Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple

12  Next
Author Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-08-25 04:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Apple today reported that their CEO Steve Jobs resigns as the CEO. Tim Cook, the company COO has been assigned as the new CEO. Jobs will still serve as the Chairman of the Board
Esato News

Steve Jobs resign as Apple CEO 

Steve Jobs was one of the co-founders of Apple in 1976. He left the company in 1985 because of internal power struggle but came back in 1996 to start a revolution within the company. Apple has started out as computer company and was up until 2007 named Apple Computer. The word "Computer" was removed at the same time they started the expansion into the consumer electronics market. The first iPod music player was launched in 2001, and it was a huge success for Apple. In 2007, the first iPhone saw the daylight, and while it was lacking some of the features usually found in mobile phones at that time, it was, and still is a huge success for Apple.

Under Steve Jobs leadership, Apple has become U.S most valuable company. Much of this is because of the success of the iPhone. The iPhone and related products and services account for almost half of Apple's revenue.

Steve Jobs has been troubled by health related issues. In 2009 he left the company for a six-month leave of absence because of health problem. He underwent a liver transplant in 2009 and the prognosis was said to be "excellent". But in January this year, Jobs once more had been granted a medical leave to focus on his health.

Today Apple sent out a press release saying Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive Officer and the previously COO Tim Cook has been named as the new CEO.

Jobs himself published a letter regarding his leave: 

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:
I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.
I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.
As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.
I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.
I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.
Steve 
The Apple share price fell over 5% after the announcement.

julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-25 06:34
This is a major shock didn't expect Jobs to quit like this Apple just won't be the same without him like the product launches and his trademark jeans and black pullover with the round glasses.But as with everything in life all things must come to an end so I guess this was his time to go but I think its safe to say that he's left Apple in a good place and made the brand one of the best in the world now the billion dollar question is will this success continue without him?
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-25 07:17

On 2011-08-25 06:34:21, julias wrote:
now the billion dollar question is will this success continue without him?

More like the 350 billion dollar question... (A billion dollar question would be the one Jon Rubinstein and Todd Bradley are asking HP about webOS)
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-25 09:11

On 2011-08-25 07:17:10, jplacson wrote:

On 2011-08-25 06:34:21, julias wrote:
now the billion dollar question is will this success continue without him?

More like the 350 billion dollar question... (A billion dollar question would be the one Jon Rubinstein and Todd Bradley are asking HP about webOS)

a good one on the HP thing....that's a 1.2 billion question to be exact !!!!

But well to me, Steve departure was never a surprise with him taking absence so frequently.
he is not out of Apple 100%. he is still the chairman.

The interesting part is the mail he have and reveal on the net.
Its still like the Steve.... He is giving instruction to the Board of Directors on what he want for Apple.

So he tell them....make Tim the CEO, and I will be Chairman and the board of directors just follow.
oh well... why not since they bring him back on 1997 when Apple is at the edge of bankrupt. If you read some articles....Michael Dell suggest Apple to liquidate herself to payback share holder.

today.... Dell is struggling ....Dell is copying Apple.

Apple have more cash than US gov and also many gov in this planet.
I am not surprise for the coming 2 to 3 yrs we will still see product which have Steve vision in it.
[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2011-08-25 08:11 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-25 11:55
iDon't care

A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-25 15:18
The sudden resignation of Steve Jobs yesterday caused Apple stock shares to drop sharply in after-hours trading, as it has fallen 5 percent to $357.02 as of 7:59ET, according to NASDAQ.

Edit: Also now would be a good time to buy Apple shares as they will no doubt shoot up in value once the iphone 5 and other products are announced.
[ This Message was edited by: julias on 2011-08-25 14:37 ]
Raptormex
Vivaz Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-25 16:34
iMac+iPod+iPhone+iPad = iDiot
Long live the king Android
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-26 12:36
Found this nice article on Jobs about his dark side and bad temper which his staff were terrified of.

Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-08-26 20:22
May Apple rest in peace sorry I mean may Steve rest his feet!!
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2011-08-26 22:49
iphones resign
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-08-26 23:10
Apparantly Steve Jobs actually meant to say, "I reign as CEO of Apple."... Damn you, autocorrect!!!
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2011-08-27 04:48
if you have read the letter.

part 1 was done using iQUIT....part to about his STRONG recommendation for replacement and his next position is using

iDEMAND...... the board ends up have no choice but open the app call iOK.
jplacson
Sony Xperia P
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-08-27 05:00
@masseur... I'm so reposting that joke on my blog!!!!
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2011-08-27 09:34

On 2011-08-27 05:00:14, jplacson wrote:
@masseur... I'm so reposting that joke on my blog!!!!

no worries. all re-(tweet,esato,blog,post,google,etc) royalties to masseur@ineedbigbucks.com
julias
X2 White
PM
Posted: 2011-08-29 12:23
We can see here why he resigned he does look very sick and frail.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi