Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Trauma of damaging your phone !

Author Trauma of damaging your phone !
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-17 08:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I feel so sorry to hear that. I can understand your feeling. I remember when i bought new bike, i use to keep it clean every morning. It used to take me one hour to clean every corner of it. People used to comment that i should stop cleaning that much otherwise paint will come off. But one day, few mischievious boys did some scratches on it and thats it. I feel like whole world has came to end. Eversince, i am careless to clean it. About mobile, i think this moment come for every mobile owner. No matter how carefull you become, it drops sometime due to others or our fault.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-09-17 10:04
I know but when you've had a phone for almost a year without a single fall and then it happens it really ruins your week. More so with the n8 as its case is painted rather than plastic. So when it takes a knock the silver metal underneath shines through. My n8 has more damage than i thought to its cosmetics. I was expecting dust to enter the screen but thankfully it didnt like it did on my first n8.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
MFire
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-17 12:39

What bothers me most is that original parts / accessories are VERY HARD to find .
There are so many "hi quality" copies around you can't tell witch is witch anymore. So many fakes I'm afraid of the day I will have to replace my battery...
Sony-Ericsson - Acer - AMD - Nvidia
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-17 13:36
Had my black X10 over a year now, its been abused, my baby sister late last year picked it up and through it against the wall, got a little dent at the back on the chrome painted plastic, in December it endured rough nites of partying dropping it a bunch of times at the clubs, it also gets knocked a lot if i forget to take out my pocket at gym, so it has a few scratches and dents here and there, yet not a single scratch/mark on the mineral glass screen.

Personaly i hate cases, socks and pouches. The phone came with a SE pouch in the box which i used for about a week, had a see through silicone cover to but that was just to help me get used to the X10s large size at the time, stopped using that cover after a few weeks. I just cant see myself taking such careful care of my phone, i like the fact that it has a few bumps and scratchds, shows that it has been used, and can endure a bit rough usage, so a drop wont realy get to me unless it totaly messes up functionality.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-09-17 20:30
A recent accident involving my iphone 4 i dropped it down 6 flights of stairs
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-09-18 22:21
I would be absolutely mortified if that happened to my iPhone if i had one. I visited my sister today and told her of my accident and funnily enough only last week she did the same to her iPhone 4 and had only received it back repaired yesterday. Now, shes sporting a full body case for it. She said she had dropped it lots of times on its sides, but as soon as she dropped it on its flat back it shattered in the very same way.

So, even though i dont like full body cases ive decided to put my N8 in a basic neoprene pouch, but because it has a folding opening, the phone will probably never fall out of its own accord, unlike the sock which didnt hold my N8 in place at all. It just slid out like an ice cube in a glass tumbler.

Im still very very gutted about it. Ive noticed today that the plastic surround which umm.. surrounds the 3.5mm jack has a complete crack across it. In the past a bit of case damage hasnt bothered me that much but because the N8 is mostly metal, im more gutted than normal. I just want a new phone now.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-18 22:24
Bloody hell that is a write off that iphone I think the heavier they are the harder they fall. Like the N8 is made from metal & is fairly heavy & will fall harder. Same with the iphone. As for scratch resistant glass which is better Mineral or Gorilla?? Which is cheaper??
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-18 21:25 ]
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-09-18 22:35
I saw my N8 bounce on its back, then screen, then back onto its back the other day. So id say its gorrilla glass is quite good.

The funny thing is, when ive had plastic phones, they've always been dropped and survived without hardly a scratch. I thought the N8 would be even better, but in this respect i think its worse since the metal does not bounce or absorb the impact like a plastic phone would. The same goes for the iPhone 4 clearly.

But flagship devices like the N8, iPhone 4 all tend to be made of some less reliable materials imo. Which makes them feel very classy, but clearly also very vulnerable.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-18 22:38
Indeed. Like toughened plastic they last better. Apparently the Arc is made of premium toughened plastic Sorry had to laugh there cos it bloody ain't. The older x10 is more durable
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-09-18 22:39
Btw, i was just on GSMarena a little while ago and went to a link which shows an iPhone 5 case, which appeared to show what the iPhone 5 looked like. Then, suddenly the page disappeared. When i went to the exact URL, its been renamed REUSE as though Apple have quickly jumped on their case to take the page down.

GSMarena link
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-19 14:18
Etaab, sad news. My Satio recently went west in a random act of clumsiness on my part. I dropped it on the ground, it landed on it's edge and somehow when I went to pick it up I managed to stand on it with one foot with my full weight behind it. It was never the same afterwards. Even though it wasn't crushed, the touchscreen worked intermittantly and the speaker worked intermittantly (even after two dismantlings and reassembly).

Funny things is it had been dropped several times without any issues whatsover. But stepping on the thing while it was on it's side was the beginning of the end.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-19 14:28
It went west?? What,when you dropped it the phone fell west of you??
Phone?? What phone??
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-20 03:45

On 2011-09-19 14:28:00, Bonovox wrote:
It went west?? What,when you dropped it the phone fell west of you??

Went west. Carked it. Crapped out. Kicked the bucket. Kissed the big guy in the sky. Died.
nicv27
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 17:54
I always use iPhones and am constantly backing them up so I don't lose any info... I always insure my phones and due to my job (Scaffolding) usually break at least 1 sometimes 2 each year.
Samsung Galaxy S3 White iPad 2 32gb 3G +16/-0 Twitter.nicv27
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-09-24 00:10
Heh, i always find it rather funny when you see a butch builder pull out an iPhone and start tapping away so gently on its screen.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi