Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Apple announces iPhone 4S

Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Author Apple announces iPhone 4S
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 00:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The 4s uses dual antenna now so i beleive if you hold it a certain way the antennas switch.
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 00:20
thats part of the story, though some sites are now coming out with a "double death grip" story!

seems like anyone (including members here) who dislikes Apple/iphone/etc will do anything to discredit it despite its overwhelming success and this double death grip shows just how looney they can be!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 00:25
Yeah i may not be a fan but i have read that there has been no antenna issues this time. I seen a video too and no signal dropped.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 00:45

On 2011-10-26 23:55:41, masseur wrote:
huh? who mentioned anything about 2 screws? I don't get what you're on about.

as for the antenna stuff, did you not watch the announcement and/or have you not seen an iphone 4 and 4s?

no idea what your last sentence is banging on about either so should I assume you've been smoking something

I Quoted your post as it seemed you were aiming at me!
I simply queried how you knew this info regarding the antenna

No I had not seen the announcement!

as far as im aware 4 and 4S have the same casing in which im surprised by the backing as i would of assumed
apple would of placed 4S on there but they haven't so it now makes ppl conclude oh you have the new one "Understand the point lolz"

where is this?

have you opened your handset?
aka 2x screws open the iphone on the bottom of the phone removing the back etc

and no I do not smoke its a filthy habit lol !

Also me bias about apple i own 2 healthy gadgets atm dear please don't make me out to be a snob
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 01:10
bit puzzled why, if Apple didn't change the back, people would conclude you have the latest... but honestly... who really cares what others think? I never buy anything so I can "hope" that other might think I have the latest. I buy stuff because *I* want the latest! anyway, as I said, for those that do want to be seen, the split in the attena is an obvious sign.

in the early days after announcement there were many polls that asked why people were disapointed by the 4S and they almost all show that most responded "because it doesn't look different"... what a load of... but the same polls and and reviews now show that people are well satisfied by the revision, as am I.

I haven't opened my handset but I don't need to in order to know its functioning alot quicker. Some apps exhibit this so obviously (like Metro - the london newspaper app) as well as the general feel of the phone and syncing etc

I agree with your view on smoking but actually by your writing I was thinking more along the lines of pot rather than tobacco ... no malice intended though, it was just a joke.

I also know you own ipods etc so don't take things so personally (I certainly don't but I do like to correct mis-information etc)... and you're certainly not a snob (I've never met a pot-smoking snob )
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 01:23
A pot smoking snob?? Me neither. Miss UK I have met you you're definately not a snob!!
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 01:30
Ahh Masseur ur so funny you crack me up (not in that potty way)
I think I have to just remind you at times I own these cos u forget (hmm we all are ageing I get it)
btw I do get the impression you think im being a utter Hater to the apple brand im not

btw yeah removing the screws of the bottom is easy there you go back of so
if your battery packs up imsure you can save abt of money without sending it to apple

thats pretty good news to me curious as to how the phone is gunna cope as a Mp3 player though
but still a nice white iphone way better then a shiny un-scratchproof ipod touch lol
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 01:42
I think *you* forget that I am omnipresent and remember all (in yes minister speak, some have the OBE or the MBE but I have the GCMG - god calls me god!)

strange that I'm happy pulling laptops apart, even my last Vaio which had 42 screws just to change the hard drive, but I dare not open the iphone!

iphone has always been the equal of ipod IMHO. thats its real origins and the "phone" has developed around it.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 01:57
lol well ive added it under username so now you can see it so maybe
less of the pun calling me a Apple hater

I wouldnt be happy if u started on my HTC handset I seriousley would be at war with you

btw when the times comes I may look about replacing the battery in mine but its farely new anyway so
that will be a long while off before I look into that and know I wouldnt be scared of opening it
its dead easy to do ive seen the DIY vids

im clever ive even researched it before ive got it haha
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 22:33
Just read on the net about many people having over heating iphone 4s
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 22:46
when I had the SG2 I read alot about overheating problems. I experienced it sometimes when charging, mostly when I had let the battery run quite low.

I've seen similar complaints about the 4S but I haven't exerienced it either in normal use or when charging.

edit: actually I think you can pick any modern phone and you will read some complaints about overheating. A colleague has had two Desire S replaced by Orange for exactly that issue
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2011-11-01 21:48 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 22:50
Yeah I read of the GS2 too but it seems to be solved now. Mine does not get hot just warm when on charge & the screen brightness changes & it states to prevent over heating. I think it was early versions but I am sure the 4s is isolated cases. I had the HTC Desire which got really hot at the bottom too I guess it's the battery & CPU
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-01 21:51 ]
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 23:08
so why the " " as though the iphone 4S is something different when its common knowledge that phones regularly get hot? or was this just a standard anti-iphone post?

The SG2 has been out months and the iphone 4S hasn't even been out one month and has yet to have its first update.

Apple have already confirmed they are investigating a battery drain issue that is a common complaint (possibly linked to a location based issue), though there are now many sites (including those I have already posted and another on cnet I saw today) that have workarounds as iOS 5 now has so many more settings that can be tweaked than previous iOS versions.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-01 23:11
Oh for goodness sake masseur what's your problem I am not having a dig I just mentioned it. Who cares that I do a " " I seriously give up with this website I cannot say anything without being moaned at
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-02 23:28

On 2011-11-01 22:46:46, masseur wrote:
when I had the SG2 I read alot about overheating problems. I experienced it sometimes when charging, mostly when I had let the battery run quite low.

I've seen similar complaints about the 4S but I haven't exerienced it either in normal use or when charging.

edit: actually I think you can pick any modern phone and you will read some complaints about overheating. A colleague has had two Desire S replaced by Orange for exactly that issue
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2011-11-01 21:48 ]

Your correct Mass
Sensations have a overheating problem to
but not the case with mine its gets hot but it never gets to 50% on the battery reader
however I guess phones do or maybe tend to get hot considering the processors they have in them
even especially if your using them for instance for long intervals

perhaps so being alot like pcs you gotta imagine if standard computers
also if they didn't have fans in those

ps that is good news regarding the antenna I hope this is also so in the White iPhone 4
[ This Message was edited by: Miss UK on 2011-11-02 22:35 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 789 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic