Joined: Aug 07, 2001
Posts: > 500
From: Oslo, Norway
Another Droid has seen the light. No reason to change the Droid name when Droid has established itself as one of the most feature packed Android smartphone model.
Compared to the Droid 2, Droid 3 has got a larger 4 inch display with higher resoluation, increased the camera resolution from 5 to 8 megapixel and it has a dual core 1GHz processor. The look and feel seems to be very similar to the Droid 2.
The Droid 3 is available on Verizon in the US. As with the Droid 2, a global model might be released later.
Motorola Droid 3 highlights
- Size: 123.3 x 64.1 x 12.9 mm
- Weight: 184 gram
- 4 inch touch screen display, 540 x 960 pixel resolution, 16 million colours, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Dual core 1 GHz processor
- 8 megapixel camera
- 1080p video recording
- Full QWERTY keyboard (worlds thinnest QWERTY model)
- Networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, CDMA 800/1900, WCDMA 850/1900/2100, HSPA 10.2 Mbps, CDMA EV-DO Release A
- Memory: 16 GB storage. Expandable with microSD card up to 32 GB. 48 GB in total
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- WiFi, DLNA
- Bluetooth 2.1
- HDMI (HDMI cable not included)
- Battery: 1540 mAh
- Standby time: 300 hours
- Talk time: 550 minutes
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, ambient light and eCompass
Joined: Dec 27, 2006
Posts: > 500
From: Johannesburg -South Africa
If I'm not mistaken this is the 1st full hardware QWERTY dual-core smartphone, true mini-laptop lol, looks really good, hope they get the GSM version out fast as it has a major advantage with that QWERTY board.
Samsung GALAXY S4 32GB Exynos Octa Black Mist
Apple iPad 4 WIFI+LTE 16GB White
The world can't hold me, too much ambition!