Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Author Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-07-20 01:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anyone tried the new Galaxy Tab? Now I am not a big fan of Apple and their annoying "locks" on their products but why would one buy a Galaxy Tab over an iPad when essentially they are not much different. The Tab offers proprietary pins to USB, it has no microSD slot, no HDMI out or MHL for that matter?

Shouldn't we all just go for an iPad which is proven, costs the same and has a proven track record?
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-08-09 00:40
Very happy owner of Galaxy Tab10.1v ( version with 8MP Cam with 1080P video capture) here. Ive got daily access to a iPad and can tell you these are teo very different beasts.

The iPad feels like a larger iPod Touch, with apps optimized for the larger display.

The Galaxy Tab10.1 rocks Android Honeycomb, the UI is a bit different to the phone UI of Gingerbread, one of the awesome things in Honey is the widgets that have thumbnails that you flick through like CD collection, the YouTube and CNN widgets are a good example. The Honeycomb UI IMO really brings out Android and its capabilities, it feels like a mini laptop, especially for web browsing thanks to full desktop Adobe Flash, i use my phone A LOT LESS to browse the web now as the Tab is simply better for the job, also when it comes to handling Emails, Documents and Social Networking, this thing simply amazing, TweetCaster HD for Honeycomb and TweetComb are two examples of tweet apps that just enhance the experience, only time i use my phone for these activities is usually when im out the house.

Choosing between an iPad2 and Galaxy Tab10.1, i would say if you preferred a Android phone over an iPhone you will then most certainly prefer a Android Honeycomb tab like the Galaxy Tab10.1 over the iPad2 no doubt, as you may at some point realise that even your top end Android smartphone is more capable than an iPad2 at some tasks, e.g. web browsing.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
skblakee
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2011-08-09 02:22
I will take it that you are overall satisfied with the Tab 10.1? How are videos?
Galaxy Note III with 64gb micro SD
Visit St.Kitts in the Caribbean. Beautiful little place.
iPad Air 16GB
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2011-08-09 16:10
Tsepz_GP pretty much covered it.... I would only add that if you are like me and have tons of music and movies, you may want to consider the Motorola Xoom over the Galaxy Tab... i say this because Xoom comes with better build quality, removable micro sd slot and better speakers.
[addsig]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2011-08-09 21:25

On 2011-08-09 02:22:36, skblakee wrote:
I will take it that you are overall satisfied with the Tab 10.1? How are videos?

Videos look and sound amazing, and it supports DivX out the box so no real need for 3rd party players.

I agree with what mlife said, if you want MicroSD support, better speakers and HDMI get the Xoom.
I've got the 10.1v which has large speakers on either side and is thicker than the normal 10.1 , it has textured grips at the back and has an 8MP camera, and I compared it to the normal 10.1 and could't believe how tiny the speakers are on that one as they had to make them much smaller to get it to be thin, glad I managed to get this one before the Vodafone exclusive ended.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2011-08-09 20:26 ]
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi