Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Trauma of damaging your phone !

Author Trauma of damaging your phone !
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 22:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
The clue is in the name imo. Glass always breaks, even bulletproof glass !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 22:51
And uses a cheaper type as we know
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 23:03
SE's quality has been on the decline in years imo. The arc is no exception, you can almost bend the phone in half !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 23:11
Yes,when I had the Arc I literally flexed the phone with my hand I could see it bending. Was just testing it as ya do I was horrified I guess they see it as metal construction is more expensive.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 23:33
Yeah but i also think in the bid to have the most slim of all phones on the market, they keep making phones out of more bendy materials so when they are dropped, theres more give in the slim form factor.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-04 23:40
I never liked skinny devices. I love the galaxy S 2 specs & camera but the design & cheap plastic & too thin is a no no
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:35
That doesnt bother me so much. Remember all phones were plastic up until a few years ago when metal cases started showing up. Which do you think would survive the same fall better ? a SGS2, full body plastic which absorbs the knocks or an iPhone 4, total rigid design, no room for shocks to be absorbed.

Apart from the easier dented plastic, i think the SGS2 would survive better than the iPhone. And, because of this, damage was never as evident on my older plastic phones than it is on my N8.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:43
The Galaxy would survive as its lighter too less harder fall. I don't mind plastic phones as long as they are built well really
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 12:51
The problem with plastic phones is over time they tend to become loose, bendy, creek with pressure applied with your fingers etc..

But to be honest, i'd rather have that even though its annoying than run the risk of losing my iPhone for a week or two whilst it gets its glass replaced.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-05 23:15
Worst phone plastics I ever had was the w580i awful phone & it was the phone with the cracking keypad issue
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 10:17
Heh, and i actually liked that phone especially with that step counter built in. Never owned the phone, but had plenty of hands on with it. My K700i was the worst for creaking plastics, the front keypad and the rear battery cover had so much play in them anyone would think the phone was a slider.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-10-06 12:47
Nokia started much of the metal phones with the 8800 range
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-10-08 22:13
Well either way if my next phone is plastic i think i'll welcome it back after my N8. Yeah metal is good and feels better and more high quality, but its not as easy to hide damage like a plastic phone.

So there we have it, consumer advice right there. I should be on tv.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-10-14 15:51

On 2011-10-03 22:26:03, nicv27 wrote:

On 2011-09-24 17:39:00, max_wedge wrote:

On 2011-09-24 00:10:08, etaab wrote:
Heh, i always find it rather funny when you see a butch builder pull out an iPhone and start tapping away so gently on its screen.

haha, yeah And it's covered in paint and has numerous gouges in it. And often a cracked screen but still being used.

I am a Millwall supporting Scaffolder so if that fits in to your stereotype of builders fair enough. Apart from the pic I posted my phone reamins in mint condition and unscathed so no paint or gouges it's only when it falls from my pocket or is dropped.

I'm not saying all builders, or even most, but it's more likely than an office worker for example. The question of paint, I've seen quite a few painters with paint on their phone, but zero non-painters with paint on their phone Likewise I've seen very few chicks with custom roms on their phones, but lot's of geeks with custom roms! Stereotypes aren't always a bad thing as long as we don't try and say EVERYONE has to conform to some particular stereotype. I'm sure there are girls out there with custom roms too.

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-10-15 00:45

On 2011-09-17 00:19:00, Bonovox wrote:
Every new phone i buy i am checking for dust under the display. I hate it. So many screens seem to be not sealed properly. The silicon cases are good cos its like rubbery grip and it protects it when it falls. I don't use the Face Book feature on the HTC. There is no way i would use leather case

thats seriousley must be hard not hitting that F key
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi