Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > HTC announces 1.5 GHz dual core smartphone with Beats Audio

12  Next
Author HTC announces 1.5 GHz dual core smartphone with Beats Audio
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 12:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
HTC Sensation XE is a new powerful smartphone with a 1.5 GHz dual core processor and 4.3 inch display
Esato News

HTC Sensation XE

The new HTC Sensation XE is the first in a series of smartphones having the Beats Audio technology promised to deliver Hi-Fi studio quality sound to consumers. The included Beats by Dr Dre In-Ear headset looks good and the BeatsByDre usually provides high-end headsets. As  with most music playback devices, the sound quality will not be better than the weakest chain. If the headsets has improved as much as HTC claims, the weakest chain might now be the HTC Sensation XE instead of the headset. Beats Audio is a combination of hardware and software and when the Dr Dre headset are connected to the Sensation XE, the mobile phone switches to a special profile which utilize the headsets. A new 1730 mAh battery delivers promising 550 minutes talk time and 310 hours standby time.

HTC Sensation XE highlights

• Weight: 151 gram
  • Size: 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm
  • Networks: GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 900/AWS/2100, HSPA 14.4/5.76
  • 4.3 inch touch display, 540 x 960 pixel resolution
  • 8 megapixel camera, dual LED light, autofocus
  • VGA front camera
  • Wi-Fi b/g/n
  • DLNA
  • FM Radio
  • Bluetooth 3.0. A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
  • 1080p HD video capture
  • A-GPS
  • 1.5 GHz dual core processor
  • 768 MB RAM. 1 GB storage. Total storage 4 GB. Expandable with microSD card. 8 or 16 GB card included in sales package
  • micro-USB 2.0 port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection
  • 3.5 mm audio jack
  • Sensors: Gyro, g-sensor, digital compass, proximity, ambient light
  • Audio supported formats: AAC, AMR, OGG, M4A, MID, MP3, WAV, WMA9
  • 1730 mAh battery
  • Standby time: 310 hours
  • Talk time: 550 minutes
  • Android OS with HTC Sense

HTC Sensation XE will be available in September.

julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 12:33
Very nice indeed but not sure about the Beats audio though?Just another hyped up audio brand name made famous by Dr dre and not really that great.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 12:55
Dr. Dre?? And who in their right mind would buy something praised by him?? The guy is an idiot with a foul attitude. Back on topic i did spot the white version of this and it looked cool. Good device but HTC SRS Sound is good enough imo. This Beats Audio is probably just based on bass in music like rap or hip hop not the actual clarity of music. Listen to me eh i sound like some purist but just cos a famous name is on a product does not mean its any good. It just sells cos dumb people think Dr. Dre actually made the thing

[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-14 11:57 ]
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 13:04
Exactly if I want quality sound I think of Bose and Bang Olufsen and not a foul mouthed gangster rapper from the hood who glamorises violence and killing.But saying that there is no shortage of shallow minded people out there who look upto the freak that is Dr dre and will buy this because of his association.

bangsters
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-14 16:20
what exactly are the differences to a regular htc sensation aside from the supposed dr dre sound quality? the battery is removable, so I guess you can buy that and put it in a standard htc sensation
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 19:22
There's said to be special software and I know someone who really loves his Dr.Dre headset.
I do like the Red/Black colouring
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 19:31

On 2011-09-14 12:55:00, Bonovox wrote:
Dr. Dre?? And who in their right mind would buy something praised by him?? The guy is an idiot with a foul attitude. Back on topic i did spot the white version of this and it looked cool. Good device but HTC SRS Sound is good enough imo. This Beats Audio is probably just based on bass in music like rap or hip hop not the actual clarity of music. Listen to me eh i sound like some purist but just cos a famous name is on a product does not mean its any good. It just sells cos dumb people think Dr. Dre actually made the thing

Sex is like the bank,as soon as you withdraw you lose interest!!
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-14 11:57 ]

just so you are aware (if you dont already know), the Beats audio line are made by Monster (Cables)... Its just a seperate product line with input from artists like Dr Dre, Diddy and Lada Gaga.

The Dr Dre ones would obviously be bass focused... I dont know how any of the Beats products are in terms of SQ, but I own a non beats Monster pair of earphones (the turbines) and they are fantastic! I know of a couple other couple non beats earphones from Monster that are really good too!

Anywho, I dont see this producing any significant changes in audio quality, more a marketing thing than anything (obviously.... HP did the same thing. A laptop with Beats and its sold quite well in Australia)
false_morel
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2011-09-14 20:34

On 2011-09-14 12:55:00, Bonovox wrote:
Good device but HTC SRS Sound is good enough imo.

On my HD7, I have SRS Sound as well as Dolby Mobile which if activated via an HTC dedicated app will activate another two front speakers along with the back one..

However, with all this, my N8 still delivers better quality and louder sound than the HD7!!

Most probably it's the shitty speakers from HTC though.. Not the feature itself.. But I doubt HTC will ever change their philosphy in making nice software features and ruining it all with crappy hardware components..
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-15 02:06
@julias & bonovox,

Wow. I'm surprised that you're both so critical. First, calling him an idiot is really out-of-line. Although he was horrible at rapping when with NWA (actually his rhymes where a JOKE except for "Express Yourself"; which was a huge hit), he went on (after 1989) to be a PLATINUM solo-artist ... a producer! Every DJ, Movie Actor, and well low end writer dreams of becoming a Producer in their field, its a natural progression. Of NWA, only ICE Cube is more succesful, but I debate that ... ICE Cube eventually evolved to movies and producing them. I doubt you'd call him a foul-mouth idiot that promotes voilence.

Promoting Voilence; look to your own government, or mine and the armament at hand ... how quickly the environment that youth grow up in poor USA ghetto's or with the local variety store having liquor available ... and believe me voilence is the least of your worries.

If you look at professional actors, I'd say based on 2 movies that Jeremy Irons (voice of Scar in The Lion King) is a pedo, but that is NOT who HE IS. Plain and simple, don't judge a person on the character they portray as part of a film or stage persona. Voilence and cursing is what youth have ALWAYS done for decades, sure the type of cursing has changed but ever since Rock N' Roll (Chuck Berry criticised for voilence destroying a guitar, or Jimi Hendrix for currupting young minds, or Sammy Davis Jr for insulting the Jewish religion) youth have always rebelled, language and taste of music has ALWAYS been at the forfront. Smart artists tap into this - regardless of the genre to appeal to their target audience. KRS-ONE promoted voilence in his early career, he evolved his rap & life and changed to educate - yes he still rhymes of the voilence but its critical to educate as well.

Beats is a brand that outsell's Bang & Olfsen .. probably close to BOSE. HTC's partnership is a SMART play, ... the fact that control headset VERY similar to iPhones Control Talk is an even smarter play ... their targeting the right audience; BRAVO! I'm older than 30 and this type of marketing appeals to me - i don't promote voilence, I do curse but not like a yardi yute.

Fact is this will sell quite well to its target audience and its another way for HTC to boost their brand and continue to win in the worldwide market.

Remember: The American Dream is to be super successful regardless of how you get there. Sad but true. Companies, especially with all this patent warring is no different.
|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
badassmam
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2011-09-15 02:57
HTC bought shares in Beats which can be found in nearly all RnB music videos. That's how to go up against the iPhone because the XE itself is awesome, the headphones give loads of bass and they have a huge following already. Everyone will want a Beats phone, its a brilliant bit of business if you ask me. Back in the day, the most desirable phones were the Walkman phones, I probably had every single one and I loved them all but I'm really looking forward the other Beats phones. Having said that nothing comes close to my Walkman player, Sony music is amazing.
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-15 08:20
If this phone uses the Monster Beats powered by Dre Powerbeats then those headsets are brilliant!

Edit: on closer inspection, they are not Powerbeats but I'm sure those will sound good also. Let's not forget that the phone's hardware will need to complement the headset.
[ This Message was edited by: Dups! on 2011-09-15 07:28 ]
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-15 16:54

On 2011-09-15 02:06:22, Prom1 wrote:
@julias & bonovox,

Wow. I'm surprised that you're both so critical. First, calling him an idiot is really out-of-line. Although he was horrible at rapping when with NWA (actually his rhymes where a JOKE except for "Express Yourself"; which was a huge hit), he went on (after 1989) to be a PLATINUM solo-artist ... a producer! Every DJ, Movie Actor, and well low end writer dreams of becoming a Producer in their field, its a natural progression. Of NWA, only ICE Cube is more succesful, but I debate that ... ICE Cube eventually evolved to movies and producing them. I doubt you'd call him a foul-mouth idiot that promotes voilence.

Promoting Voilence; look to your own government, or mine and the armament at hand ... how quickly the environment that youth grow up in poor USA ghetto's or with the local variety store having liquor available ... and believe me voilence is the least of your worries.

If you look at professional actors, I'd say based on 2 movies that Jeremy Irons (voice of Scar in The Lion King) is a pedo, but that is NOT who HE IS. Plain and simple, don't judge a person on the character they portray as part of a film or stage persona. Voilence and cursing is what youth have ALWAYS done for decades, sure the type of cursing has changed but ever since Rock N' Roll (Chuck Berry criticised for voilence destroying a guitar, or Jimi Hendrix for currupting young minds, or Sammy Davis Jr for insulting the Jewish religion) youth have always rebelled, language and taste of music has ALWAYS been at the forfront. Smart artists tap into this - regardless of the genre to appeal to their target audience. KRS-ONE promoted voilence in his early career, he evolved his rap & life and changed to educate - yes he still rhymes of the voilence but its critical to educate as well.

Beats is a brand that outsell's Bang & Olfsen .. probably close to BOSE. HTC's partnership is a SMART play, ... the fact that control headset VERY similar to iPhones Control Talk is an even smarter play ... their targeting the right audience; BRAVO! I'm older than 30 and this type of marketing appeals to me - i don't promote voilence, I do curse but not like a yardi yute.

Fact is this will sell quite well to its target audience and its another way for HTC to boost their brand and continue to win in the worldwide market.

Remember: The American Dream is to be super successful regardless of how you get there. Sad but true. Companies, especially with all this patent warring is no different.

What has our Governement got to do with Dr.Dre & this phone?? For goodness sake I said I just don't like the guy he makes rubbish music & he has a foul attitude. I could not give a stuff if he has sold or won whatever awards. Do I have to like him?? No Back on topic please
Phone?? What phone??
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-09-17 16:37
I only referenced Government for the application of violence and how it affects youth - plain and simple. You didn't have to quote my entire post to wonder why I mentioned a government - I'm Canadian not a USA citizen btw so its not "my" government. You quoted but either skimmed to quickly or it was out of context in understanding or my post confused; apologies. It's not cool to go off topic yourself, just to tell someone else replying to go back on topic; we both deviated.

I think the Beats partnership is a smart one, not just for marketing but also for better sound quality - especially the headphones with remote control. Those controls are VERY similar to the Control-Talk licensed by Apple to many other partners and this type of easy control on the XE's will benefit many target markets (users). Sound will be judged heavily by reviewers and also by users - just as much as those W800's did way back in the day.

PS: BASS is making huge comeback in R&B (think funk/disco of the 70's), Hip-Hop & House (always been there), and even in Rock N Roll (no matter the popular genre name its called today - think Zepplin's sample in "She's Crafty" by Beastie Boys right at he very first bar of that track ... the guitar riff; very bassy with the drums). These XE's with included headsets is a conscious partnership that i hope creates great competition ... I could always use quality sound in my smartphone - either in headphones or in the outport (or via BT connection). We're already starting to see quality speakers used in tablets with not so tiny bass response (still very light but getting better than iPad).

|AppleTV2|iPhone 12Mini 256GB|iPad Pro 256GB| Previously ... K750|Z500|Z520|K700|K790i|K850i, :Ericsson: T18z|T28World|T36m x3|T68m (Ericsson, not the rebranded T68i).
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 00:13
Doesn't look bad that ^^ Laffen
it was already posted by hans in the HTC Sensation thread last week !

also it did annoy me in somewhat way but according to another ref the Sensation (1)
can be rooted so it goes to 1.7GHZ, theres also another battery out already for it which is
better then the stock one and for sound wise it sounds pretty good already but i do not use my
Phone as a music source my iPod is for that degree

Dr Dre M&M's pet looks like he is aiming this phone at kids i doubt it will off put those youths
from the blackberry(s) though especially since the phone is £520.99 in the Box
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-09-20 00:30
@Miss UK
Yes, it was posted in the HTC Sensation thread a couple of hours after I wrote this article.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi