Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Australian court ask Apple to prove lower iPad sales caused by the introduction of Samsung Galaxy Ta

12  Next
Author Australian court ask Apple to prove lower iPad sales caused by the introduction of Samsung Galaxy Ta
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-09-07 02:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Latest in the case between Apple and Samsung where Apple are accusing Samsung for stealing ideas from iPad. A court in Australia has asked Apple for evidence of lower sales caused by the Galaxy 10.1 tablet. Apple might have to show iPad sales figures
Esato News

Apple vs Samsung 

Apple has been after Samsung the last couple of months. Several courts in Europe, U.S and Australia has forced Samsung to shot down the distribution of tablets and smartphones because the Samsung devices looks and behaves too similar to iPad and the iPhone. Apple claims that Samsung has copied ideas, design, packages and user interface from the i-products and that Samsung are violating Apple intellectual properties. The IFA electric trade show in Berlin last week was the latest incident where Samsung had to remove the brand new Galaxy Tab 7.7 inch tablet from the Samsung stand.

Today, a court in Australia has told Apple that they will have to prove to the court that the Galaxy 10.1 tablet has hurt the sale of iPad and iPad2 in markets where the Galaxy 10.1 already are for sale. U.S and UK are some of these markets. One way this could be proven is to give the court access to the sales figures for the two iPad tablets. If Apple fails to come up with falling sales figures or other relevant information proving that the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet has been the reason for lower iPad sales, the Federal Court Justice Annabelle Bennett will not be able to draw any positive assumptions of Apples claims.

Samsung's lawyer told the judge that People want an Android product, so they will buy an Android product and that the Galaxy 10.1 not has hurt the sales of iPad and iPad 2. Samsung has agreed on delaying the introduction of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to the Australian market until the end of September to let Apple get the chance to come up with a reply to the court order.

source

chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-09-07 11:11
apple are such a joke, just let bloody samsung sell it, plus the ipad has sold heaps so drop it apple you suck!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 14:19
Does Apple not realise there is something called competition out there?? Do they not realise that from many many years ago companies have always copied ideas?? It's like the bloody playground with Apple. I give you an example. I make a Blue Ray playing with 3D built in then so other manufacturers do the same. So where is the right for all them to sue?? It is pathetic. It is like Apple sitting next to Samsung or HTC in the classroom at school and saying SIR SAMSUNG IS COPYING ME. i have lost respect for Apple totally now.
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 15:23
Apple are burning their own bridges, one day/year this will all come to bite them horribly in the backside.

The day ALL Android OEMs decide they have had enough they may all go at Apple at once it will get very ugly for them, Apple aren't all that powerful in terms of patents and they know it.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 15:28
They will run out of people and things to think of in terms of suing. Only in America eh?? Like people suing tobacco manufacturers for becoming ill. Duh I know its not the same but you get me drift.
Phone?? What phone??
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 15:39
Not to worry folks Apple will get what's coming to them and their greed will be their undoing mark my words!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 16:02
Yeah yet people will still buy the EyePhone
Phone?? What phone??
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-09-08 20:41

On 2011-09-08 16:02:00, Bonovox wrote:
Yeah yet people will still buy the EyePhone

reminds me of an episode of Futurama.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max White Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 02:43
So apple is becoming a bully kid to Samsung, attacking them from all courts from all parts of the world, i bet Apple is using all their profits to fund their suing just to bring Samsung to its knees which will never happen
[ This Message was edited by: razec on 2011-09-09 01:43 ]
10 years at Esato
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 11:29
And their doing it to HTC
Phone?? What phone??
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 14:45

On 2011-09-08 15:23:33, Tsepz_GP wrote:
Apple are burning their own bridges, one day/year this will all come to bite them horribly in the backside.

The day ALL Android OEMs decide they have had enough they may all go at Apple at once it will get very ugly for them, Apple aren't all that powerful in terms of patents and they know it.

I like what you are saying, kinda like ganging up on a bully after he has terrorised most of the good guys. I can see it happening.

I wonder how in the world are they going to prove that the Samsung tab has adversely affected their own iPad. I like what the Australian court did here, instead of being bullied by the Apple lawyers it gave them a tricky assignment that is near impossible to prove.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 14:54
So so stupid. Apple seem to not understand the word COMPETITION
Phone?? What phone??
argiriano
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 16:00
The whole thing with the patents for form factor is absurd... I don`t know how and why enyone will agree to patent form factor in any industry. After all - all TVs look like TV, all laptops look like ones.... isn`t it natural a tablet to look like one?! I don`t understand how any court of this planet will rule in favor of Apple, but I guess I`m wrong... so it`s not Apple fault, it`s the whole society absurd laws.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-09-09 16:48
See this too
http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.u[....]sales-banned-again-in-germany/
Yes,true that most electronic goods look a like
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-09-09 15:50 ]
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-09-10 08:14
I'm keen for anyone to explain why Apple is at fault to protect that which has already been granted to them by the applicable process

I have no loyality/affiliation with Apple but I don't get these recent postings when all they are doing is trying to protect that which has already previously been granted to them? I'm sure if any of you came up with a design which you protect with a patent you would then expect the courts to deny any similar claim?

Apple can't, and are not, applying for protection against what has not already been granted to them, so anyone now complaining about patents owned by Apple are way past their opportunity for such complaints and to most now appear to be without forsight and just have sour grapes.

Surely any argument here is about the judicial process of granting IP etc rather than the claiment subsequently trying to protect their IP?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi