Apple has done is made it even easier for companies like to continue releasing phones that are fashion statements as well as feature rich.

Anyway, now that we know the phone is identical in looks to the previous model, what does that say about all the liers who claimed to know how it would look? Nice way to ruin your credibility guys! Tail between legs!
Why Be Normal?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 02:20
I appreciate that everyone has their own idea of beauty but as most of your post is about looks, do I understand that your judgement is wholly based on appearance and not capabilities?

are most companies not reducing their form factors to minimise buttons and maximise use of soft keys etc? this improves reliability and also flexibility

indeed it seems that most devices/tablets etc are becoming flat and apparantly featureless... thats the advantage of touch screen technology isn't it?
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 02:27
Exactly!

I've no doubt it will sell by the bucket load still and with the lead they are in at the moment I guess they can rest on their laurels for a while but with the success they have had over the past few years it would be impossible for them to live up to the hype created by the media - curved screen, teardrop shape, an iPhone mini etc.

Who knows, they might have been affected by component shortages, delayed the ip5 and resorted to the next best offering.
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-05 05:50
I really think that Apple has reached the pinnacle of their mobile device dream. Many had thought the iPad was the evolution of the Newton ... it wasn't. It was a necessary step to the Knowledge Navigator ... just like Siri used in the iPhone 4S.

For those that don't know ... think about the direction of the laptops using SSD with the MBA (2011 Love mine), the iPhone 4S+Siri, and the iPad 2 ....

Think of how developers can create the next generation of applications using Siri as an API (no this won't happen this next 12mths but soon after we will see incredible changes).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mLqJNDWx-8
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 06:45
So how many iSuicides in US last night...?

PS: As I sad for me personally user experience is far more important than cutting edge hardwere and I`m sure iPhone 4 S will deliver in that respect and will sell pretty well. Also I`m sure it`s camera will be class leading once again, but it`s still not enough for me to buy one... as I just prefer something sweet like ICS than sour apples.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic