Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > India cap on text messages to deter tele-marketers

Author India cap on text messages to deter tele-marketers
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-09-27 13:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
from this BBC article

The telecoms regulator in India has put a cap on the number of text messages which can be sent from a mobile phone.

Under the new rules, no-one will be able to send more than 100 texts in a day, officials say.

The ruling is expected to be a big relief for millions of mobile phone users who have to deal with dozens of unsolicited text messages every day.
idumbakumar
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-09-27 17:43
thats a good idea.... i usually get daily 10 junks at least.
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-28 06:22
Yes it is true and from yesterday it has been implemented. Usually i get 15-20 spam sms via different companies, banks letting me know about the offers etc. They are sending either via paid internet sites or via mobile. We have different unlimited sms scheme provided by operators. They get the numbers from tele-service providers like vodafone, airtel, docomo, idea etc. It is big nuisance. In this cap, people with unlimited sms pack subscription also get restricted by 100 sms per day. I think they have restricted sms sent via free internet sites also. I myself have one account with one site. I use it to send sms across india. From yesterday, i think my sms are not delivering. What say idumbakumar? Did you get any sms from me from yesterday? Though i am not spamming. I just send some greeting messages, some jokes and some inspirational messages.

In addition, i've got one sms from my bank as well saying from 27th sept, i wont be getting any sms from bank about balance or any transactions. Because i have subscribed my number in National 'Do Not Disturb' (DND) service. Till now DND was stopping banks, companies spam sms but not the sms regarding your bank account. From yesterday everything is restricted. That sms was saying if i want to continue receiving information about my bank account, i need to stop DND service.
[ This Message was edited by: ceaser2008 on 2011-09-28 05:29 ]
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-29 13:49
Wow. I could say that I'm lucky. I get few undesired sms's. If India applied this policy, it was because there was an abuse from the spammers.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi